Search results

1. Teja

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Will drop the lines for a couple hours on the way over to Saltspring mid day tomorrow on the ebb. The only question is whether to do a slight detour and try Thrasher before heading to (and thru) Porlier or whether to head straight to Porlier and to only drop the lines there. Curious whether...
  2. Teja

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

We took a detour on the way back from Saltspring yesterday and dropped the lines at Thrasher at 2:30pm and had our 4 keepers shortly before 3:30pm. All pretty lean, but freshly stuffed, with feed and the largest was 75 cm. Lots of bait on the screen. Was fishing with black flashers and trap...
  3. Teja

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

We saw you net that one and not long after that caught it’s twin as a buzzer beater when the much better half and our dog called it game over and I did one final Hail Mary jog of the downrigger that induced the keeper to bite.
  4. Teja

Will be interested to see how many boats decided to head to the South Arm this a.m. … we ran across in the slop to Saltspring this morning and the waves were definitely up in the center of the strait … definitely wasn’t a day to suggest to the much better half that we should drop the lines.
  5. Teja

New wind and wave app

Great app! It appears to be doubling the Georgia Strait and English Bay wave height relative to Environment Canada's readings.
  6. Teja

Two book end 10lb red springs at the Bell Buoy this a.m. and back at the dock by 8am. Both on anchovies at 70 ft. Hindsight … maybe should have gone for a longer ride to find something larger but it’s hard to resist the low fuel burn to the Bell Buoy.
  7. Teja

We bumped into a couple quick keepers late a.m. at Porlier today at which point the first mate/much better half/boss said she wanted to pull the plug before the wind picked up. Dropped the lines at 11am and both were caught on Skinny G’s on bottom. Nothing big … 64cm and 67cm.
  8. Teja

Hope you find a few keepers in the mix … we are going to drop the lines at Porlier on the way back from Saltspring tomorrow a.m.
  9. Teja

x2 ... the braid and mono combo and the FG Knot has been flawless but tying the knot drives me to drink.
  10. Teja

Went for a quick fish at the Cap this a.m. and managed to scrape a 66 cm red spring off bottom before it really started to pour. The dog wasn’t very impressed … she wanted something larger.
  11. Teja

2023 Gulf Island Reports

We fished Tent Island / North Reef for a couple hours early Sunday a.m. and there was a bit of bait but we only managed one good bite that we proceeded to lose. We passed thru Porlier Saturday mid day on the way to Saltspring and Sunday afternoon on the way back to Vancouver and didn't see any...
  12. Teja

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Life was good and life remains good. The last few few years have been interesting but tonight everything returned full circle, The reduction of our fishing rights combined with COVID caused a dramatic change in my fishing activities over the past few years. At first I was angry as the number of...
  13. Teja

From his Twitter feed ... "With the forecast inflow winds for Howe Sound, we decided to hit Gabriola today. It was a good call. Landed 5 legal Chinook to 79 cm, and had a shot at a handful of others. 4” Tomic plug was the hot ticket for the larger fish. All but the biggest were hatchery…too bad...
  14. Teja

Doubleheader outside the bell this a.m. after having a couple pop off and not stick. One at 95 and one at 125 ft, both on skinny g’s.
  15. Teja

It was very good for me first thing at Tunstall today. I managed to box 2 and release one small keeper after losing two, one to Whiskers and one to my own stupidity. I left Tunstall at 930am. Lots of sea life on the way back into Vancouver Harbour … dolphins, a couple transients between the mile...
  16. Teja

I was in Tunstall for a couple hours this a.m. and boxed one spunky little keeper and released a couple that were just undersized. There were two massive and incredibly dense bait balls that were +/- 75 ft to 100ft in height that I passed thru a number of times and that sent the fishing rods...
  17. Teja

Property Assessments

Not at all ... 15 minutes from the boat is undue pain and suffering.
  18. Teja

Property Assessments

The document itself is 67 pages long and while Kershaw receives report writing credits there were over 30 named working group members involved with the report and many more unnamed people involved with it ... while some are very competent and knowledgeable, the challenge is that the majority of...
  19. Teja

Property Assessments

Back on track ... my Vancouver assessment was up only 7.1% (below the Class 1 Residential pool increase so that will dampen the City of Vancouver budget impact on property taxes) but our Gulf Island assessment was up 45% (ouch ... well above the Class 1 Residential pool increase so a healthy...
  20. Teja

Property Assessments

I couldn't agree with you more. It will dramatically change both vehicle traffic (regardless of the Broadway line extension) and use of the public amenities (beaches, Pacific Spirit Park) ... there goes the neighborhood as we know it today. I feel a little hypocritical being NIMBY'istic about it...
Back