Search results

1. juandesooka

FREE: Raymarine R70 display unit

Inherited this Raymarine/Raytheon R70 display unit. If anyone can use it, I'd be happy keeping it out of the landfill. Unit is in Sooke, can possibly bring it up island or to vancouver late June. Or pay shipping if you really want it!
  2. juandesooka

LOST: windsurfing wing off Sooke

Stand down, wing found by Sooke SAR, rescued just before it hit possession point. They are a great crew and amazing resource, always good to know they have our backs should things go wrong in all our varied ocean fun chasing.
  3. juandesooka

Stand down, wing found by Sooke SAR, rescued just before it hit possession point. They are a great crew and amazing resource, always good to know they have our backs should things go wrong in all our varied ocean fun chasing.
  4. juandesooka

A friend lost his yellow and blue inflated wing 1km off Tugwell Creek today. Westerly wind, so it's likely floating towards Victoria. Reward and big karma points if found.
  5. juandesooka

WTB Scotty mounts

I picked the wrong year to clear out the shed, now that I am refitting a new-to-me boat. All those gizmos left at the curb! :-( Looking for Scotty downrigger mounts ... update, just need a 6" pedestal riser. PM me, email juandesooka at gmail dot com or text me 6047869006. Have cash/beer...
  6. juandesooka

Port Renfrew Reports 2015

Slowed down on the beach? Heard a slow report Thursday. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
  7. juandesooka

Sooke2015

9-3 shift between Otter and Muir. Relatively steady action, but no defined bite time we saw. We had 1 decent spring on that shook the hook, otherwise small stuff....pinks, hatch coho, small chinook. DFO checking boats at the public launch. Make sure you have those chinooks recorded....he...
  8. juandesooka

Sooke2015

First report in a long time! Left the ramp around 930am, into the fog. First hit 5 mins in, 50ft in 110ft, on spoon, somewhere harbourmouth towards possession. 18lb spring. No bites for a while after that, then non stop pinks off the harbourmouth, 100-120ft. Caught them from 20-110ft...
  9. juandesooka

All Leather Genuine La-Z-Boy Recliners

Could you send a pic or two from other angles? Need to convince the style cop that the "go" with our setup. ;-) where are you?
  10. juandesooka

Tuna charter

for those going with All Rivers this week...check out latest video on facebook....good times ahead! https://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Rivers-Saltwater-Charters/169404046516916?fref=nf
  11. juandesooka

Tuna charter

I was with Dabell on the tuna trip last week with www.oceansportfishingcharters.com ....unbelievable fishing down there right now. I have done both the fast troll WCVI and the live bait.....not even close, the live bait option is so much more fun. You troll until you get a hit, then quickly...
  12. juandesooka

Canned Halibut ?

Experimented with this a few years ago, worked really well if you put in a tablespoon of olive oil in with it. Great mild tasting meals-ready-to-eat. Excellent for sandwiches. Really worked nice with adding flavour. The best was sweet chili sauce. Garlic and cilantro was good too, as well...
  13. juandesooka

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

6-11 shift. An hour for springs at poss/secretary, nada. 3 hours trolling in the deeps for sockeye with the full array...nada. 1 lucky pass at the bluffs....right on the bottom, 18lb.
  14. juandesooka

Wow, like Christmas eve....sockeye potential again! Rollie and others catching them incidentally ... are you finding them near shore, when targeting springs, or out in the deep water? I recall deep was the go last time around ... but if you're catching them on bait, suspect you may be...
  15. juandesooka

Sooke RCA

I know there's a Rockfish Conservation Area in front of Sooke, but never bothered to look it up. I don't chase bottom fish myself, but I get asked sometimes. Curious to know where it actually is. Found this map...
  16. juandesooka

Good job on the derby, always a fun time, didn't disappoint. We were among the west side skunk crew. Was also the usual "fun" navigating out in the thick fog...one of those mornings where happy to have both chart plotter and radar. Great to get boat back in the water, looks like fishing season...
  17. juandesooka

Sooke Public Boat Launch

From the News Mirror article "The district will collect all of the revenues with 90% going to the operator. Revenue from the boat launch in 2013 was $5,499". Can you tell me if this is a typo? Because if I read this right, that sounds like $549.90 per year in cost recovery is all that...
  18. juandesooka

Sooke Fishing Charters: charity auction

The Rotary Club of Sooke is holding its annual Auction & Spring Fair this Saturday (May 3rd). This is the main fundraiser for the club's activities in Sooke and beyond. For those near Sooke, there's a fair number of fishing and boating items on offer. Here's a link to the flyer listing all...
  19. juandesooka

2013 Tuna adventures

yup, NW aluminum, new this year. 27'. Plenty of room, but did feel pretty small far, far out there. and here's a good one! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sesame-seared-tuna/ :-)
  20. juandesooka

2013 Tuna adventures

Port Renfrew tuna trip I got lucky to be invited on a tuna fishing trip out of Port Renfrew in September. Here's the video. A long day, thankfully calm seas, lots of tuna brought home, a fun time was had by all! [hx9V43yRqvY] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx9V43yRqvY
Back