Search results

1. M

1982 Ex DFO 24 foot double eagle

Need to dump the merc pump and put in the sea star power steering pump. It only runs when you turn the wheel. It's the solution for the verado with a kicker problem.....
  2. M

Tuna Fishing Fuel Consumption per day

Tuna fishing is not about cost per lb.....its about the adventure. Fuel...you burn what it takes for the adventure......
  3. M

Statutory Liability Limits of your Marine Insurance . New requirements 3 million is the new 2 Million

Friend who works in the marine industry says 5 mil is even better than 3 these days.....never know what will go sideways........
  4. M

40th bday charter/lodge ideas?

Milbanke sound.......king pacific lodge or north king lodge a little further north. For your bday dates no other places I would book.
  5. M

new mooching reel from amundson

The economy version looks good for the price. No way am I spending 800+ for a Chinese made mooching reel. Better options here in that range which support local.
  6. M

Thompson River Stories: Share Yours!

Just found a few photos from the mid 2000s....this one was a cool looking fish out of the grease hole. Still have a few of the custom 15' drift rods I built. Loved bottom bouncing way out there. The takes were so explosive.
  7. M

Thompson River Stories: Share Yours!

Ok guys looks like I have to go find some photos and add to this thread. I for sure have less time on the T than most here but wow what a river. Back with more soon. Please keep the pics and stories coming it's so cool to see all of it.
  8. M

Subject: Cowichan River closure- a portion of the river

Fished it in the 90s with my dad. Cool river, got my first hatchery steelhead there. I think we averaged like 5-10 fish a drift on the lower river. Then Fished it out of my own boat in the early 2000s, caught some more steelhead......haven't been back in 10-15 years or so. Really cool river with...
  9. M

Sage CT 3106

I've tried, 3106 and 4110 have not broken but been abused. I fell down a hill on the Thompson and broke my 4120......I also did in a 3113 slapping the tip in the water really hard....
  10. M

Critique My Suzuki Mounts

I 2nd the jack plates. They work so well. Gets you right in the sweet spot.
  11. M

Sage CT 3106

There u go.
  12. M

Sage CT 3106

This is what Brian Babcock has to say about brown-blue-green sages..... You may have stated this "numerous times" but you're still wrong. Not sure who you spoke to at Sage but I was actually there when the decision to change the colour was made. Can I say this any clearer - THE NEW GREEN...
  13. M

TRUCKS BOATS AND HELICOPTERS: PART V

Buckt list stuff! I miss steelhead fishing that's for sure.
  14. M

Sage CT 3106

Same graphite, same taper same rod....different color. The green CT was the casting designation I believe.....the blue ones were the SA were the saltwater ones.....they are all the same blanks though just different colors. Confused yet?
  15. M

Olympic National Park Closing Queets, Salmon, Upper Quinault To Steelheading -

100% agree whitebuck. Tough time for steelhead, I was lucky to see the late 90s and early 2000s but 2012+ has been hard on them. Now I look at photos and hope they can make a comeback.
  16. M

Sage CT 3106

The 396 is graphite 3 so a little less durable. They are also more of a mag taper so less forgiving. You got the right one for sure. The 3106 is my favorite rod for the work you are doing.
  17. M

2023 Haida Gwaii Reports

10Gs......yikes....its not the bisbees
  18. M

4 downrigger spacing

It's my dad's, helped him with the rebuild over the last 19 months...the only one with surface drives.
  19. M

4 downrigger spacing

It's a 46' zeta cat...
  20. M

Sage CP3113-3–Downrigger Rod?

I have 2 of those built for exactly what you want to do with it. I personally like the 3113mb but they don't have the power of the 3106. My buddy from WA state calls them the "SNOOPY POLES" because they bend right to the cork on the hook set. I don't recall a flat spot at the ferrule Aces but I...
Back