Search results

1. Damien

Caddis Tube and Force Fins - Langley

https://forcefin.com/product/original-float-tube-fin/ Fins alone are $250 new. Tube has no tears, leaks or patches. $175 takes it all.
  2. Damien

Cannon UniTroll 10 Downrigger - Langley

Basically brand new. Braided line. Comes with 2 mounting options. Swivel base or stainless gimbal. Telescopic boom. I know scotty gets a lot of love, but for the manual riggers the orientation of the crank and wheel on the Cannon is more user friendly. $200 OB
  3. Damien

Thoughts/Opinions on some vintage Hardy's.

Hey Folks, helping my Aunt's neighbour on the island clearing out his old gear. He's in his 80's and doesn't internet. He's got a couple Longstones shown in the attachments. Any information on desirability and general price range for these? He has a few boxes of flashers, dodgers and spoons...
  4. Damien

Another "What Sounder Should I Get" Thread

I have a Dragonfly5 already but I'm taking ownership of a brand new 18' aluminum in a few weeks and considering an upgrade. I fish salt, lakes and some sturgeon in the Fraser. Is side view a thing? What would you do? Maybe consider a max budget under $1,000. Run the Dragonfly and save...
  5. Damien

Kawkawa

Anyone been out this year? Heck does anyone know if it is iced off? Looking to dunk the boat tomorrow for it's spring shake down. Alouette is still closed/snowed in. Would try Pitt, but I have no idea where to go or what to target there.
  6. Damien

Puerto Vallarta 1st Week of April

Hey Gents, I have read some of the threads on fishing out of PV, but wanted to know if there was current info I might be missing. I'll be staying at the Riu Jalisco in the Flamingo area, right by the marina in Nuevo, north of Marina Vallarata. Only about a 30 minute cab ride from Punta Mita...
  7. Damien

Transducer Placement

Hey again folks, so I need to move my transducer. I installed it in a spot that looked right at the time. Result was not good. I put it in line with the bunk. But when loading the boat onto the trailer the boat can sit a bit further forward on the bunk, bumping the transducer. So I need to...
  8. Damien

Honda 9.9 For Sale

Selling on behalf of my father in law. It is too heavy for him to move. Its been on his side of the family forwever, not used much but shows cowling scuffs and decal peeling from being move around. It is an early 2000 to the best of his knowledge. Short shaft, manual start with charging...
  9. Damien

Is my (new) battery pooched?

Hey Folks, so a couple of weeks ago I made a mistake. Was fixing a couple minor things on my boat, giving her a wash, testing out a few things etc. At the end of the day I left the key turned to 'on'. Didn't look back at my boat for 2-3 weeks. Went to do a pre-trip check and noticed I wasn't...
  10. Damien

Help me diagnose?

So I was out on the water Thursday. Boat started and ran perfectly all day. No problems switching from the main to the kicker throughout the day. Go to fire up the main to head back to the launch at the end of the day, turn the key, nothing. Thought it was the battery, but bilge, nav...
  11. Damien

Headed to Kyuquot in Three Weeks

I've never fished the WCVI before, really excited. Despite a lot of doom and gloom these days, I'm really looking forward to this, it will probably be my 'once in a lifetime' trip. Any tips, tricks, gotchas or other experiences anyone would like to share? Did I mention I'm excited? Cheers.
  12. Damien

Teleflex Question

So my steering was a bit stiff after my first run of the year. It eased up after a couple minutes, yes I should have conducted some maintenance before taking it out...but here I am. My teleflex cable system steering ram has two, what appear to be, grease fittings in the sealed tube area that...
  13. Damien

Not much of a report...1st Shakedown of the Season (whoops)

So, the always 'fun' first run of the year in the boat happened yesterday. Woke up to ZERO Degree Celsius weather with snow coming down. Weather said 'warm' (6-7 C) with some sun. Nope. Great start! By the time I remember all the stuff I need to load up, track down the boat keys, and...
  14. Damien

Stave Lake Oct 8 2017

Hit Stave Lake yesterday instead of Alouette. It was a nice day on the water after it took a good hour just to get to the lake through the channel. Harrowing to say the least, we had to go extremely slow as the water is super low. Widow makers EVERYWHERE. Following the green markers wasn't...
  15. Damien

Bimini Suggestions

Posting for a friend. He's looking into either taking this whole thing off, or closing in the gap between with the windshield and the leading edge of the bimini and possibly adding sides. Do you guys think it's best to start fresh or try to add 'panels'? Suggestions are appreciated. Not...
  16. Damien

Where would you mount downriggers...

Understanding I don't have an ideal fishing platform to work from, I still want to have riggers as an option. Since I already own riggers, I figure I will mount plates that can be at the ready when needed. (I usually fish the large, Fraser Valley lakes. A typical day for me is to get on the...
  17. Damien

Kicker Mounted On "Swim Grid"...

..without through bolting. Am I nuts to consider this? It will be for a maximum 6hp motor ~55lbs. The mount itself is rated for 75lbs. The vast majority of the time it will just be an Minnkota electric motor on there for use while trolling on lakes. I don't have access under the decking to...
  18. Damien

9.9 Honda Short Shaft

2005 Model - Excellent condition well taken care of. Can be seen running, runs perfectly. https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/bpo/6270493564.html Helping a friend sell it, please use Craigs to contact him directly. Located in Langley close to Costco. Thanks for looking.
  19. Damien

Evinrude - Opinions and what years (or all to be avoided)

Hey folks, I have my eye on a little 16' boat with a 115hp Evinrude. I have no experience with these motors, have had Merc and Yammy my entire life. It is a 1997 and from what I can tell the problems with the FICHT models began in 1998 but i'm not totally sure. Does anyone have experience...
  20. Damien

New 15hp Merc, SOLD

I have an unused/never seen water/still needs to be broken 2009 15hp Mercury, Short Shaft, Manual Start up for grabs. Comes with tank and hose. Cart not included. $2150 - Langley https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/bpo/6259851393.html
Back