Search results

1. C

vacuum sealers 500$ or less ..

When my Foodsaver went out last year I did some research because I too didn't want to break bank with chamber sealer. So I went with the Weston Pro 2300. I am super happy with it. Works great. Not a ton under your $500 budget, but it is under.
  2. C

Tuna in Washington fall 2020

X3 on Mark Coleman. Went 2 years ago for the first time. Life changing fishery!! We got weathered out last year around 3rd week of August, so we didn't get to fish. Amazing how it was such a downer because of how excited we were from year before. We are already booked to fish with Mark...
  3. C

2019 Albacore fishing

+1 on Westport!! After reading about this fishery for many years we went there this summer. It was not disappointing at all. In fact, I am now a Albacore Addict!! Already have trip booked for next summer.
  4. C

Tuna, 2018 - it won't be long

Always has been on my list as well. After reading many of these posts we booked a trip with Mark Coleman of All Rivers. He seems to get very high reviews from members here. Cant wait. Trip is end of August
  5. C

Leaf Blower

X 3 on the Stihl. have owned several other brands. Stihl is my go to for all power tools any more. Yes they are usually more, but worth it down the road
  6. C

Island deer rifle

Look at the 7mm .08. it shoots a 140 gr bullet so it is a little more stout than a .243. They are pretty light and don't kick much. We have even taken an Elk with no trouble with this load.
  7. C

tuna charter question

Thanks guys. I have heard good things here on All Rivers. Will check into them
  8. C

tuna charter question

has anyone heard of Oregon Tuna Charters out of Garibaldi ? Had a friend use them and had a blast. Any other feedback would be great.
  9. C

Canning pinks

X2 on the salsa. I use 3 tablespoons and a couple teaspoons of granulated garlic. The salsa is what makes the flavor of the fish awesome!!
  10. C

looking for a new bbq

WEBER GENESIS!! I had my first one for 16 years until I melted everything in it. Bought a cheaper one thinking it would do just fine, lasted 3 years until I melted her down. Went with another Genesis last year and wished I had done this instead of going cheap last time. I know they are...
  11. C

Pickled Salmon Recipe

My pickled salmon I made 3 months ago is looking cloudy in the jar. Does that mean that it is bad?
  12. C

Pickled Salmon Recipe

this is making me hungry. I have never tried pickled salmon but am going to try this recipe. 2 questions, how much pickling spice do you use, and would some fresh dill be a nice addition to the recipe
  13. C

BIG thanks to the Bluewolf !!

I had the great fortune to head north to Sooke last week for a couple of days with Roy. We were celebrating my dad's 70th, brothers 40th, and my sons 16th birthdays, and man what a trip full of lifelong memories. Day one every body got to reel something in, including the massive 20 lb chum that...
  14. C

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

you guys are getting me fired up!! Only one week until a couple of days with Roy. Can't wait.
  15. C

buying licenses on-lin

thanks craven! the site is a little confusing at first, but I do like it for future trips.
  16. C

buying licenses on-lin

Question I will be coming to fish in July with my dad, son and brother. When I buy our licenses online can I do them all with the profile I create for me. Or do I have to create a profile for all 4 of us separately? thanks in advance!!
  17. C

You, Your Girl & Your Johnson

that might be the best commercial ever
  18. C

Ice Cream In a Bag

this was great fun for my son to make ice cream for the family. Quite tasty too, as we added some of last summers Huckleberries
  19. C

Owner Stinger Siwash Hooks

they are spendy hooks! But it is the only hook I will use for my salmon or steelhead gear. They are strong and the sharpest hook out there. Heck they even have warning labels on them about the sharpness. I believe it even says to keep away from children
Back