Search results

1. S

port eliza lodge

Who is the new owner?
  2. S

Douglas Channel - Fishing / Crabbing etc... from Kitimat ?

There are some good YouTube videos if you search Douglas Channel and Kitimat Fishing. I've not fished it for years but the Spring Run was early May/June and into August is definitely the Coho run. I guess it depends how far you want to run. Certainly out past Hartley Bay towards Campania has...
  3. S

Wanted: lowrance gen2 structurescan black box

I might still have the transducer too
  4. S

Too bad, came with my boat, I'm thinking it was from around 2010. The original head unit was gone and not compatible with the newer head units. Cheers, if anyone else is looking for one, I got one.
  5. S

is this the one? Sitting on my bench, open to offers
  6. S

It's only money right??? Remote steering or Auto pilot?

So, I took a step and bought the Lowrance kit from HC. Now I need some help from the Hydraulic Steering experts. My helms are Uflex UP-28 from about 2010. I am trying to confirm whether my Helm fittings are ORB6 or 1/4 NPT. The fittings are brass. I see online that Brass Uflex fittings are...
  7. S

So does the Lowrance that HC has on sale work with a Main/Kicker setup? I see comments about not working with twins and being a "single motor" design. The Main/Kicker seems to be something in the middle.
  8. S

https://ca.binnacle.com/Electronics-Autopilots/c12_35/p20409/Navico-NAC-1-Hydraulic-Autopilot-Pack-for-Outboard-Motor/product_info.html
  9. S

Swedes are Kings of the Rods!

How many rods do you fish? Seems like the Swedes have it figured out. I have no idea how they keep them from tangling. Must be a nightmare if you do!
  10. S

Is trailering a boat from the north side of Victoria to Port Hardy and motoring to Rivers Inlet in one day realistic

Crossing Cape Caution and getting to River's is the hardest part of your trip. From there it is an hour to Hakai, another hour to Shearwater. The fish you may be early for in River's may be in Hakai, Cultus or Milbanke Sound then. Why not consider a couple days out of Sheawater, fish Milbanke...
  11. S

Is trailering a boat from the north side of Victoria to Port Hardy and motoring to Rivers Inlet in one day realistic

My question would be why? Take a easy day to Hardy. Fill the Coolers with ice there. It’s not just launching, you have to find a place to park too, deal with the unexpected. Spend a night on the boat in Hardy, get an early start, the next day. Drop a line at Cape Caution if you want for an...
  12. S

Bella Bella Cannery?

Does anyone know what the 411 is on the Bella Bella Cannery. It is obviously the old fish plant, but has Sportfishing operations moved/started there? Shearwater seems to have divested itself of Sportfishing. Been a while sine I have been up that way, but it is on the radar for this year. Saw it...
  13. S

Trailer brake corrosion advice

Stainless Calipers with Coated Rotors. Double lipped hub seals riding on a stainless wear sleave inside the axle, Bearing Buddy on the outside. A good quality marine axle grease (calcium sulfonate). Infared thermometer in the tow vehicle and check regularly.
  14. S

Boat Camping

Hi Chuck: Generally I think you'd be best to start north and work your way down. For example Nootka peaks around the end of July into August whereas Barkley Sound is more an end of August fishery. You can access up to Kyuquot from Gold River. Fuel is available at Critter and Moutcha, Tahsis...
  15. S

National 2000 Air Ride Seats - SOLD

Just took these out of a new to me boat. The boss did not like them ;). As is, these are very comfortable seats. They were installed in the boat sharing a tiny 12 Volt (Cdn Tire Special) Compressor, that would struggle to fill a football. Once I got them out of the boat, I could lift them with...
  16. S

Kodiak 225 Caliper and Parts - SOLD

Two Kodiak 225 Rebuild Kits, One New 225 Dacromet Caliper with pads, One Spare Set of Pads for 225 Calipers, and a Bearing Race and Seal Driver. All new never used. Value apprx $300 US, plus taxes and shipping. All for $250 Cdn
  17. S

Electrical issues help!!

As I read this everything starts the day fine after being on the charger. Once a drain is put on the battery that is connected up front on your boat there is a problem. It sounds like the battery is not being charged by the engine. Is it possible you have the wrong selector on the battery...
Back