Search results

1. TenMile

Prawn trap setup - 1 trap outfishes others 10:1

So a buddy and I have been doing fairly well prawning this year. In total we have 6 traps. They are all the round stainless type with black poly-mesh netting. We fish 2 per line. Use the round Scotty bait jars with pellets and herring oil. 1 of the traps outfishes all of the other traps...
  2. TenMile

New (to me) 1992 Wellcraft V21 Steplift

Just completed the first full-on bloody deck trip of the season in the new ride. I've been out of the boat-owning game for the past 2 years and was really missing getting out on the water. Happened to find this very nice 1993 V21 locally. Has an '06 Optimax 200 with ~550 hours along with a...
  3. TenMile

WTB: Stainless Cleaning Table

Hey all, Looking for a large outdoor cleaning table. Preference for stainless. If you know of anything out there, or have one, please let me know.
  4. TenMile

Only one bear in a hundred bites....

Hope you all got out and voted. Thought this video was well done (spoiler alert -- it's not about bears.... its about the pipeline)
  5. TenMile

Petroflex 100 gallon range extender fuel bladder

Selling for a friend of mine. Unit is in excellent shape. Has previously been used for diesel fuel and can hold gasoline as well. He has never used it, and prior boat owner used it only a couple of times. Comes with tie down straps and carrying bag. Can ship it to you as it rolls up into a...
  6. TenMile

Analog to NMEA2K/Ethernet project

Did a couple little projects on the boat over the past while that I thought I'd share. My main goal for this project was to get fuel gauges to the upper helm on the boat. I drive it from up top and when I'm on long trips had no way to see how much fuel was left in the tanks. To add a second...
  7. TenMile

What's with the water levels on Cowichan Lake?

Hey all, Anyone know the skinny on why the lake levels at Cowichan have fluxuated so much in the past 6 months? At the end of the summer season, the Lake was as low as I've seen it in the past 20 years. So low, that the anchor system for our dock placed 40 years ago was right at the end of...
  8. TenMile

FS: 14' Hourston 70Hp w Trailer

For sale is a 14' Hourston run-about. Hull was refinished and painted in 2010 (using Perfection) - all hand filled and sanded. The hull is old, but it's simple and in decent shape. New rub rail. Full bimini and canvas. Engine is a 70HP 2-stroke Johnson with Oil Injection. Engine is a 1997...
  9. TenMile

PSA: Home Network Security

Don't often mix work-stuff with play stuff but thought the group here might find these guides useful. I work in the IT industry and the number of Ransomware attacks going on is getting out of hand. First, for those with young families at home -- a free service for protecting against...
  10. TenMile

EZ-Steer bar

Hey guys, Cleaning out the garage on the weekend and I found a long EZ-Steer bar. It's just the bar and the male connectors on the ends -- I don't have the quick releases. Bar is the longer size -- over 30" when extended. It's a bit stiff but would work as a backup. Willing to part with it...
  11. TenMile

Fishing East of Renfrew

Hey guys, I fish the Renfrew area every few years, not a regular by any stretch but have put in my fair share of time there. What's the rationale behind fishing the beach to the West rather than East of the entrance? I know a fair number of boats fish East Point and a few will work their way...
  12. TenMile

Easy Job - Strataglass Replacement

Figured I'd post this to help out anyone who needs to replace vinyl windows. The enclosure on my boat has a couple of vinyl windows that the prior owner had purchased. Not sure what material was used, but guessing it was a cheap non-coated vinyl and over time they yellowed and pitted to the...
  13. TenMile

Free: Tesla Wireless Powered Boat

Been shaking my head all day. Just think of the size of the Black Box you'd need to dial your rigger voltage back down!!! Pod-schmod!!! Forget all those I/O vs OB discussions... http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/FREE-tesla-wireless-powered-boat_27462512 Inventor seeks boat owner for...
  14. TenMile

C E Smith Fish Bag

Hi all, I have for sale a C E Smith fish bag. Size is 22" x 66". 3/4" foam insulation. Holds a crap-load of fish and ice. Well made bag with a heavy duty zipper. Dual handles with straps that span across the entire bag to hold the weight. Zips completely open for easy cleaning. Rolls up...
  15. TenMile

Victoria Westmarine closing

Went into Victoria Westmarine yesterday to get some zincs and bottom paint and it looks like they are closing early. They were supposed to be open until their lease ran out in 3 years, however, Ray explained the building has sold (new Audi dealership being built). They are open until all the...
  16. TenMile

You think you won't sink: 120 seconds -- a true story

Story has me re-evaluating my escape and survival plan! http://themarineinstallersrant.blogspot.in/2010/10/one-hundred-and-twenty-seconds.html
  17. TenMile

Anyone know stuff about Crown boats

Buddy of mine is looking at a 28' Crown Flybridge but we can't seem to find anything about the history of these boats. There was a sailboat manufacturer in Vancouver in the 70's who made a boat called a Crown and wondered if they spit out a few powerboat hulls as well. Boat has a similar style...
  18. TenMile

Diesel fuel in Port Renfrew

Hey guys, Weighing the options of Renfrew vs. Bamfield this summer and fuel availability might be the deciding factor. What are the options for marine diesel fuel in Port Renfrew? Not real comfortable going up the river to the marina with twin screws on shafts as it can get pretty shallow in...
  19. TenMile

Ramp Fail

Points out why launching slowly is sometimes the better option: http://www.keyt.com/news/boating-mishap-when-pickup-truck-goes-into-harbor-too/33348950
  20. TenMile

Simrad Autopilot - first test impression

Got out on the weekend on the new rig and tested out a new Simrad 2403 Autopilot system. First time I have ever used an AP on a boat. Did the installation myself over a couple weekends. First time working with hydraulics -- hardest part was mating all the different fittings together but the...
Back