Search results

1. N

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Had a GREAT time with guide Doug Atkinson helping Katrina catch her first Tyee! It was a beautiful day, calm seas and sunshine. Can't wait to get back out there next year and catch another one...
  2. N

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

My daughter and I fished Esperanza area Aug 30 and 31st. Weather was sunny and seas calm. We caught a couple springs near Rosa Island, then moved out towards the whales tail. Got our limit of halibut both days. The coho were thick. A number of them were hatchery fish. Caught some nice springs...
  3. N

Camping around Esperanza and Nuchatlitz information wanted

We have boated out Esperanza and boat camped at Garden Pt.; and Rosa island. You can pay to stay at Rogers. They are on the outside. Tahsis and Zeballos are the closest points to car camp. Good luck.
  4. N

Walters Cove still in business??

I was up there last weekend. Walter's cove is open shoot them an email.
  5. N

Hurrah for Scotty!

Scotty rocks! They have the best warranty and repair service of anybody.
  6. N

looking for a captain in Sooke for some fishing

Very glad to hear of your success.
  7. N

looking for a captain in Sooke for some fishing

Mr. Beemer, As you may know, Canadian charters do not take singles. They charge a boat price, which is unaffordable to us working folks.
  8. N

Fishing Rupert

where can we get a true roll Sammy, Could you tell us where to get a true roll lure? Thanks!
  9. N

What Plugs Worked 4 You This Last Season?

WE fished the starfish (or Hyson) bank 14 miles out of Ukie in early August, The #500 7" Tomic was a real fish killer. It is a medium blue color. Also the #6 Tomic spoon in copcar (black and white) was good. john
  10. N

Multiple hoochie rigs.

A trick my buddy uses here in the San Juan islands for springs and feeders is to insert a small 1.5 inch herring strip inside a needlefish(squirt) or octopus hootchie. It is held in place by a #6 trout hook tied in below the beads. It is a very effective fish catcher. john
  11. N

Sockeye gone

Thanks for the great sockeye tips magician! Good luck to you. john
  12. N

Sockeye gone

Dear Magician, Could you tell me the specifics for catching sockeye in the salt? Such as flasher color, leader length, hook size and color, time of day, depth. What's a chain gang??? Any tips for getting the sox? Thanks, John
  13. N

Vancouver

Hello fellow fishers. I ran up to the Sandheads area from Orcas Island yesterday. About 15 miles in the fog. First time trying for the sox. We landed 4 nice sockeye. Three were caught on one rig at about 75 feet deep. The flasher was all red on one side and reflective tape on the other; a 22"...
  14. N

unusally windy WCVI

Need a little help. We're planning a fishing trip next week to Ucluelet. What is the BEST weather prediction source for offshore WCVI on the internet? Thanks for the help. john
  15. N

Poett Nook boat or drive

I'd drive out. Afternoon winds could slow you down on the water. Poett Nook is a great place. Driving is the ticket. john
  16. N

trolling speed

Using flashers and hootchies I try to maintain 2.3 to 3.3 mph. Watch your lures in the water to see how they are behaving. Good Luck! john
  17. N

Flasher Modifications

I've had the same trouble with those echip lures. I use the 1-1/2 inch apex type lure for kokanee and the echip usually falls off the first day. Since they are made in China I'm not suprised. john
  18. N

Monster Brown Irish Lord Pic-from Alaska

Cabezons are great to eat. Their firm flesh is ideal for fish soup. I say "fish soup"because I don't know how to spell "boulibase" john
  19. N

Zeballos

The highway is about 10 miles out from Catala island. At the 50 fathom line (300 feet deep) Good luck! Fish at 75 to 140 feet deep for springs. john
  20. N

Esperanza anybody?

We fished Esperanza on Friday through Sunday, July 19 to 21st. Friday: ocean too rough, couldn't get out Saturday: fishing the highway. Had a killer bite on the afternoon high tide, Fish were at about 130 feet deep over a 250 foot bottom. Best lure was a flasher and bait with 5 foot...
Back