Search results

1. Time

Prawn traps - - - - GONE

Could give a shout-out to name the company that went to the trouble of gathering your gear in and calling you. Good karma for them.
  2. Time

New krippled spoons

I feel either old fashioned, jaded from having bought too much hardware over the years, or cheap. Still using old Coyote Cop Cars as my go to lure. ☺ (And yes, I stocked up when they were the hot ones, probably never run out with the amount I fish, lol.)
  3. Time

Vancouver Crab Poachers Caught Selling Their Catch Online

Old adage: Thin bottom: Male Fat bottom: Female Compare a female and a male from your trap, or in the picture from Chasin' Dreams above, and you will immediately see the difference in the "wedges". If you can't, sell your traps.
  4. Time

SOLD SOLD SOLD! Double Eagle 176 w/ LOW HOUR Yamahas

Looks like a good buy for someone.
  5. Time

Samson Narrows lost traps

Use the sounder (it doesn'the have to be the latest or most expensive) for spotting your depths/contour lines, but spend some time with your paper charts before venturing out (you do have those I hope) looking for likely spots. Enough has been posted about the bottom structure you are looking...
  6. Time

Yamaha 50, What is too many hours

My boat (Arima) is a bit heavy for a 50, hence would like a 60 or 70. The 75 and up, a bit too heavy, what with a kicker hanging out there. Trying to keep the balance. And yes Scott, definitely a 4 stroke. Have a good 2 stroke now and you are right about the cold weather.
  7. Time

Ah well. Missed out on this one. Would rather have a 60 or 70 hp anyway. Anybody got one for sale (I wish).
  8. Time

My daughter got into my tackle box...

Careful guys Kids might get upset when you impale their friends with a hook and then try to drown them by throwing them overboard. Great thread.
  9. Time

Spotted a 2013 F50 4 stroke, it did it's 2 years in a fish camp and then went on a recreational boat, guesstimated 800 hours on it. Asking $4,000.00 Worthwhile to pursue further? Would have mechanic check over of course if I go for it.
  10. Time

My daughter got into my tackle box...

Very nice, and imaginative.
  11. Time

Chinook working group meeting tonight

Yes, it would have been nice to sit in. And it was in my area. DFO didn't exactly publicize it, and I had not heard of the Hardcore Salmon group before. Quick search on Facebook turned up two Hardcore Fishing pages, both in US and not related to BC fishing. It would be nice to get some local...
  12. Time

Stuck boat hook.

Did my best, water poured into the hole in the bottom of the handle, put it in the shower for 10 minutes (on low). squirted it with WD-40. Only thing left is the pipe wrenches (tried with strap wrenches) which should destroy the boat hook. And then out will come the hacksaw. It deserves an...
  13. Time

Stuck boat hook.

Thanks guys. I have another project for tomorrow. :( My boat is 16 feet so need it to collapse or will replace it. Will let you know how I make out.
  14. Time

Stuck boat hook.

Extends 3.5 feet to 8 feet. 2 twist and lock 'joints'. Probably my own fault for not washing it down after last summer. Could be salt or dirt gummed up one of the twist joints.
  15. Time

Stuck boat hook.

16. Time

Stuck boat hook.

One of the 'joints' on my boat hook is stuck in the extended position. Garelick, if it matters. Any ideas on how to loosen? Tried to soak it in fresh water, wrapped wet rags around. They say not to use penetrating oil on it. TIA
  17. Time

Wanted Yamaha 70 HP, 4 stroke

Messaged the seller. Comes with Prop and Controls. Good deal, BUT He and the motor are in Red Bay, Newfound Labrador. I took a pass.
  18. Time

Good Idea or Waste of Money?

Looks like a 'bale hook' we used on the farm for grabbing hay bales. I think I saw them at Buckerfields in the last year or so. Any farm supply should have them. Shop local - not everything has to come from Amazon.
  19. Time

Scotty 2106 HD Braid on sale at Steveston Hardware Online.

What weight of Power pro do you run? 150 pound? Also is it much trouble to switch over? Don't have a local shop to handle the change.
  20. Time

9 foot aluminium

Yes, still for sale. Goes on Used Cowichan next week. Just about any time works for me. 250.748.5863
Back