Search results

1. walleyes

2021 Kingfisher 2225 Escape HT.

Sold. Thanks everyone for the years of dialogue, enjoyed it and learned a lot. I’m out.
  2. walleyes

Yah you bet I did. Can’t see the top but if want be it pops in and out. But in the couple years I had it it never popped out on me and never lost a flasher out of it traveling on water or being towed.
  3. walleyes

Our focus is changing as a family. This is not easy for me to do but after discussing as a family group at this time we feel with the cost of things it is best. The cost is not an issue for the wife and I but our boys are just starting out and raising families and BC is just pricing themselves...
  4. walleyes

Changes to short term rentals in BC.

So whats up with these new changes in BC regarding short term rentals. How is this going to effect rental place availability, any info on this ? Looks to me like once again more crippling regulations to an already crippled sector.
  5. walleyes

Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

Those look awesome, man thats a nice harvest. None of my hot peppers worked out this year, they didn't even flower. Our garden didn't produce overly well on anything this year other than the root crops as was common in our area this year. Many have said it was do to the heavy smoke we were under...
  6. walleyes

Legendary Mark Pendlington Joins Westcoast Fishing Tackle Pro Staff!

Yup always enjoy Marks stuff. Great ambassador for the area and the sport.
  7. walleyes

Favorite Picture from 2023 fishing season

Ucluelet mornings Little Beach misty morning
  8. walleyes

Canada Banning WD40, Brake Clean, etc.

So I have to chime in. For lube I only use Marvels Mystery Oil, buy it in 1 gallon can and put it in spray jugs so don’t need WD in aerosol anyways so don’t care. Comparing WD to mystery oil is like comparing a pink salmon to a chinook, it will do if thats all there is. Extreme cleaner,, I...
  9. walleyes

Thinking about selling my Hourston

Man,, I wouldn’t sell the boat, that there is a beauty. If its for the family then there is no greater thing to own than a boat for family time. When our boys were growing up and even now with there families some of our most memorable times together have been on the water in our boats. I would...
  10. walleyes

SeaQualizer failure

Everything that enters that water out there has to be cleaned and lubed regularly. Ive had mine since the regulations came out and its never failed. But its often rinsed with fresh water at the end of the day along with everything else in the boat, on the boat and the boat. Also lube it with...
  11. walleyes

2023 Sooke Reports

Not a report per say but Sooke has sure been on my mind this summer and lately. Do miss it there for sure. Darn I wish they would just open the retention back up. Even just the possession limit would be good. The west side is just getting crazy expensive, they are taking full advantage of the...
  12. walleyes

Sept. 2 2023 Salish Sea Salmon Challenge Derby!

Oh,,, took me a while to find the fish in the pic.
  13. walleyes

What's for dinner tonight ?

Fresh Coho, first put on the pellet smoker for about 1/2 then finished on the grill. With a jasmine rice pilaf and fresh carrots from the garden with garlic and butter.
  14. walleyes

Sorting out the Sooke public boat launch options

Its too bad because Andy and his family are darn good peoples, always enjoyed them. Between my parents and then us we stayed their over a span of 26 years. We got to know them very well almost like family. It was disheartened to see the place slowly slide down hill. Andy just isn’t into it and...
  15. walleyes

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Little off topic here but just looking ahead to next year at some vacation rentals. Does anyone know if there is any dock space or slip rentals over on the Port Albion side of Ukee inlet. Thx.
  16. walleyes

Cope build

This wrap sounds interesting any info you can throw a guys way would be appreciated. Awesome looking vessel by the way, shes going to fish great.
  17. walleyes

Sorting out the Sooke public boat launch options

Is Andy not operating anymore Roy or is it just that bad its not worth it anymore.
  18. walleyes

Building boats from Hourston glascraft molds

I geuss we will have to see what the product looks like. If its the same boat that Hurston made with painted plywood interiors dating back to the 60’s then yah sounds pricey but I'm sure they will be modernized and improved on. A 23’ glass boat with todays bells and whistles easily pushes the...
  19. walleyes

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Jump on the boat for a ride along. From our trip, July 29th - Aug 4th. Thanks again Ucluelet, it was awesome.
Back