Search results

1. F

2022 Tuna Adventures

That’s a bummer you didn’t get out. I had canceled a tuna trip for Saturday. The problem being that I was needed to commit to a mediocre weather forecast two days out. I personally make my weather calls in the morning of my outings. If weather is acceptable we go but if not we don’t. To call a...
  2. F

Aquaculture; improving????

Where does the enumeration of 300 Chinook come from? Are there any formal counts done and on which streams?
  3. F

The Pacific Ocean is so acidic that it's dissolving Dungeness crabs' shells

This is another report that does jump to the conclusion that atmospheric co2 is causing acidification of the oceans. The report like every other OA report doesn't mention freshwaters or precipitation being acidified. That is because FW and precipitation has been on a rising pH trend for the last...
  4. F

I don't think you are understanding the question I am asking! Lets try this one instead. In the following graph would you say the ocean pH is increasing over time or decreasing over time at the LaPush bouy? This question seems to be troubling some people. Maybe the Agent can share his prospective.
  5. F

You say, " CO2 is the big factor to influence seawater due to the vast surface contact and exchange rate". Do you mean the exchange rate in sea water would be greater than it would be in airborne water vapor?
  6. F

volcanic pollution vs man made polution

They have been much higher before the all bad man came to the scene...
  7. F

volcanic pollution vs man made polution

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=14&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi28pLBisrnAhV6HDQIHepzB8oQFjANegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftallbloke.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F11%2F07%2Fdiscovery-of-massive-volcanic-co2-emissions-puts-damper-on-global-warming-theory%2F&usg=AOvVaw1ADcxRiZjx5pt...
  8. F

I would be happy to but on another thread. My comment to Chris about volcanic influence was to halt him from quoting me incorrectly. This thread is about ocean acidification. Lets just keep this thread on track. I will try this again: Basic chemistry says high alkaline water like ocean water...
  9. F

Basic chemistry says high alkaline water like ocean water 125ppm resist change to pH far greater than water with no alkalinity like precipitation does it not? With such a minuscule change showing in the precipitation then there would be no noticeable change to the oceans when considering volume...
  10. F

I have no problem seeing the color change from pH 5 which is orange-pH 5.5 which is amber-pH6 which is yellow etc... My color recognition is fine. The Saturna island reports indicate the rain pH was averaging in the mid 4's pH and going as low as 3.4pH at times in the mid 1990's. That is 10-100...
  11. F

I forgot to mention thank you for the respectful interaction. Lets keep this discussion going. I know there is truth out there somewhere but for me it will take UNBIASED FACTS to convince me co2 is ruining the world and not hype from environmental activism.
  12. F

I am curious as to how the co2 reacts differently to precipitation than sea water? Can you please explain a little better? Here is one of the many links to chemistry demonstration with co2 reacting with water. Just like precipitation would be the demonstration uses pure water. Just like many...
  13. F

I already know what caused the extreme acid rain in the past. It is obvious that the decrease in sulphate and nitrogen is why the rain is not as acidic as back in the 1990’s. I did not see any explanation as to how the week carbonic acid has the ability to acidify the oceans but not the less...
  14. F

Attached is a rain chemistry report which does list some of the other elements contributing to precipitation pH. Not sure if you looked at the video I posted? The Saturna island reports does also list other elements and concentrations which would effect pH. I by no way dispute the fact of co2...
  15. F

Where did everyone go here? I mention a fact proving that atmospheric co2 can not be acidifying the oceans. A few people respond by attempting to discredit me but do not respond to the substance of my research. I then provided the link which validates my comments and now there is a disappearing...
  16. F

Herring roe fishery

Never under estimate the tenacious hate and heartlessness that keyboard activists exhibit while pretending to be respectable Canadian citizens. While hiding behind their screens they can comfortably rally and solicit hate and discontent for every Canadian citizen who works in a resource based...
  17. F

Interesting you say that. Attached is a link to the home video of a citizen scientist's research material. Lets see if others can restrain from attacking the reporter and discuss the substance of the material? Have a laugh on me.
  18. F

Glad some people who are educated about chemistry have now arrived on the scene. Are they going to answer the questions or just attempt to discredit and belittle others? How complicated are these questions? Either you know or down know. Which is it? Just so the people with only middle...
Back