Search results

1. R

62 Litre Lifetimer Aluminum Saddle Tanks

$850 For Both Tanks Each Tank is 62 Litres They are pressure tested Marine Grade Aluminum Measurements 59.5" Long 13" Tall Top Width 7.5" Bottom With 3 3/4" I bought these for my boat from the original owner whose boat was beyond repair and never had them installed. There...
  2. R

Wanted: Saddle tanks

My 21' Double Eagle has a steel fuel tank that is showing signs of wear. Does anyone know of... or have an aluminum saddle fuel tank for a 21' Double Eagle they would part with for a reasonable price? I would take the set if you have them both. Thanks
  3. R

Aftermarket Power Trim for Kicker

Well said Rockfish, Just ordered my Panther Model 40 from Amazon.ca for $714.00 after tax and freight. Will be here next week. :)
  4. R

I agree Wolf, I'm not leaning over the back to tilt up a kicker when it gets rough. 9 years is a long time with how much you use your boat. I'll keep everyone posted with what I go with.
  5. R

Just called trotac. $830.00 plus tax..... yeeash. Panther Model 35. Any used ones out there?
  6. R

Thanks Wolf, I called Cabelas locally and was informed I would need to order from the US. I was hoping I can get it from a local dealer.
  7. R

Hello all. Boat is almost done and ready to go. New pod. Main motor installed. But...... my kicker doesn't have power tilt and it's a real hassel leaning over the back to tilt my kicker up and down. Does anyone run a/m power kicker tilt? I've been reading about the Panther model 35/40 and it...
  8. R

Early Spring Flyfishing

So, sad.... I won't give up... hey if someone can pm me directions to tadgess..can't remember spelling... that would be great. I searched for over an hour with no luck. I've been there 10 times over the years.
  9. R

Marine vinyl flooring, opinions

My buddy put the Vinyl Plank down (thick stuff) $6 -$10 Sqft, in his boat 5 years ago. It still looks mint. Glue down one plank at a time, wood grain look. I'm going to be doing the same.
  10. R

Mercury Optimax Oil

Last week I bought 12 litres of the DEF version of the oil. I haven't cracked the seal and wanted to hear from you guys before I switched over, or if I even needed to. I also bought it in bulk. Sea trial will be early next week... :)
  11. R

Mercury Optimax Oil

I have recently purchased a Optimax 150. The oil reservoir was filled with mercury 2 stroke oil that I used to have in my old Mercury Black Max. What oil do you guys run in your Optimax ?.....And Why... Mercury sells DFI Oil (Brownish color) and the (Blue) thick Mercury 2 stroke oil.
  12. R

Inside mounted transducer

Thnx birdnest. Great post. I was planning on mounting it with the mounting bracket pointing to the bow though. Just like it was mounted to the transom...only inside
  13. R

I'm going to go the epoxy route..slow cure..no bubbles. I paid extra to upgrade the transducer with the system and like I said it has a powerful "snap" to it. I will post pictures of the install and let you all know how the sea trial goes. I would have a way cleaner system with the ducer...
  14. R

Seastar and Ultraflex

Thanks wolf that was exactly what i needed to read, cheers! Fishnzinn yes, rear helm tied into the same system is how I'm doing it.. just like your picture. I agree the ratio should be the only difference that matters. I'm having all my hoses made at the local hydraulic shop w/stainless ends...
  15. R

Seastar and Ultraflex

I have just setup a complete Sea star steering system on the boat. I would like to add a steering wheel to the back of the boat... so... I bought a new Ultraflex helm for a great price. I'm suddenly a little uncertain about mixing the two helm manufactures ... but hey, hydraulics is...
  16. R

Early Spring Flyfishing

Hello All, I just bought a 9' Pontoon boat and took it up to Pete's Pond on Sunday. It looks as if the Ice has been off for a little while. I didn't see a single fish surface the whole day I was there. I tried top water still..top water troll... sinking line slow and fast.. Nothing I've...
  17. R

Hey great idea's... Delray that's super interesting! I was hoping someone who had used one that was meant for the outside transom would chime in on installing inside :) Silicone eh? Nice!
  18. R

Thank you for the ideas. Yes, I've read about the bag of sand and the bag of water and trying different spots. I understand I could weld a bracket on my pod and attach the transducer to it but I was hoping to keep it dead clean back there without all the extra wires. I have a super clean spot...
  19. R

Hello everyone :) I just podded the boat and don't want to drill anymore holes in the transom. I was toying with the idea of mounting my factory 50/200 Lowrance transducer in the old engine well. The Lowrance transducer has one heck of an audible "snap" to it so I can only assume it would...
Back