Search results

1. Finished Business

Tollycraft <30'

I'm looking for any opinions or experience with Tollycrafts under 30'. Things you like, things you don't. Things to look out for.
  2. Finished Business

2013 Evinrude E-tec 250 HO - 482 hours with warranty

250 HO (275hp) - 482 Hours. Just had a full service completed at the dealer with print-out. Warranty until 2018. Stainless prop, spare aluminum prop, gauges, side mount control, and 3 gallon oil reservoir. Save close to $10k on this engine. Never had a problem, starts in half a crank...
  3. Finished Business

Aren't you popular! Discus, your inbox is full

Discus, your inbox is full. Bring on the views...
  4. Finished Business

New Fraser River ramp baffles boaters in Mission...

:D I think this one is just for jet boats....
  5. Finished Business

Harrison Hot Springs - Can someone explain this??

I was at Harrison Hot Springs two weeks ago. I went to the springs found on the west end of the lake at the end of the gravel road, past the hotel and spa. I took a close look into the run off pool... Can someone explain to me how fish can survive, and possibly reproduce in the hot...
  6. Finished Business

Quantity or Quality?

A regular debate aboard the boat (usually when its dead slow fishing LOL).... What day is the one you prefer? Duration: 8 hour day. Day 1: Steady action of Chinooks throughout the day, nothing greater than 15 lbs. or Day 2: One bite, one fish. 25lbs or greater. Me? I'll...
  7. Finished Business

Sea Lampreys

Heard of now a few salmon being caught with sea lampreys attached this year. Haven't heard anything of them in the last four years that I have been fishing the chuck. I have yet to catch a salmon with a lamprey attached, but one was entered for a prize in the Silva Bay derby and another...
  8. Finished Business

Wanted: Gabriola Island Rental Home or Cottage - 1 week - September

I am looking to rent a small home or cottage for the second week (7-13th) of September 2014 on either Gabriola Island, Valdez, Galiano, or North Pender. Looking to find a place with moorage, can be public but prefer private moorage. If anyone knows of, owns, or can recommend an ideal...
  9. Finished Business

Kudos to new "reports" pages

Just a word of thanks to Brian and Peter for the new Reports only pages. Should clear up some of the muck and make accessing info about our favorite locations that much easier. Good job guys on another forum improvement. Great minds must think alike... LOL. Thanks guys!
  10. Finished Business

Outboards: Corrosion under hood. Tips?

Folks, Was busy getting my girl ready for the water this past Sunday. Upon popping the hood and preparing to fire the engine I noticed that there were a few bolts in particular that had some corrosion going on. As a result there was a light dusting of corrosion 'snow' accumulating under the...
  11. Finished Business

Fly Fishing for Chinook - WhereWiseMenFish - Kitimat

I have been in correspondence with Justin Maxwell Stuart of http://www.wherewisemenfish.com and he shared a great report from a trip he had on the Kitimat River. I wanted to share it with everyone here, its a great read. Report Link...
  12. Finished Business

Wood Splitters Dream - Fiskars X27 -

I had to pass along this deal to fellow members. I burn wood for the majority of my heat, I know alot of other guys do.... Using heavy mauls to do the job, I figured I'd try the 6.5 lb Fiskars x27. I'm not even going to get into it. If you split firewood. Buy this axe. Period. One of...
  13. Finished Business

Cuba in October

Saw the other post about fishing in Cuba....My other half has been trying to drag me to a destination wedding in Cuba. Been sour on the idea of spending my vacation for someone elses sake. (call me grumpy, or call me right haha) Anyways, been doing a bit of research and I'm wondering why I...
  14. Finished Business

HERRING - A keystone species.

I wanted to share a few videos that were recently shown to me. The videos detail both the destruction of what creosote pilings do to herring eggs, and what kelp wrapped pilings do to save the eggs. It was a real eye opener for me so I had to post them. The more I learn about the ocean, the...
  15. Finished Business

New Kicker Motors

Whats the happenings with new kickers these days? I'm in the market for a new or used kicker and am curious what people have heard or have to say about the 2014 line-up in <15hp engines? If anyone was looking into a kicker at the boat show, what was the MFG offering as far as boat show...
  16. Finished Business

Recreational Halibut - Non-profit anglers

.....Following along to the latest halibut thread regarding input needed by the SFAC. I am curious how fellow not-for-profit fisherman received the changes to the 2013 Halibut season. I did not want to post in the other thread as it is dominated by opinions from guides, and I find that as a...
  17. Finished Business

Bent Prop - where to repair (Vancouver Area)

Reminded by another post. I bent one of the blades on my 4 blade prop after bumping into the 5th log of the year lol. I've heard some shops can straighten the blades and re-balance the prop, rather than buying new. Does anyone use a reputable and reliable shop for prop repairs? If so...
  18. Finished Business

2003 Yamaha Kicker - STOLEN - Fraser Valley area

Hey guys. Tis the season! Apparently someone felt they needed my kicker motor more than I do, and stole it last night off the boat, parked in my driveway. Was in the Mission, BC area. Stolen last night some time Dec12 or morning of the 13th. Blue Yamaha 2003 9.9 High Thrust. Serial # 6...
  19. Finished Business

Eel identification

Caught a couple of these prawn burglers this summer. Can't seem to find out what they are. Anyone know? Cheers *Note - Eel was released with a belly full of prawns....he quite successfully emptied our entire trap lol.
Back