Search results

1. gungadin

Fisheries fines from yesterday. No names no pack drills

FFA 78 a Rivers Inlet BC FFA 78 a Rivers Inlet BC FFA 78 a Rivers Inlet BC FFA 78 a Rivers Inlet BC FFA 78 a Richmond BC FFA 78 a For Files Appearing on 02-FEB-2023 Fine $21,500.00 Due date: 02-FEB-2028 Fine $22,500.00 Due date: 02-FEB-2028 SOP 44,000$
  2. gungadin

Scotty 1099 (two belt) Electric Downrigger base replaced with Scotty Depthpower (one belt) base.

Got a steal of a deal on a couple of older 2 belt down riggers. Both have the extendable boom. Both booms were bent and the PO had used wire, so both the pulleys and the line guides were badly grooved and require replacement for use with braid. Now about 8 years ago I replaced my 30 inch booms...
  3. gungadin

Broken Key in 703 ignition switch

Friend leaned against ignition key and snapped it off (again) in switch. Worked if you used the broken section of the key, but of course now anyone could start the engine. Cut a short section off a scroll saw blade and managed to hook it out. If this happens to you you need to remove the small...
  4. gungadin

Rubber trailer Brake line.

I recently posted in another thread that I was installing a set of Kodiak disc brakes on a friends trailer. Well I started on it today, and of course there is a hitch. The disc brake set up he has on there is a Tie Down system and of course the brake line fittings are not compatible at the...
  5. gungadin

$500,000 fine

https://www.provincialcourt.bc.ca/judgments.php?link=https://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcpc/doc/2021/2021bcpc283/2021bcpc283.html
  6. gungadin

Remember those fellows a couple of years ago overfishing in Nootka.

I think they had that big black boat, no licences, etc. Well they were found guilty and are up for sentancing shortly. Campbell_River_Law_Court_Provincial.pdf (gov.bc.ca). Hope the judge has a very heavy book to throw at them.
  7. gungadin

ISO Yamaha 8hp high Thrust leg

I am looking for a gearcase assembly for a 2005 Yamaha 8hp 4stroke. It is the high thrust model with the long shaft. A few notable things. The shaft from the top of the waterpump housing to the end of the splines that go into the head is 21 and ¾” long +/_. The diameter of the splines is as...
  8. gungadin

I need a few of these lures.

Last year I took my grandson out fishing, initially for salmon but later for ling cod. His dad and I could catch nothing with what we considered proven lures. He caught all the fish with this lure. Any body have an idea what it is?
  9. gungadin

Trailer bunk style guide ons

Does anyone here have bunk guide ons, not the tube type but the board type. I see them mounted near the back of the trailer to help centre the boat on the trailer. In rougher water (waves coming on shore} I sometimes need a few trys to get the boat centred, and was hoping this setup would help...
  10. gungadin

Yamaha Side mount control, no fast idle.

Shifts fine, throttles up when put in gear, but no fast idle in neutral. Not familiar with how to dismantle to get a look inside, and it is not my boat, so don't want to rip and snort too much. Do you have to dismount assembly to get at internals, or can you disassemble in situ. Any good...
  11. gungadin

Evinrude building electric outboards??

Apparently Evinrude is continuing with a new line of "outboards" that won't be outwardly visible. It seems you will only be able to get it in a package with a new boat, either on a pontoon or aluminium boat. No buying to install on your own boat. How can they put an outboard "as we visulise it...
  12. gungadin

Need a new fuel tank

Well, my fishing partners fuel tank has developed a leak over winter. Time for a replacement. I will pull the tank next week after he drops the boat off. Are there any recommendations as to can can build a quality aluminium tank. We both live in the Campbell River area, but anywhere on the...
  13. gungadin

Mink for flies

So my better half says that since we are not supposed to go out into the real world, (COVID)we had better clean up some old trunks in the basement. Ok so she found a mink half jacket from probably the 40's, used to belong to a great aunt i think. Question any good for making flies, or just...
  14. gungadin

Gluing rater then sewing vinyl

I flush mounted some electronics into my side console over the winter, however now I fear I will need to ensure that rainwater will not leak past the sealant I put on. I would like to build a cover for them out of waterproof vinyl. My sewing abilities are not up to par for doing the seams etc...
  15. gungadin

WANTED: Scotty 3131 Swivel Mount Lock(s)

Need one or more to finish my latest modifications to my little boat. Can't seem to buy them anymore, was hoping someone might have one that is surplus to their requirements I live in Campbell River.
  16. gungadin

Scotty Riser.

After doing some modifications to my side console, I find I need to install a downrigger riser (Scotty 2606) in order for the rigger motor to clear the modifications I made. I intend to continue to use the swivel mount (Scotty 1026), but don't know if I should mount the swivel mount then the...
  17. gungadin

Another guilty POACHER

Another individual fined for fisheries violations. In Campbell River yesterday: Individual was fined a total of $5000.00 and forfitures for various fisheries offencies. Details here...
  18. gungadin

Aftermarket Faria Tachometer wiring??

Last year I installed a “tiny tach” on a 50hp tiller operated 2015 Yamaha outboard. Because it was an inductive tachometer it was a simple install. I have found though that although it is accurate at higher rpm is jumps around a lot at idle and anything below about 2000 rpm. This year I am...
  19. gungadin

Lowrance LCX-25c and LGC-2000 Questions

Background First I am presently using a Lowrance HDS 5 gen 1 depth sounder and a Garmin hand held GPS on my boat. I just acquired another depthsounder/GPS combo, a Lowrance LCX-25c. It came with everything, maps, cables, transducer, wiring and a GPS module, a LGC-2000. I hooked everything up...
  20. gungadin

Check your bilge pumps

Up to 50mm of rain on its way, don't want to read about at dock sinkings tomorrow. Bilge pumps and self bailing exits to check
Back