Search results

1. C

2024 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Fish were finally at Mistaken again today. Mostly undersized but 2 keepers. Steady action during the morning bite.
  2. C

2024 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Tons of bait and steady undersized @ 200' between spar buoy and Mistaken today. Beauty day on the water.
  3. C

Garlic

We cheat a bit. My wife uses this machine. Usually good results. Excellent on pizza or in salads. We put it on cheese slices too. https://www.amazon.ca/Garlic-Fermenter-Function-Fermention-Kimchi/dp/B07V3V546W?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
  4. C

Garlic

Interesting, we should try to make a bit of that. Have you tried to make black garlic?
  5. C

BNIB 2005 Black Max 8.9 x 9.5 propeller

Never mounted. Asking $60 OBO Nanoose
  6. C

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

While I can't comment the movement of the buoy, it is fairly common for octopus to unscrew bait canisters (scotty). There is usually some evidence of their visit left behind, ie empty prawn shells. Normally only happens if traps have been out for more than a day.
  7. C

Discarding old flares

I thought that was with the Power Squadron. They would not take my non marine flares. It was a few years back.
  8. C

Cuts of meat on sale

For the ones I saw, marbling was no worse than QF. QF trim was better
  9. C

Cuts of meat on sale

New flyers out tomorrow. Could be some deals, but QF AAA @ $13/lb might be hard to beat these days.
  10. C

Making Bacon

Ready for the slicer!
  11. C

Cuts of meat on sale

QF has AAA prime rib on for $12.99/lb. Getting better!
  12. C

Boat Insurance Policy Change BC

I've been with them a few years too. Since my boat is out of the water in the winter I got a better rate. Local company wouldn't entertain the idea of reduced risk.
  13. C

Cuts of meat on sale

Here's the actual price before discount
  14. C

Cuts of meat on sale

I believe it works out to about $13.80/lb
  15. C

What's for dinner tonight ?

Here's a example of the prawns I was catching in the Broughton's one year long ago. Never found any like that again after that trip.
  16. C

First time smoking salmon

"Consistency is all in how you dry then smoke it." I totally concur with this statement
  17. C

Mixed Gear for sale

Thanks, thanks, and thanks Deryk Great deal!
  18. C

Best smoker's

I have both the non digital and digital Bradley's. I run a separate temperature monitor when doing hot smoking as I have found it not particularly accurate. The device has graphing and it shows large swings when it cycles on and off. At least on my machine.
Back