Search results

1. Gong Show

CPAWS

Almost, these group members want to drive around in zodiacs making sure that nobody is bothering the whales, sea lions etc. Drives me insane when I see whales and turn off engines and sounders to float around and watch them, within ten minutes some hippies in a zodiac with a flag will roar over...
  2. Gong Show

Hating on Alaskans?

So they lowered the boom on the sporties, what about commie fleets? SE AK commie fleets have always been an issue to all other harvesters south of them.
  3. Gong Show

C Numbers, Stability Test & Insurance

Divers can be hard on your boat. You want stout aluminum. I used to dive to 100 m off my aluminum gillnetter, lots of lead weights and aluminum tanks. Good thing it was stout.
  4. Gong Show

Aluminum boat - asking price?

Sell the trailer on the condition they must take the boat on it?
  5. Gong Show

In Hindsight Advice (seeking not giving)

Right on. I hate those tirekickers that do that crap. I give stuff away free instead of dealing with that. I just wanted to sell this stuff at a decent price, not get charged with aggravated assault because of a dumba$$ tirekicker. I find it better to get them to add more gear, if the boat is...
  6. Gong Show

Wanted: Shimano 200 GT Mooching Reel

Thank you @Hardy Guy! A 3000 and 2000 GT both in great shape. Appreciate the service!
  7. Gong Show

For Sale 1992 Commander 30

Similar, missed a half day waiting on VM Dafoe to fly a shaft into Alert Bay. As stated, I am very mechanically inclined. When commercial fishing I did the work and I had a very good machinist to fix what the Renault and Volvo engineers did wrong. Now, I run a desk for the day job and have 2...
  8. Gong Show

We used to run the entire summer, ah, the good old days. Fishing opportunities may be more limited these days, but mechanical issues remain the same.
  9. Gong Show

I guess my point is that the good mechanic is key. Whether it is outboards or inboards. Otherwise you are into fresh power every few years. I am very mechanically inclined and have different mechanics for my Volvo and my Yamahas. Both are now reliable and give me joy.
  10. Gong Show

Big commercial fishboats do not put fresh power in every few years, except for the yahoos, and ordinarily run one main engine. They too have restricted fishing times that are very costly to miss with break downs.
  11. Gong Show

You have now found your mechanic. You have spent the money for your mechanic to get thoroughly acquainted with your boat, it's specific issues explain them to you and fix them. The hard part is done. Visit your mechanic every second year for a good inspection is their work. I only say every...
  12. Gong Show

Best 6-8hp inflatable motor

I have a Yamaha 4 stroke 8hp. Internal tank with external plumbing too. Nice flexibility for a dink. It is still fun to run WOT by yourself.
  13. Gong Show

Pair of Hardy Longstone reels

Did these sell? They look pretty nice.
  14. Gong Show

Wanted: Shimano 200 GT Mooching Reel

I have a buddy looking for a Shimano 2000 GT Moocher reel. I thought I had a couple, but it looks like my dad threw them overboard with a couple of my beater rods, so maybe I am looking for more than one.:rolleyes: I am in Campbell River, but willing to pay for shipping on the right reel...
  15. Gong Show

Catching herring with cast net? News/details on spawn observations?

I have been watching this to improve my technique:
  16. Gong Show

Herring stocks rebounding

Prohibitions are a lazy response when there is insufficient data to support a prohibition.
  17. Gong Show

Want to buy a NEW boat. Please help!

Yes split it for traveling and one huge sounder when fishing.
  18. Gong Show

Big Fish - Big Spoons or Plugs?

Obviously the spoon guys have no confidence! I find it amazing how different gear kills it at different locations, but targeting the same fish stock.
  19. Gong Show

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

They are all thread worthy. Post it up so we can help your spend you money and time! That's why we're all here anyway.
  20. Gong Show

Westcoast Fishing Tackle?

Haha! That's why it's called stainless and not strain free. Love it, keep up the good work.
Back