Search results

1. Bod

Wanted: West Coast Fishing Guide

Looking for a guide for the 2014 summer. West Coast of Vancouver Island at Bamfield, Barkley Sound. Must have TC certifications. Offshore experience an asset. Contact rockypointcharters@shaw.ca Thanks, Ken
  2. Bod

How do you prepare your Tuna

With the amount of Albacore kicking around Bamfield these days I thought I would ask what everyone else does with their Tuna. I've had it raw, grilled, baked, smoked lox, canned, and am about to deep fry some tonight. Sending some to St.Jeans for lox and Indian candy, but looking for more ways...
  3. Bod

Bamfield accomodations for rent

Thought I would put this on here for SFBC members first. This year I have a house for rent in Bamfield. Water front with nine beds total. Dock with cleaning station, fish freezer, etc. Nice place in Port Desire, on the East side that you can drive to. Starting at $325.00 per night, and weekly...
  4. Bod

Fishing Reports

I see on another thread were some guys are asking for more reports. I also see were the guy posting the reports is getting bashed as a spammer. For myself I like to read reports about other parts of the coast, but get tired of all the non report crap that gets posted. maybe the Mods could have a...
  5. Bod

Halibut: Good news

Halibut opened on March 1st. Good news! Not really. It would have been better for me if it opened on Feb. 1st - December 31. 1 per day and 2 possession, Good News! Not really. 2 per day and 3 posssession would have been better. Getting the Rec quota increased to 15%, Good news. Not...
  6. Bod

Bamfield Auto thief caught.

Follow this link: http://www2.canada.com/albernivalleytimes/news/story.html?id=51431a09-a58a-4829-873d-2e53c1cb79b7
  7. Bod

Bamfield Accomodations

Thought I would throw this out there for forum members. Water front accomodation with moorage available July 17,18,19 in Bamfield. Pm me for details.
  8. Bod

Head return info

Just wondering who else got return info and the results. Of thirteen heads that I turned in for June/July only four had tags. All USA bound fish. Largest was a 42 pound 6 year old Wild fish from the Similkameen river, caught at Kirby Point in June.
  9. Bod

Who do you support

It has been said that we are pretty disorganized bunch and we don't have much of a voice to fight DFO. So what should we do? What do you do? I belong to Nicomekl Enhancement Society. A good bunch of volunteers that raise a lot of fish. As I don't live near there anymore and can't help out...
  10. Bod

Blackcod/Sable Fish

I've caught a few unintentionaly when fishing for Halibut, but I have never tried to target them and don't know to much about them. Has anyone done this? Where would you fish? Best bait? I was in three hundred plus feet of water using Hali bellies and Grey cod for bait. www.rockypointcharters.ca
Back