Search results

1. Highliner

OBMG Fat Cat Boats?

Anyone know the make of these "fat cat' boats used by Oak Bay Marine Group? I saw one today and I kinda like it. It almost looked like an aluminum hull with a fibreglass liner.
  2. Highliner

WANTED: 18-23 ft Aluminum boat with Hard Top

Hey fellas, I'm looking for leads on a good quality welded aluminum boat for a friend. He's looking for a no fuss, easy to trailer boat in the 18-23 foot range with a hard top for year-round fishing. Prefers single outboard power. Budget is in the $35-$45k range. Preferred builds would...
  3. Highliner

Liquid Metal Marine?

Does anyone know if Liquid Metal Marine in Sidney has gone under? I'm curious. All of a sudden they have zero presence online.
  4. Highliner

Insane Killer Whale Footage

I came across this on Facebook today. Pretty crazy footage. Thought most would enjoy. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201184930044584
  5. Highliner

Crimping Advice for Halibut Leaders

I'm getting tired of trying to tie nice knots with 80 mono for my halibut leaders. I'm thinking that crimping may be the way to go for halibut rigs. Any tips or advice on where to buy the necessary crimpers and sleeves (and which sleeves work best)? Seems like the price of some crimpers is...
  6. Highliner

Need Help with Remote Throttle Placement for Yamaha Kicker - Bayliner Ciera 2295

Hey gents, I was asked by a friend for some ideas on the placement of the remote throttle for his new Yamaha kicker. The guys installing the motor said that he should mount it on the angled fibreglass directly above his main throttle. But the problem, aside from looking ridiculous and out of...
  7. Highliner

Plug Poll - To Pull the Pin or Not?

What is your preference, to pull the pin on your plugs or to use the tow-bar? Has anyone ruined any plugs by pulling the pin?
  8. Highliner

Private Accommodations with Moorage - Barkley Sound

Hey gents, Is anyone aware of any private cabins or floating cabins available for rent anywhere in Barkley sound? Thought it might be fun to try to stay somewhere new for a change. Thanks.
  9. Highliner

Vacuum Packer Recommendations

My Foodsaver is a piece of junk and has been a constant disappointment. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a vacuum packer? Thanks.
  10. Highliner

Best Bottom for Halibut?

Hey guys, I'm trying to identify some new halibut spots to try out and I'm wondering if there are any unwritten rules with regard to the type of bottom i should be searching for to find the big flatties. I've identified a few spots that look promising to me but they are all different types of...
  11. Highliner

Lefthanded levelwind Reel for Halibut Fishing?

Hey gents, I'm a right hander who prefers to reel with my left. I guess I like holding my rod with my stronger hand (no jokes please:D). I use an MR3 set-up lefty for salmon and I'm currently using a Shimano TLD 20 on my hali rod. But, I find it kind of awkward to use. Just wondering if...
  12. Highliner

PFD Recommendations

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm not having any luck finding these threads using the search function. I'm looking for feedback on inflatable pfds. I'm thinking about getting the Mustang MD3153 Hydrostatic model...
  13. Highliner

Screw holes in fiberglass

Hey gents, I've got a small fiberglass tender which has wood planks for seats. I noticed that a couple the boards are a bit lose. Is there an easy fix to tighten up those screws? I was thinking I could just fill the holes with something to hold the screws more securely. What should I...
  14. Highliner

Ice in Victoria / Sidney

Does anyone know of a good source of ice in Victoria or Sidney? I have an XL cooler that needs filling. Any salt ice?
  15. Highliner

Tapatalk Compatibility

To the moderators, do you know if the forum works, or is enabled for the Tapatalk app for iPhone? It looks like a great way to access the forum on my phone, but I can't seem to find the forum using this app. It works with vBulletin but needs to be enabled. Any help would be great. Thanks.
  16. Highliner

Camping in Bamfield

Hey Fellas, I'm looking for feedback on camping in Bamfield. We'd like to be a bit closer than Poet Nook. I've never stayed at Island Fish Camp or Seebeem. What about Centennial Park Campground? Is there ice and or freezers available at any of these places? Any advice or input...
  17. Highliner

"The Lodge" WFN

Has anyone found a place online to watch WFN's The Lodge online? I watched all of season 1 online, but can only find trailers for season 2 episodes. Thanks.
  18. Highliner

Pleasure Craft Operartor Card

My wife bought me the course (but I already did it a couple of years ago). I will provide the code you need to access all of the course material and to take the exam online. The regular price is $50. Make me an offer. Highliner www.salmonboats.ca
  19. Highliner

Ice

Does anyone know of an easy place in Victoria or Sidney to fill a really big cooler with ice? Highliner www.salmonboats.ca
  20. Highliner

WTB - Halibut Rod & Reel - Good Shape

I'm looking for a decent halibut rod and reel in good shape. If you've got something I should look at then please shoot me an email at david(at)donnellyadvisors.com. Located in Victoria. Highliner www.salmonboats.ca
Back