Search results

1. Salmon Smoker

2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Just have to add another positive report from Vancouver harbor. Good weather, calm wind and water and finally some nice springs. I fished from 9 until 4 and took home a 21lb white spring and a 24lb red. Most of the morning was west of the bell buoy and all I got was shakers. Picked up the...
  2. Salmon Smoker

2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

I fished West van from noon till 6 PM yesterday. Had no luck until mid flood about 3 PM. Caught one 5 pound hatchery Coho, one mild sunburn and had a blast losing several more. One doubleheader with the Coho jumping 3 feet out of the water to spit the hook. All in all a good day and a great dinner
  3. Salmon Smoker

Large Salmon

For me the answer is time on the water and following the fish. 99% of my time on the water is in Vancouver harbor and near by. I usually use anchovies at about 50ft. I have caught lots in the mid 20's, many over 30 and one at 45 Trying to upload the photo is frustrating
  4. Salmon Smoker

The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

It was a bit of a blowy day out there today so once again I avoided the sound. I went back to the bell again today and battled the wind and the current. I hooked into something big, battled for about 5 minutes til I lost it. Hooked a couple of grilse and the hooked and landed another 20 lb red...
  5. Salmon Smoker

I did not expect much of the day today, my chartplotter died, so no sounder, speedo etc.. i went straight to the bell bouy as I was fairly certain of the depths and landed a nice red 20lb spring. 50 ft on an anchovie. Saw one guide boat pull in a nice looking spring just before i left around...
  6. Salmon Smoker

don't be teasing me now, I'm on holidays this week and i'm almost out of sockeye!
  7. Salmon Smoker

Fished west van today, nothing. 2 dungeness for supper
  8. Salmon Smoker

CANUCKS'- 2010

The only good thing about last nights game is that we get free hot dogs tomorrow and get to see the boys win it at home.
  9. Salmon Smoker

New Reg: North Shore Residents Only at Cap Mouth

I have been fishing the Cap since the 70's. Normally I get my gear set up away from the crowd and watch the boats to get an idea of direction and order so that I can join in and blend with the flow. This year I have pretty much avoided the kaos as I watch boats going north-south across the pack...
  10. Salmon Smoker

Favorite Picture of the year

No real big fish here, just an indication of what a sockeye season we had around Vancouver this year. A good day is limiting on sockeye and finishing with a nice spring. [/img] [/img] [/img]
  11. Salmon Smoker

Favorite Picture of the year

No real big fish here, just an indication of what a sockeye season we had around Vancouver this year. A good day is limiting on sockeye and finishing with a nice spring. [/img] [/img] [/img]
  12. Salmon Smoker

Sockeye gone

We have been getting spoiled lately with the sockeye. I've been to busy catching, cleaning, filleting, deboning and freezing to make a report. Yesterday was not like that. The water was really rough and I only managed 1 sockeye and 1 spring. :( The water did calm down in the afternoon but I was...
  13. Salmon Smoker

Vancouver Chuck

Thanks for the response, I just found this notice. http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/xnet/content/fns/index.cfm?pg=view_notice&lang=en&DOC_ID=126429&ID=recreational
  14. Salmon Smoker

Vancouver Chuck

Where do you see this opening? As far as I can see they will review again on Friday, til then it's still closed to sport fishermen. Please correct me if I'm wrong....asap..:)
  15. Salmon Smoker

Vancouver Chuck

Friday was pretty good for me. I've been going out for the afternoon/evening fish along the west van shore. I was just about to pack up and so I headed into 40' of water to see if I could pick up a late coho and was shocked when I hooked into a 26lb spring. I love adrenaline! I'd like to try...
  16. Salmon Smoker

Cate Park Fishing North Van

When the pinks are running you can fish from the shore right at the point. You'll know the fish are there 'cause there will also be about 20 boats 30' from shore.
  17. Salmon Smoker

FRESH SOCKEYE (Port Alberni) ? Are you Kidding me!

Do you think it would make a difference if this ad was forwarded to the DFO? Every year my girlfriend says "catch me a sockeye" and I have to say sorry, I'm not allowed to! :(
  18. Salmon Smoker

Vancouver Chuck

Ouch! [:0]
  19. Salmon Smoker

Vancouver Chuck

I went out and bounced around off Passage Island in the wind, waves and current in the morning. I went into the harbor along West Van around 11am, still windy, choppy and a strong current. I think that the current with the big tides have been spreading the bait all over the place, so the fish...
  20. Salmon Smoker

Vancouver Chuck

A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work! That's my thought after yesterday. 3 hours sleep on Friday night was probably the problem. I started out early and hooked my first fish just south of Passage island headed for Cowans point. the reel screamed off a ton of line, then the...
Back