Search results

1. B

2005 Yamaha F225

Hey I might be interested in the power head. I have a 2005 that needs some work. How can I get in touch?
  2. B

Looks Like Captain Downriggins is Kaput

Ha ha ha ha ha....good one lips.
  3. B

Alaska's Little White Lie

Food for thought. http://protestingtheprotesters.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/alaskas-little-white-lie/
  4. B

Hatchery Fish A Threat To Wild Salmon

14 May, 2012 - A new collection of more than 20 studies by leading university scientists and government fisheries researchers in Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, California, Russia and Japan provides evidence that salmon raised in man-made hatcheries can harm wild salmon through...
  5. B

Another Commercial Opening for Chinooks On WCVI

Does anytone else find this strange? A commercial fishery just ended this week on the west coast of Vancouver Island for Chinooks and from what I hear they took 10 000 fish. No sooner does that end do they announce another opening starting May 1st for even more fish. I assume they are targetting...
  6. B

Hell to pay for letting ISA virus into the Pacific

You mean the evidence that says sea lice is not a problem, the evidence that says that the virus could be caused by antibiotics and diseases being dumped into the Fraser from humans?
  7. B

That is a correction from the Times Colonist not me Guns. Just printing the retraction that the paper had to print after it was discovered the Mr Reid made the whole thing up.
  8. B

It's all great headlines but it is also all lies. Sorry Corrections Times Colonist September 7, 2011 Tweet B.C. FARMED SALMON NOT POSITIVE FOR VIRUS The infectious salmon anaemia virus (ISAV) has never been found in a test of farmed salmon in British Columbia. More than 4,700 tests...
  9. B

Port Renfrew Reports -- Spring and Summer 2011

Thanks Ned. Still working J buoy? As for hootchies any particular colour?
  10. B

This just might be important!

Or maybe we will just let the "real" scientists" speak. Scientist says fish farms may not affect wild salmon The Canadian Press Posted: Aug 24, 2011 12:47 PM PT Last Updated: Aug 24, 2011 7:43 PM PT Read 102 comments102 Accessibility Links Related Story ContentStory Sharing ToolsShare with...
  11. B

Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Pro here is a quote that helped me when I lost my shepherd to cancer a few years ago. "Be thankful that dogs live such short lives for imagine your grief if they lived twice that long".
  12. B

Rec closure for halibut............

Good luck with that holmes. With Halibut selling at near record prices for the last few years most halibut fishermen have deep pockets. They will fight you endlessly because the (public) resource is worth so much. Not saying they are the enemy because they are just businessmen and want to make a...
  13. B

Port Renfrew Reports -- Spring and Summer 2011

Was a bit slower but consistent for us on Saturday, did not fish Sunday. Overall fish were further west, mostly around Walbran. Bite came on a bit later and continued for awhile, we got 3 but saw many boats that did better than us. Overall this is some of the best fishing I have ever seen in...
  14. B

Tofino and Ucluelet Outlook and Reports 2011

Fishing was extremely good when the weather co operated. Nasty on Friday could not get out far. Saturday and Sunday were non stop action with most fish in the high teens but a few mid to high 20's.
  15. B

2009 Fraser Sockeye & State of the Ocean

I guess that sea of sockeye that Alexandra said was extinct due to farming is not enough evidence for you. How about all those pinks Alexandra said would be extinct due to farming? I believe they are having record runs again this year (2 in a row). You were right about one thing, what comes...
  16. B

More Media Seeing the Light.....The Province

London England as well. Thunderer: Answer this: who benefits from the salmon scare?By Magnus Linklater This is the true story of the salmon scare which threatened last weekend to bring British salmon farming to its knees. It is a sorry saga of flawed science, selective research and hidden...
  17. B

I don't own a farm I just believe that all these anti salmon farmers are nothing more than lobby groups for the Alaskan industry. I dont think I will be eating crow any time soon although I think both Little Hawk and Charlie are coughing up enough black feathers to fill a mattress.
  18. B

More Media Seeing the Light.....The Province

Salmon runs, global warming as clear as mud Fish farms can no longer be linked to sockeye's demise By Jon Ferry, The Province September 8, 2010 6:54 AM Comments (4) •Story•Photos ( 1 ) Province metro affairs columnist Jon Ferry Photograph by: File photo, The ProvinceYesterday's...
  19. B

Sorry I stand corrected 34 million reasons and counting. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.....
  20. B

Globe & Mail Article Exposing Alexandra Morton

Finally the media is figuring out that the anti fish farmers are full of hot air. In B.C., there’s something almost sacred about salmon. So when the salmon runs started to dwindle, the blame game began in earnest. The disastrous decline in salmon stocks has been blamed on everything from...
Back