Search results

1. R

Vancouver Boat Decals

How did this turn out? Looking for some one in the delta/surrey/Langley area to do a stripe and logo on a boat. Any recommendations are well received Thanks
  2. R

Halibut near Vancouver?

there where 3 nice ones caught this winter by guys fishing off the robert's bank coal port so while very scarce, there is the odd one out there off of vancouver
  3. R

Thompson open

think he just got old and decided it was time to move closer to a town with a hospital.
  4. R

Thompson open

Dennis, I am just looking for a river that catch and release fishing has deciated the run. Seems like no one can coe up with an example of it happening. Did not happen on the Island from what I can tell and since so any people are lighting their hair on fire about fishing the Thompson I am...
  5. R

Thompson open

log cabin is still open and the owners, John and Laurie also bought the Circle J motel and refurbished it plus changed the name to Bait's motel. So they see to be doing just fine.
  6. R

Thompson open

I posted this elsewhere and got no answers so maybe some one here can let me know, anyone want to explain just how more than a decade of closures on the east coast of vancouver island rebuilt the runs? How the lack of anglers improved it so much that the runs just bounced back in great...
  7. R

fs Alaskan salmon plugs & lucky louie's $100.00

plugs where last used by an oldtimer long before the barbless rule came into effect. Selling them for his wife since he passed away a couple of months ago. thought with all the salmon fishers here some one would be interested in them.
  8. R

fs Alaskan salmon plugs & lucky louie's $100.00

I have 3 chrome Luhr Jensen Alaskan salmon plugs One in plastic box 2 others without. All plugs have been fished. Also have 2 lucky louie's 1 with pink stripe 1 with blue stripe Gone
  9. R

Cool New Trolling Lures

Dave the lure maker has caught a lot of fish in the last few years using these things around Thrasher rock and Porlier pass. Of course it is the only lure he uses. He makes them in MAple ridge I think so that may explain part of the high price
  10. R

Halibut for 2012........ready for less?

check out the press release for the IHPC and how they want to cut back Canada another million pounds (area 2b) while areas 2a and 2c get more, go figure that one out http://www.iphc.int/news-releases/250-nr20111202b.html
  11. R

Halibut closing after long weekend?

got this on Friday Get out while you can. Subject: Recreational Halibut Up-Date Good Afternoon, Today at 2:00 pm there was a DFO/SFAB In-season Halibut Working Group call regarding the 2011 recreational halibut catch estimate in relation to the 2011 recreational TAC. The recreational...
  12. R

Anchovies and Teasers

do you mean the "Cutting point" treble or the Needle point treble? looked for "Chisel" point trebles and could not find any. The Owners are really nice hooks. So are the Mustad 36329BLN trebles but it seems to be you can only find those is a 5pk.x strong black nickel, very nice and sharp. Lots...
  13. R

11/0 VMC Octopus hooks

they can't carry something that's no longer offered from VMC. Your best bet is to try and find old stock somewhere as this hook was discontinued for 2011
  14. R

Ford F-350 4x4's with the V10 gas motor.

driven a 6.0L ford diesel for 280,000km with zero problems. Are the motors trouble free, of course not but lots of them work just fine.
  15. R

John Dunvan on youtube

since he is so loved here, I thought you might all enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7NTDk2Eegk
  16. R

Biat ban on the Stamp/ Somass for winter steelhead season starting April 1/2011

Nog I just picked up a copy of the new 2011-2013 regs and all the changes are hilighted in blue. When I turned to the Stamp river regs on page #20 it reads ""Bait may ONLY be used Spet 15-Oct 31 (dates in blue) BELOW signs at "Girl Guides Falls" "". The Somass reads "Bait may ONLY be used Sept...
  17. R

Biat ban on the Stamp/ Somass for winter steelhead season starting April 1/2011

reading the new regualtions, I see bait can now be legally used below the "girl guide falls" only from Sept.15 to Oct.31. Looks like it's now banned for winter fish. It still can be used on the Sproat river for the winter season though.
  18. R

interesting take on the Halibut fishery

not too sure if this has already been posted or not but you have to like larry Kinng http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/11217935/
  19. R

Official DFO Rec. Halibut Quota Transfer License

this is pretty good. Had some good fun with it so far.
  20. R

Cowichan

I am getting my info fresh off of the river. Any else get check by the DFO woman? She was borderline out of control.
Back