Search results

1. victoriaboater

Taking DFO to Court

Hi Everyone This is a repost of information sent out by the Port Renfrew Chamber of commerce. Probably just as important as actual cash is the number of people willing to donate. So even if you only donate 1$ it adds weight. see below... ----------------- Hi Friends, Link to campaign...
  2. victoriaboater

Mystery of dead sturgeon in northern B.C. have scientists asking for help

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/river-mystery-what-is-killing-the-giant-sturgeon-of-b-c-s-nechako-river-1.6064041
  3. victoriaboater

SG Power Closing in Victoria

Well i have a new main engine i ordered almost 2 months ago from them. Hope i don't get impacted: (
  4. victoriaboater

Lowrance 3G Radar issue

Mine is now off bring checked out by Lowrance. Fingers crossed...
  5. victoriaboater

Lowrance 3G Radar issue

I'm going through this too. Mine sat for a winter and now wont come back on. There is some trouble shooting you can do. troubleshooting
  6. victoriaboater

2017 Port Renfrew Reports

Spent the day looking for Coho yesterday. Hoked into 2 real fish and lost them both. Lots of shakers! And while we didn't have Chris73 on board to jug up another 20lb Spring we did manage to find this Mackerel (sp) in about 400 feet of water near the surface. Chatter on the radio was there were...
  7. victoriaboater

2017 Sooke Reports

Any reports of Pinks yet? Hoping to get the kids out for some action.
  8. victoriaboater

2017 Consultants Derby July 29, 2017

Things are happening fast and furious for us on the committee. We have lots of great prizes coming! Our raffle tickets are coming soon. This year we'll be set up at Island Outfitters at some point where you can get a chance to win a charter from Outfitters to Port Renfrew including a nights...
  9. victoriaboater

Forum members BOATS

Got an Upgrade. Will respond to Jalopy or Therapy on the VHF.
  10. victoriaboater

Bass Pro for Vancouver

Anyone hear when it might open?
  11. victoriaboater

Sooke2015

Was out from 630am-700pm yesterday. Had some folks here from the interior. Had my best day in Sooke in years. Moring we must have hooked 12 Coho (3 hatch) and 6 springs; kinda average fishing. The odd hook up through mid day, but was generally slow. At around dinner time it lit up We must have...
  12. victoriaboater

Pink Salmon Festival - Aug 23 2015 **Skippers Needed**

Great. Could you send a quick email to pinksalmonfestival@gmail.com with a little bit of information. 1. Which marina you would like to fish from (Jock's Dock, Cheanuh or Pedder Bay) 2. How many kids and chaperones you can take. Then we can touch base and hopefully you will be able to join in...
  13. victoriaboater

Sooke2015

Ill be out sunday with the pink salmon festival. Does anyone have a report on pinks? Are they out in the shipping lanes, in tight, or just passing us by early. Any information for Sunday would be a big help. Also they are looking for a few volunteer skippers at last minute. Have a look here if...
  14. victoriaboater

Pink Salmon Festival - Aug 23 2015 **Skippers Needed**

Hey Fishing Junkies Most of you know me as President of the Consultants Derby but Im here looking for a bit of last minute support for the Pink Salmon Festival. This is a great event that facilitates taking out disadvantaged children out for a few hours of pink salmon fishing. At last minute...
  15. victoriaboater

Constructive comments as to Alpine Derby

Chris/Rollie From one Derby President to another I would like to say you and the crew have done well. There are always things to improve upon and we just have to filter the good from the bad, take criticisms in stride and not take them personally. When feedback is offered say thank you and...
  16. victoriaboater

10th Annual Consultants Invitational Fishing Derby - July 25, 2015

Hey Everyone Just thought I would bump this thread a bit. Our 10th annual is coming up on July 25. We are looking for sponsors (Gold or better gets you minimum 4 tickets), and volunteer skippers (comes with a free ticket and your expenses paid). If your interested please have a look at the...
  17. victoriaboater

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Humpbubble. If its not too much trouble Id love to see a pic of your underwater camera set-up.
  18. victoriaboater

Trans Mountain Pipeline - Another 29 oil tankers per month

Have a look. There are a couple of ways to provide feedback. http://haveyoursayvictoria.com/projects/proposed-increase-in-marine-shipping-activities
  19. victoriaboater

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Like everyone else is saying the fishing was great yesterday Thanks to the hotel ramp crew for installing the fish cleaning table! I would only comment be careful about using the middle cleaning station. There is a big hole right in the middle for you fish to fall through. A pipe from the...
Back