Search results

1. G

Halibut Rod and Reel combos located in North Vancouver. SOLD

Asking $200 for both. Alvey 9 inch diameter reels spooled with 300 yd of 85 lb test braid. Mounted on 2 meter long stiff rods. These reels have taken many halibut and are built like tanks. North Vancouver.
  2. G

5 - 2 lb. hali weights North Vancouver

$15 for all 5. 250 882 3171
  3. G

Fishing Lodge motors/hours

Hi, does anyone know how long most lodges will run their main motors (100 horse+) before they will trade them off?
  4. G

Need a place to rent to park/store my boat in North or West Vancouver

Hi, like the title says I desperately need a spot for my boat. It is a 17 foot Double Eagle on the trailer it measures out at just under 21 feet. Looking for a secure spot. Thanks, Gerry
  5. G

Coho Oct. 1st

Hi, can anyone confirm if the regulations regarding coho change as usual on October 1st? I have been unable to find anything out on the DFO site. Thanks
  6. G

Scotty Strong Arm manual down rigger

Asking $80. Inch and a quarter boom 30 inches long. Good wire and terminal gear. Located in Victoria. Rod holder on the boom. Thanks.
  7. G

Wanted 2 (or one) Scotty 1026 swivel bases

Hi need a couple of Scotty swivel bases and would prefer not to have to purchase new ones. Thanks, Gerry
  8. G

Who Is Hali Fishing Tomorrow?

In the conservation forum it has been posted that Hali season opens tomorrow. Sounds too good to be true but the notice is posted.
  9. G

non Canadian license question

Hi guys, I am going to be taking a friend from Mexico fishing. If he gets a five day license does that mean 5 consecutive days? I did try figuring this out on the DFO website but no luck. Thanks
  10. G

Scotty manual down rigger and tilt base

NEW PRICE $90. Scotty manual down rigger, 30 inch boom, cable and tilt base, in very good condition. Located in Victoria. 250 881-7723
  11. G

Replacing leaf springs

Hi all. A friend of mine is going to be replacing his bearings, and hubs on his boat trailer. He is also thinking about doing the leaf springs. Do you think that the boat would have to be off of the trailer in order to do that? His trailer fits his 17 foot boat. Thanks for any advice.
  12. G

How to loosen engine cover lock lever

Hi guys, I have a Honda BF75. The engine cover lock lever is really really hard to move. I have taken out the bolt from the inside thinking that might loosen it up. Well it hasn't. What should I try next?
  13. G

Reading charts for halibut

Hi guys, I have often heard that you should check your charts and look for specific types of bottom for halibut. I have the standard paper charts. I can't see how you tell what the bottom is from those charts. I can tell depth and contour but not whether it is gravel or whatever. What am I...
  14. G

Fishing Guide Convicted and Fined?

As I was driving to work this morning I heard on CBC radio news that a BC fishing guide was fined $15,000 for using barbed hooks and keeping oversize salmon. They provided the guides name, but I won't repeat it as I am not sure that I would get it right. I can't find anymore about this story...
  15. G

Looks like slot restrictions are here

Just checked out dfo's website and much to my surprise see slot restrictions for springs are in place until June 17th. At least we have hali to fish for, but who knows for how long.
  16. G

Moderators, what is up what the time shown on the posts??

It is 5:15 pm, I just posted a reply and it is up as being 1:15 a.m??!? No wonder I feel so tired most of the time
  17. G

smoked salmon for sale??

Some guy in Oak Bay is advertising smoked sockeye on Used Victoria for $20 a half. http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Smoked-Sockeye-Salmon-_13684779 Correct me if I am wrong (often happens ) but I thoght that this was illegal??
  18. G

6 vs 8 horse kicker

I have a 17' boat. I have an 8 horse Honda 4 stroke, but don't really like it. I have an opportunity to buy a 6 horse Yamaha 4 stroke. Is the 6 horse a good choice in terms of power?
  19. G

Big Wave Dave and wind question

Hi guys. I often fish out of Beecher Bay. I usually check BWD for wind predictions and look at Gordons Beach and also Jordan River to give me a sense of what to expect. What I don't understand is how those two spots are fairly close together but often have different wind predictions I.E...
  20. G

Help Save BigWaveDave

I first found out about BigWaveDave from this site a couple of years ago and have used it heavily to help me plan my fishing trips ever since. For those of you that know it, you know that it is an excellent source for wind forecasts for most of the west coast. On the BigWaveDave site a thread...
Back