Search results

1. S

Swedes are Kings of the Rods!

How many rods do you fish? Seems like the Swedes have it figured out. I have no idea how they keep them from tangling. Must be a nightmare if you do!
  2. S

Bella Bella Cannery?

Does anyone know what the 411 is on the Bella Bella Cannery. It is obviously the old fish plant, but has Sportfishing operations moved/started there? Shearwater seems to have divested itself of Sportfishing. Been a while sine I have been up that way, but it is on the radar for this year. Saw it...
  3. S

National 2000 Air Ride Seats - SOLD

Just took these out of a new to me boat. The boss did not like them ;). As is, these are very comfortable seats. They were installed in the boat sharing a tiny 12 Volt (Cdn Tire Special) Compressor, that would struggle to fill a football. Once I got them out of the boat, I could lift them with...
  4. S

Kodiak 225 Caliper and Parts - SOLD

Two Kodiak 225 Rebuild Kits, One New 225 Dacromet Caliper with pads, One Spare Set of Pads for 225 Calipers, and a Bearing Race and Seal Driver. All new never used. Value apprx $300 US, plus taxes and shipping. All for $250 Cdn
  5. S

iTroll Positive Experience

Last week I posted about the "not" iTroll that I received. The package that I received (2 Cotton Sport Bras and a Scrunchie) made no sense. Complete with all the right labels and Customs clearance form, I thought this might have been a mail scam that I inadvertently gave my CC credentials to...
  6. S

Port Alberni Charter Boat

So we were heading up Alberni Canal this morning and got waved down by a 23 foot Grady White Charter boat out of Port Alberni near Hissin Point that had "run out of gas". The guide said he "screwed up" and had planned to fuel up at Poett Nook. He also said he did not have a fuel gauge and relied...
  7. S

Three Wheeled Dual Axel

So today I saw a Dual Axel trailer roll away from the launch with 3 wheels. Right rear was missing. Minimum drive had to have been 12 km's on bumpy asphalt. Not sure of the circumstances but there have been low tides and not enough ramp this weekend. After not having enough ramp to launch on...
  8. S

2005 Yamaha 6HP Kicker

Manual tilt, pull start, tiller. I've had this since new regular oil changes, winterized each year, stored under cover. It runs awesome but has typical Yamaha aesthetic issues on the exterior. I'm a weekend warrior fishing +/- 15 days a year, so it has not been over used. SFBC special $1100.
  9. S

Boat Surveyor, Mobile Mechanic needed in Richmond

I just found a boar in Richmond and need it looked over. Locked down on the Island. Any Recommendations? Any members in Richmond area that could take a look and at least verify that reality matches the pictures? Thanks much
  10. S

Yamaha Kicker Throttle Control on Tiller Handle Broken

So the Rubber Grip or what lies beneath it appears to have broken on my 6 HP kicker. I am hoping it is an easy fix. I am guessing it is the part labelled as #10 and held on by screw #13. Has anyone removed /replaced one of these as it is as straightforward as it seems? Any wisdom is appreciated.
  11. S

Kodiak Brake Calipers

Since last Spring I have had to replace 3 Kodiak Brake Calipers due to seized pistons. I arrived at the Gold River ramp on Saturday afternoon and one side was showing 220 degrees while normal is about 110. The pads were newish but ended up down to 1/2 to 1/3 third braking material and fried. I...
  12. S

2016 Regs - Nootka Sound

I`m looking at the Regs and cannot see the closures and usual over/under limits. In past years Beano usually closes around July 15th. Surely this is too good to be true. What am I missing?
  13. S

Fuel Filler Cap

The fuel filler assembly on my Campion seems to be succumbing to age. It seems that it is corroding from behind which has caused the plastic to crack on the outside and the tube has also distorted (shrink and wrinkled). What are they putting in fuel these days? Has anyone had a similar...
  14. S

Best Bet for Halis this weekend?

Looking at the Forecast and West Coast VRISL looks best for lack of wind/swell this coming weekend. Any good reports/tips out there, would prefer to stay nearshore? Would have preferred to go to Nootka, but would like to see something positive if I gotta drive farther. Based in CR.
  15. S

Lost Prop Campbell River

Found a very large Prop in the middle of the road in Campbell River. Message me if you are the owner.
  16. S

EKOS Online Surveys

Two of my family members have had to complete the survey now. One had a one day licence and we got hit up with the Creel Survey that day. On the survey they basically want to know exact details of every fish you caught including undersize and released fish. For released Chinook for example, they...
  17. S

Tow Vehicle Tackle Box

I picked up a Digital Temperature Reader a few years back that I use to check my hub temps religiously. Usually the hubs read with 5 Degrees of each other. Checked them on Friday and one side was running about 40 Degrees hotter when I stopped for Gas to start my trip, and quickly climbed to 200...
  18. S

Algae Bloom

I have been seeing a few reports about algae blooms off WCVI. Any experts know how deep they go? ... Or fishing tactics when they are occuring? I recall a nasty one around CR a few years ago that also fouled our lines. Thoughts?
  19. S

2001 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4

My kids have grown so it is time for a Crew Cab. This truck has been very good for us with minimal issues. The rear bumper has some rust and the fuel sender works but is intermittent (more so when the tank is full). Both are common issues with GM's of that age. 2001 GMC Sierra SLE 4X4 Z71 with...
  20. S

Yamaha F115 Oil Change Kit

So I went into the dealer to buy a filter for an oil change and they are now selling a boxed oil change kit (oil, filter, new gasket). So I figured I`d try it out. I was somewhat skeptical that the kit had the required 4.3 liters so I even asked the Parts Counter guy and he just pointed to the...
Back