Search results

1. F

Wildlife Allocations Update/Vancouver Island

So first the fishing guides get the bulk of the halibut allocation for their guests and now the hunting guides are getting more of the game allocation for their guests..... what next?
  2. F

Rec Boaters having big effect on herring survival

Too funny. Started with the cumulative effect of oil discharged in and around marinas and rather then accepting a hint of responsibility you ended up at "close the commercial fishery". ignorance is bliss I suppose.
  3. F

Halibut quota ideas?

I disagree. if we could help fight the bycatch in Alaska then we would have more than enough fish here to have full seasons again. The impact from the north is what is pitting us against each other in a lose lose battle.
  4. F

Gun Control in US and Canada

only in america.... WASHINGTON—The nation's most powerful gun-rights lobby called Friday for armed security guards in schools, saying that children had been left vulnerable in their classrooms. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, said that "the monsters...
  5. F

IHPC 2013 Halibut Biomass reductions

I used to support the bcwf. I have decided to put any monies towards my local hatcheries instead. difference of opinion and priority for me.
  6. F

I respect your position. I just choose to disagree. Ottawa is doing jack **** to properly manage this resource. If anything it appears Harper is going to wipe it off the face Of the earth.
  7. F

how do we ask for higher limits when there is a 34% reduction being presented. something is going to have to give. 1/1 with a total limit would be acceptable.
  8. F

So Let’s Talk About It, Halibut 2013

Seasonal limit and reduce possession limit for out of country visitors.
  9. F

Browns Bay reports

Even the seines are starving this week. Nothing for us yesterday.
  10. F

A new fish farm approved by the B.C. Liberals

My position on fish farms is simple. We need the protein they produce, But they need to be placed off the migration routes of wild salmon. preferably on land but I do understand the financial hurdle to do this. My comment, although inappropriate for the thread, was directed at the...
  11. F

A new fish farm approved by the B.C. Liberals

Yup they are taking a page out of the SFAB handbook. Twist it up, manipulate the facts and put it out to the public. I hear there is a 30% increase in farms slated for the east side.
  12. F

Halibut! What do you want?

where do we send the bill for all the halibut your drag and pcod fisheries are killing and throwing away in Alaska (20,000,000 lbs)? How about all the salmon intercepted at Noyes island that is destined for the skeena or nass?
  13. F

Halibut! What do you want?

Wow quite the backlash for asking a simple question must be a marina owner. Why should the tourists be ahead of our own local fishermen? Last arguement I read was that this was about the Canadians that can't access the resource. PHMA Nightmare you are so full of crap it is pathetic. The local...
  14. F

West Coast Fishing Guide Association Meeting

Right on Lorne!!! I have never met ya but I sure agree with your read on this.
  15. F

I am dead against trying to extend the season to accommodate the guides. What about the rest of us? They are a business. Let them work out a proper business plan. If that includes leasing commercial fish for their commercial operations then deal with it.
  16. F

Considering that the bulk of the rec fish is coming from the north where guests Fly in direct without setting foot in a town I would say that supporting the small Communities is crap. When was the last time you visited Prince Rupert or Hardy? Those towns are screwed and I doubt the odd charter...
  17. F

Anyone Know Anything About This New Outfit/Floating Lodge?

The boat is the Canadian Shore. It was owned by Jimmy years ago. I have seen it in Prince Rupert quite often.
  18. F

Halibut Closure Angers Sport Fishermen From: ANewsVanIsland | Aug 24, 2011

I understood that if you had a experimental license you could catch as many as you have the pounds for..
  19. F

Commercial fishing Alberni Canal..why the entire Canal?

so you would rather open the seins up earlier in the mouth or wait until the spawning numbers are reached then have them come in and clean up?
  20. F

Rec Halibut leased in BC reaches a whopping 220 lbs

me thinks that the amount of quota being leased will go up. it is still cheap fish for the rich oil boys out of alberta.
Back