Search results

1. Orion

Toba inlet

Just wondering if anyone has been doing any fishing in the area around toba. I was up there last weekend and lost a dandy right at the boat. We were the only boat fishing that we saw. Heading back up Sunday morning hopefully.
  2. Orion

ZurTro spoons

I just received my order of ZurTro spoons in the mail yesterday and am going to get them wet tonight after work. Just want to know if the guys that are using them are running them with the same length leaders as coyote. I haven't actually done a side by side comparison but they do seem heavier...
  3. Orion

Bottom paint

I've got a Bayliner 1952 and am dropping it in the harbour for the summer but want to paint the bottom. Just wondering what you guys could suggest. What works and any suggestions on applying it. Thanks Orion
  4. Orion

Hook size for coyote spoons

I have a few coyote spoons with rusty hooks that I would like to replace. What are you guys using for hooks. Size and type would be great. Thanks Orion
  5. Orion

Airbrush paint

Just wondering what guys are using for airbrush paint for their spoons. And also the best place to find it? Thanks Orion
  6. Orion

Am/fm/VHF splitters

Anyone have any info on the Shakespeare antenna splitters? Curious if there is any interference between the VHF and radio? I don't realy want add another antenna to the boat if I don't have to and this would save me from having to put more holes in my boat. Thanks Dave
  7. Orion

Abby outdoor and sportsmen show

Anyone heading out that way this weeken? I'm heading to the city tomorrow, will spend part of the day wondering around steveston, then spend Saturday at the show.
  8. Orion

Kicker size

Hey guys just was wondering what size kicker would be good for my boat. It's a 1952 Bayliner with a drop down kicker bracket. I'm thinking 8 hp 4 stroke high thrust. But am unsure as to shaft length. Any info would be great. Thanks
  9. Orion

Dicks last resort info

Anyone have any info on dicks last resort in winter harbour. I'm thinking about taking a trip up that way this summer. Anyone have any info on places to fish, gear that has worked in the past, stuff like that. I'd like to go after Hali and salmon. Thanks guys
  10. Orion

Rigger rods

What are you guys running for trolling rods? I have been using my Berkley roughnech with a penn gti320. I would love to upgrade to an islander but can't afford it. I like the lenth of the roughneck and the feel of it is great, I love seeing the rod bend when you hit a big one. I need a second...
  11. Orion

lowrance elite 5

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this unit. I'm looking for a gps unit for my new boat and this one was suggested by the salesmen at my local marine store. If someone has a better option let me know. I like the idea of the fishfinder/gps in one unit because its not a big dash and...
Back