Search results

1. Nigels

No size limit for Chinok?

Am I right in my interpretation that the last management measure 0544 has expired on July 14 and therefore there is no maximum size limit on Chinook? Effective Dates: 00:01 hours June 17 until 23:59 hours July 14, 2017 Waters: Subareas 18-1 to 18-6, 18-9 and 18-11, 19-5, and those portions...
  2. Nigels

New Flywheel Ring Gear 14 inch 168 teeth for Mercruiser GM Chevy $85

Ring Gear Flywheel GM Marine 14 Inch Flywheel 4 Cylinder V6 V8 Flywheel Ring Gear fits All 14 Inch Flywheels on GM Chevy applications Has 168 teeth. IF you are unsure of your ring gear diameter you can look at your bottom mount starter. If your starter is held on with 2 long bolts then...
  3. Nigels

Flashers Wanted

Looking for selection of 11 inch plastic type flashers, (not chrome metal types), pm me what you have. Can collect from Victoria to Nanaimo for decent quantity. Thanks.
  4. Nigels

Is my driveway too steep?

Hi guys, bought a new house and the only place to put my boat is to reverse it down the side of the house onto a flat bit of garden. The previous owners concreted the access to this garden but it is very steep, I did a rough measurement and its 20-25 deg or 1 in 3 more or less, it looks scary...
  5. Nigels

Where to buy stuff on Vancouver Island

At last we sold our house and we are moving to the Maple Bay/Duncan area, 1st August, so being very new to the area I need to learn about all the best Pubs, Restaurants, Fishing spots, tackle stores, boat parts, etc. One thing though is a job I need to start myself when I get there is to...
  6. Nigels

Glow paint?

I have some old plugs and spoons that could be given new life. Is there such a thing as glow paint and if so what is called and where can I get it?
  7. Nigels

Scotty Electric Downrigger 1116 Propack $350

This is the Scotty 1116 Propack version with 36"-60" telescopic boom. Swivel and tilt bases. Ball hook. Base for two rocket launcher rod holders. Stainless cable. Excellent like new condition $350
  8. Nigels

Where on the Island is best?

Sorry guys for such a wild question, not trying to start something, but the Admiral has got it into her head that she wants to live within an hour and a halfs drive of Victoria. Dont ask! My question is, where is the best place to live, best bang for the buck for property, views and most...
  9. Nigels

Dog For Sale

DOG FOR SALE A man sees a sign outside a house - 'Talking Dog For Sale .' He rings the bell, the owner appears And tells him the dog can be viewed in the back garden. The man sees a very nice looking Labrador Retriever sitting there. "Do you really talk?" he asks the dog...
  10. Nigels

Penetrating Oils

Thought this was interesting. Penetrating Oils Machinist's Workshop MagT recently published some information on various penetrating oils that I found very interesting. Some of you might appreciate this. The magazine reports they tested penetrates for break out torque on rusted nuts. They...
  11. Nigels

....and that's how the fight started!

One year, I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift... The next year, I didn't buy her a gift. When she asked me why, I replied, "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!" And that's how the fight started...
  12. Nigels

Are they serious?

I try to keep an open mind about most things but this is just ridiculous. http://camillc.com/terrawind.htm
  13. Nigels

Camping on Vancouver Island

We want to spend 3-4 weeks touring Vancouver Island, last two weeks of August and first two weeks of September. We have a Fifth Wheel so the boat has to stay at home, ;-( do we need to make reservations for Provincial parks or commercial campgrounds or at this time of year can we just take a...
  14. Nigels

Wanted: Garmin BlueChart G2 CA015R card (or BlueChart G2 Vision CA001R)

I am looking for a Garmin BlueChart G2 CA015R card (or BlueChart G2 Vision CA001R) Thanks
  15. Nigels

Kuuma 150 Stow n go grill

I am thinking about a SS BBQ so that I can stay out longer/overnight and have some hot food, I saw this for under $100 (without stand) http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/KUU-83727/Kuuma+Products+150+Profile+Stow+N+Go+Gas+Grill.html Any one have any experience with this grill?
  16. Nigels

Sunshine Coast Fishing Club?

Does any one know if there is a fishing club on the Sunshine coast?
  17. Nigels

After Market Manifolds and Risers?

Good or bad idea? Mine are well past their sell by date and Mercruiser parts for my 1999 V6 4.3 are +-$1800 for a $10000 boat. I have seen these: http://marineengineparts.com/shopsit...l/page350.html http://www.masonmarine.net/mercruise...on-p-2591.html Any advice, comments...
  18. Nigels

Upgrade to a hard top? Trade your old frame!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am looking for a factory Bimini frame for my Trophy 2052/2002 years 1999 thru 2005 will work. However there were two different types one with shorter legs that fitted to the top of the windscreen and one with...
  19. Nigels

Canvas Advice Needed

New to the Forum, Hello. Just bought a Trophy 2052 (1999) without a Bimini. Any recomendations as to where I can get a frame and a full enclosure made up, (screen, side screens, rear curtain, top). The boat is on Sunshine Coast but that might not matter if who ever makes these has templates...
Back