Search results

1. Nigels

DFO Meeting re Pender Bluffs Aug 13

I fish(ed) the bluffs and would love to have attended this meeting but having only noticed this thread today and living in Maple Bay it is impossible to attend. I wonder if my question to the DFO can be done by proxy, if so would someone on this forum, who can attend, do it on my behalf...
  2. Nigels

Action Required - Potential Fin FIsh Closure from Long Beach to Swiftsure for SRKW

I have submitted my form. There is absolutely no proof that recreational fishing is responsible for decline in fish stocks. Have meaningful statistics ever been gathered from rec fishermen, no? So it is wrong to lump them in with Commercial and First Nations. Let the authorities do whatever is...
  3. Nigels

2018 Pender Bluffs

On second thoughts I won't sell the boat I could dump the riggers and my gear in the ocean because nobody would want the stuff, rip out the cuddy and put in 50 seats and do whale watching tours and become part of the "Orcaratzzi" , which is the real reason why the resident Orcas are pis****d...
  4. Nigels

2018 Pender Bluffs

This thread unofficially closed until 1 October..............any one want to buy a boat?
  5. Nigels

2018 Pender Bluffs

Right someone has to start this thread off. A few weeks ago 27 April fished the bluffs only one other boat, no bait no fish, so after about 3 hours I turned away from the bluffs at 90 deg thinking about heading to Moresby or somewhere else, had a sandwich whilst thinking about it, then at about...
  6. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

White floats then not the same guy, but hey R.SPENCER with Orange Buoy, I hope you can read! Have some consideration, go put them somewhere else or it might become a bit expensive!
  7. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

Last time I was at the Bluffs was Tuesday 03 October and there was the trap, with Orange Buoy, near the big white poop mark, I saw him place the trap then he disappeared, he doesn't fish just puts his trap, I know he didn't stay because there were only 5 boats out. I am guessing it's the same...
  8. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

Arrived at 2pm Monday only 6 boats there, 2.30 landed a 9lb hatch then went quiet, at 5pm I was only boat left , lost one, then released a nice wild then boated a 8lb hatch. Fished this morning from 7am at 7.30 lost one then nothing until 3pm. lost that one too, and another then landed 2 hatches...
  9. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

What is Bedwell like for crabbing. any good spots in there? Thinking about the bluffs later today or tomorrow, Sansum and Satellite are still closed until 15 October I think?
  10. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

I am missing the Bluffs already. Gone camping for 3 weeks in the interior, Kimberley at the mo and its very smokey here, enough to smoke fish I think. Tight lines guys, but save some for me!
  11. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

Perhaps the moderators of the forum could put a sticky about trolling etiquette. And include for starters that the boat in shallower depths has right of way and shall not be impeded. The times I have had to raise my balls because I am pushed on to the rocks. And yours, when turning, never in...
  12. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

Thursday afternoon landed a 19lb at 3.30pm just north of the southern poo mark in 160ft at 90ft on a Barbie pink hootchi then at 5.00pm at the exact same spot landed a 22lb at 110ft on a pink and purple hootchi. Then this morning lost one and 4 undersize then a 9lb. Packed up about 3.
  13. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

Keepers?
  14. Nigels

2017 Sooke Reports

Any reports from Pedder Bay?
  15. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

Me too. I read some where that Coho like red and lots of bling, dummy flashers off yer balls as well.
  16. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

Where do fish out of?
  17. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

Three 4-5lb pinks on Tuesday afternoon, 2.30-5.30 then went dead, all on Pink hootchies not a nibble on chovie all at 80ft. Then this morning fished from 5.30 loads of fish and loads of bait close in and out but could not persuade one to bite till about 10.00, a pink on chovie, at 110ft only to...
  18. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

Let us know how you get on. Interesting to know if this low pressure system affects the bite.
  19. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

And you too. What is the name of your boat, I didn't notice, is it Balackmax? I'll head out for another overnighter this week I think the weather forecast says its going to be a bit cooler, gotta shake my skunk and get my mind right again, lol.
  20. Nigels

2017 Pender Bluffs

Ah! Blackmax now I know who you are. I was the guy who spoke to you and saw you play the 18 lber, I have the Trophy boat. blue canvas with no name, fishing solo. Arrived on Thursday and fished the evening, nothing. Slept over in Bedwell. Friday, 5.30am I am ashamed to say I hooked 4 lost 4...
Back