Search results

1. B

2019 Campbell River Reports

This is a prime example of DFO politics. This was never intended as a RCA. It was brought about because the Commercial fishers complained that if the could not fish that area, the Recreational fishers should not be able to. Looks like they quietly changed the rules so Commercial could and...
  2. B

A number of years back the Recreational Fishers were allowed to fish in Deepwater Bay inside the boundary. The Commercial Fishers were not. They brought pressure on D.O.F. and the Boundary was changed and the Recreational fishers were not allowed to fish as were the Commercial Fishers. Please...
  3. B

Juvenile Sablefish in Discovery Passage

When the Ebb tide flows at Stewart Island, they get pushed from the depths and the Eagles feed on them. It is a sight to see.
  4. B

Wanting Lyman Lures

I thought this thread was about obtaining Lyman Lures. Not anything other than that.
  5. B

Read the above post again.
  6. B

Commercial not allowed inside boundary. Probably native or Fisheries.
  7. B

Years ago, we mooched them at Deep Water on the wall. Also at Seperation , Racpoint. Once in a while at Copper Buffs. 4' cut plug. 30 - 50 ft.
  8. B

Campbell River Chinook Retentsion

All fish species belong to the people of Canada for their usage. Not just one group of people.
  9. B

When did the dept of fisheries start managing fish stocks? They used their power to maintain and grow the commercial fishery. The fisheries they managed are all in trouble. Halibut, cod, clams, salmon, goeducks, the east coast fisheries, etc.
  10. B

If you are going to post a fishing regulation, post the actual notice.
  11. B

WHY,WHY is this happening The return of wild Chinook might be 500 tops this year. Historically there was 3500 to 5000 wild Chinook in the Campbell. The Chinook of 2019 are hatchery stock. So allowing the retention of non marked fish puts the last remaining of the wild stock at risk. Don't object...
  12. B

Where is the DFO notice of this. Most Chinook returning to the Campbell River are of hatchery origin. Why they would allow harvest of wild Chinook is insanity. One more reason to mark all hatchery stock.
  13. B

Steelhead-Post Your Pictures Here

Those of you that think that a hero shot of a fish that is beached is proper, should be ashamed of yourself. Not properly handling fish is the same as poaching. I was involved in a C&R study by DFO a few years back. They used treble hooks, single hooks and all barbless. The result was that the...
  14. B

Steelhead-Post Your Pictures Here

You do not release fish after they have been pulled up on the shore, fish thrash about when they touch the shore. If you claim they did not bash about, then you played that fish to long. Wake up, if you are really concerned about the fish, release them properly.
  15. B

Another RH sank

May not have been his boat when it sunk. He may have purchased on a insurance claim, as previously mentioned.
  16. B

Hardy Longstone Reels

I will send pictures to an email address. Please acknowledge receipt of same.
  17. B

Hardy Longstone Reels

Send an email address
  18. B

Hardy Longstone Reels

Longstone reels. Good used shape. $200.00 each.
  19. B

Campbell River Pinks

Lots jumping and lots being caught. Silver fresh.
  20. B

I ate dogfish

I have been told that the Brits use them in fish and chips.
Back