Search results

1. TenMile

2023 Ucluelet Reports

We did ok. Some days better than others. It's somewhat more hit and miss than earlier in the year.
  2. TenMile

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Send him my way if they are his. It was not an expensive setup.
  3. TenMile

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Pulled up a pair of prawn traps close to Barkley Sound Resort. Had about 100ft of poly line that seems to have been cut -- no ball -- rope was draped over mine down at the bottom. Traps and line all look recent. If you can describe them I can get them back to you somehow.
  4. TenMile

Popup sale on Lowrance HDS9 Carbon at HC

Should add -- you can also use the Lowrance Autopilot with it as well...
  5. TenMile

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Sometimes the wind forecast depends on the source you're using. Windy.com shows Monday as stellar unless you're going WAY offshore.
  6. TenMile

Popup sale on Lowrance HDS9 Carbon at HC

I picked one up in the spring. Yes it's a very good unit. On my last 3 boats I've had and HDS-9, Simrad NSS-9 Evo and now the HDS-9 Carbon. I'd suggest this unit is basically the exact copy of the NSS-9 except it has WiFi built in and its newer/faster. This unit comes with the C-Maps card...
  7. TenMile

2022 Ucluelet Reports

The other trick I find with Bucktails is to set your drag loose. I find if its set tight the fish will hit and are often gone before you can grab the rod. I like to use a reel that makes noise and try to set it up high and out of the way with the line way back. You'll often hear the reel...
  8. TenMile

Spent Tuesday/Wednesday doing a short fish with my daughter. On Tuesday we headed out towards Sail Rock but the water was fairly sloppy so we crossed the Broken Group and got out of the chop at Swale. Couple small shakers at Swale after an hour, so we decided to tack across the channel to the...
  9. TenMile

Had a good long weekend in the sound. Pretty much did a full circle of the Broken Group over the weekend. Friday had us at Sail Rock where the fishing was very active. Limit of springs in 3 hours -- nothing huge but all the fish between 6-12lbs. Jigged up some nice Ling as well. Saturday at...
  10. TenMile

Prawn trap setup - 1 trap outfishes others 10:1

So a buddy and I have been doing fairly well prawning this year. In total we have 6 traps. They are all the round stainless type with black poly-mesh netting. We fish 2 per line. Use the round Scotty bait jars with pellets and herring oil. 1 of the traps outfishes all of the other traps...
  11. TenMile

Really? I've been on here for years and have never noticed. Usually everyone is quite helpful.
  12. TenMile

New (to me) 1992 Wellcraft V21 Steplift

Not really sure -- I've not opened it up. I'd guess close to 40kts -- way faster than I want/need to go.
  13. TenMile

Any particular reason you'd avoid going towards Ukee?
  14. TenMile

New (to me) 1992 Wellcraft V21 Steplift

Just completed the first full-on bloody deck trip of the season in the new ride. I've been out of the boat-owning game for the past 2 years and was really missing getting out on the water. Happened to find this very nice 1993 V21 locally. Has an '06 Optimax 200 with ~550 hours along with a...
  15. TenMile

Let’s see your towing rig!

2012 VW Touraeg TDI (Diesel). Has a towing capacity of 7700lbs. All wheel drive with a short wheelbase is nice on the ramps.
  16. TenMile

Spent the weekend camped at Secret Beach over in Toquart Bay. Nice campsite, but you have to be self-sufficient as there is no running water or electricity. This past weekend, we fished between Swale and Effingham/Austin and did well. Several nice mid-teen very scrappy Springs and did some...
  17. TenMile

2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Fished Bamfield area Sun-Tues -- essentially closed down Seabeam Lodge for the season. Didn't venture offshore as we had one of Seabeams 17' Hourstons, but the weather was decent early on the trip so we made it as far as Effingham and Cape Beale. In a word, salmon fishing was slow. First...
  18. TenMile

Regulations Unclear Regarding Chinook Retention

The coordinates for the line posted on the DFO starts at the Pachena Lighthouse - goes straight out 1nm and then heads up the island from there -- I started plotting it using Google Maps. The area 121 boundary starts at Bonilla Point and the regulation does indeed seem to state that as long as...
  19. TenMile

Regulations Unclear Regarding Chinook Retention

Man these changes are confusing. Have a Hali trip booked in June from Renfrew and trying to understand if there will be the opportunity to retain salmon. I got the email notice this morning which states: Southern BC Recreational Fisheries...
  20. TenMile

2018 Port Renfrew Reports

If any of you guys are around on the weekend of Sept 15th, my 3 brothers and I are going to be staying at PGM. On the Saturday night we're going to host an Open Mic Jam at Bridgeman's at the marina. I think a few of you may have been around a few years back when we did this in front of the...
Back