Search results

1. fish stalker

How can we get involved?

My kids are 7 now so have some good scissor skills. Love to get them involved in a fin clip or other hatchery type activities. Trout, salmon we arent picky. We are in Duncan area but dont mind traveling up island or Sooke way. Anyone know how to get kids involved?
  2. fish stalker

Salmon stories submissions

Some of the most salmon passionate people i've met on here. Incase your interested. http://salmonnation.net/salmonstoriesfellowship?fbclid=IwAR3aa34mEuo8UWBOcE8GXX1FI29ARXBw5-YT24LQGlfU6pBYhVrEpuM7IhM
  3. fish stalker

Which road to Bamfield

I know quite a few of you do the drive. Wondering if you could give me some advice please! If you had to drive to Bam this weekend in a semidecent vehicle with a bunch of kids which way would you drive? Coming from Vic, never been there. In threw Port Alberni or Lake Cowichan, which side if so...
  4. fish stalker

Road to Bamfield

Ive never been. Taking my new twins for there first camping trip this may long. Was going to borrow a friends motorhome (37ft). Ive never driven in a motorhome nvm one that huge. Or need to buy new giant tent and drive new dodge caravan down. How is the road for either? Standard logging road or...
  5. fish stalker

Found down rigger

Anyone lose a down rigger today? http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/LOST-A-DOWNRIGGER-OFF-YOUR-BOAT_23113699
  6. fish stalker

Cool old rod.

Not mine but I always see neat stuff come up. Thought id share this add for any old rod buffs. Im tempted just to hang it on my wall. Very Rare Hurd super caster made in Detroit Michigan The rod itself is famous for having been made from the metal antennas of surplus Sherman Tanks...
  7. fish stalker

Bradley on clearance

Was at Target at Tillicum yesterday. Not sure how great of price it is but they have blue Bradley original smokers on clearance reg. $399 on for $279 all pucks were 5 bucks a box which I bought up but other stores may have more. :)
  8. fish stalker

HDS-5 Gen 2 Black Friday sale

Well of course the second I buy by sounder this one comes on a killlllller sale. Its not on there website but I have the flyer. $250 off Regular $789.00 going on for $539.00 starts Nov 28th for 4 days West Marine. this one...
  9. fish stalker

Got UFC tonight link?

At the inlaws, fogot to set pvr. I know people have posted live steaming links on here before. Anyone!!?? GSP baby!!!!
  10. fish stalker

Marine Radio Course

I thought id just post this up. This course was cancelled due to low turnout last time so I couldnt take it. Its not held very often. I think most people just think you push the button and say help if you need it. There is alot more to it then that and legally you actually need this course to...
  11. fish stalker

Regulation sticky?

I was wondering if we should make up a sticky with easy to understand ways to read regs and direct links to the dfo page website. I know there are a couple different ways to get to the notices page and the site can give you the run around. Mabey post up 4 common areas and then the map page. I...
  12. fish stalker

How to smooth a rough idle

I have a older 70 VRO evinrude (vro still in place). But we only seem to have two trolling speeds slow and fast. Depending on currents and winds this is a pain in the butt. Alot of the times id like to be right in the middle but it idles really rough and makes the rods shake. Not sure if this...
  13. fish stalker

Leftover Salmon Recipes

I bet everyone has a ton of leftover salmon right now! Heres what Im doing with mine :) Made this one up last night. Salmon Pot Pie -Take out of freezer box of premade puff pastry 2 hrs before making. (You can buy at thriftys for 3 bucks) Or make your own pastry. -Cook pot of potatoes. I...
  14. fish stalker

Seafever and members

Just wanted to THANK YOU for all the great advice youve giving over the years. :) I continually do searches and go back and read threw threads and try and learn how to do things. Your thoughtful detailed posts with pics even come up over and over. Lots of people dont have someone to show...
  15. fish stalker

Canning your catch

Have you ever canned salmon? I have been reading up on it and most say you need a pressure cooker. Have you done without? Basically just pack into jars an inch from the top and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 vinegar to soften the bones if you like? Not sure if it effects the taste? Cook...
  16. fish stalker

Floating bait for shorecasting

going to try shorecasting for coho and springs I know steelheaders have a way of floating bait but bait is usually a eggsack. Could a choive be floated the same way? For coho I know they like lively action not sure you could jerk it around to much with out it deteriorating, mabey baitrix...
  17. fish stalker

Rigging bait suggestions

Just came back from camping to fish canada day. Id like to try bait. ive tried to read threw old threads. Couple quick questions! :o most people say they run 2's now how do I know when people mean 2 or 2/o? 2/o seem big. What do you prefer for main body treble? Should I run the stinger? (I...
  18. fish stalker

Spoon leader length

Rookie question :o Spoons can be run by themselves so dont really need the flasher for action? most people still run with flasher? Leader length for spoons? Does leader length change with spoon size? Does leader length change for species of fish targeted? (coho shorter faster...
  19. fish stalker

Fraser 5-2s lowest since albions been in effect

ABORIGINAL - General Information COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Troll RECREATIONAL - Salmon Subject: FN0485-Salmon - Fraser River Spring 5-2 and Summer 5-2 Chinook - June 14th Abundance Update In 2013, the Department has identified concerns associated with expected poor returns of Spring 5-2 and...
  20. fish stalker

Wanted 4-5wt fly rod (cheaper)

I know you get what you pay for but just not the budget. Looking for a learner 5wt. Bought a 8 but want to practice on lakes so need something lighter. If you see one somewhere or have a oldy kicking around... let me know! Cheers :D
Back