Search results

1. Old Seadog

2023 Sooke Reports

Well went out for a quick burn this afternoon left @13:30hrs and was back at dock by 15:30 hrs. Went out to 2-3th tide line, one DR 45ft and the other 55ft both had spoons on. The 45ft DR had the most hits, two minutes in hatchy Coho around 3-4 lbs, then wild after wild. The weather was nice...
  2. Old Seadog

2023 Sooke Reports

Well not too bad of a day, only thing was it was very foggy out there. Went out looking for Coho got 3 nice wild ones that I let go, all on spoons. Fished mostly Possession Pt & Secretary Is and little bit just infront of Sooke Harbour. Had the DR at 51ft and 42ft. Got a nice hit at 42' which...
  3. Old Seadog

2023 Sooke Reports

Out this morning with my son at first light, did two passes at Possesion Pt "Bang 10lb" my son got. Move over to Secretary Is and "Bang #12.5lb" all done, with hour & half.... We were at 35ft & 40 ft on the DR using spoons. There was a ton of bait jumping all over the place. We did not get one...
  4. Old Seadog

2023 Sooke Reports

Yes....it was a nice day. We got into 8 springs today, 2 very nice (20 Ibs) one wild & one hatchery. The rest were in the 5-8 lb range. When the bait moved in, it was on fire. Also used Skinny G's, one black & white the other was green & white. My DR was at 45ft and 65ft. Also 2 wild Coho. All...
  5. Old Seadog

2023 Sooke Reports

Had a nice sunny day on the water yesterday with lights winds, so I decided to head out. I picked out a spot that usually produces a fish or two. The tide & current were running nice all day. Just as the tide started to turn I got into a Halibut, nice fight. Landed a 27lb fish, all on herring.
  6. Old Seadog

2023 Sooke Reports

Well it was a nice sunny Wednesday day, with a gentle breeze. Started the day right out front of Sooke Harbour in 90-100 ft of water. Had both downriggers down near the bottom one had a AP spoon & the other had a big eye spoon with glow (green/white). With in 10 min got are first hit, on the Ap...
  7. Old Seadog

Salmon Head Recovery Program - Post results here

Received results back from two fish caught in Oct, off of Sheringham Point. One had no tag & the other one was from the US. It was 3yr old fish, it was nice to know were the fish came from. I just want to thank all the people involved. 2022‐09‐06 091460 20 Chinook 3 Big Creek Hatchery
  8. Old Seadog

2023 Sooke Reports

Happy New Year...Has anyone been out, looking for fishing report....See you out there.
  9. Old Seadog

Rescued a broken down boat and boater - some lessons learned.

I have to totally agree one of the Best courses that I have taken, everyone should take one before they go on the water.
  10. Old Seadog

2021 Sooke Reports

Was out the other day off of Seceretary Island (120-250 ft) got 3 pinks & 1 nice hatchery Coho for super. Runing spoons on DR at 42' and 68'. Also released a number of wild coho. Finished the day off by doing a pass by Possession & released a nice hatchery spring around (12-15lbs) that gave me...
  11. Old Seadog

2021 Sooke Reports

We it looks like : Effective 00:01 hours August 1 to 23:59 hours August 31: One (1) Chinook per day with a maximum size limit of 80 cm on marked and unmarked Chinook.... Effective 00:01 hours September 1 to 23:59 hours December 31: Two (2) Chinook per day, no maximum size limit. In the Sooke...
  12. Old Seadog

2021 Sooke Reports

Have not fish there in yrs....guess time to go back?????
  13. Old Seadog

2020 Sooke Reports

Which dealership did you take it too ?????
  14. Old Seadog

2020 Sooke Reports

Out today from 07:30 - 12:00 was a very nice Sunday. Kept 2 nice Coho and released about 18 wild Coho (couple well over 10 lbs). Also 4 under size hatchery Chinook. The whales show was a nice treat first thing in the morning also. All on DR at 60 - 70ft. Also ran spoons all day, no bait at all...
  15. Old Seadog

2020 Sooke Reports

Out this morning from Sooke Harbour, it was very foggy on the way out to Otter. Got one big hit that ran for about #15 sec....then gone. Then I got a small jack spring that I let go, looking for a big brother. Moved down to Muir and gave that a try, released 2 nice wild coho and that was it...
  16. Old Seadog

2020 Sooke Reports

Out at Otter this morning... the bite was on early. Let a 92 cm fish go, great fight. Turned around and nailed a 74 cm fish. All on bait and at 65 ft on DR.
  17. Old Seadog

2020 Sooke Reports

Out today off the Sooke Flats, looking for a Halibut....sure can tell it is June. Also fed the dogfish today, no butts. Moved around and also drifted a couple of time. The dogfish were all over.
  18. Old Seadog

2020 Sooke Reports

I was out last week and I didn't get anything, but I hear that there is a couple coming in. If the wind is not to bad this afternoon, I just might go out for a couple of hrs.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  19. Old Seadog

2020 Sooke Reports

Was also out on Sunday...nice morning with the sun. Tried for Halibut, west of Sooke...NO LOVE for us also. Nice run for the boat.
  20. Old Seadog

Who's headed out opening day? Halibut

I'm heading out on Sunday.... First time this year..... hope to land a halibut this year. Did not get one last year at all. (Everything else) Good luck to the rest of you fisher-man & fisher-women. :)
Back