Search results

1. SmokinJoe

2023 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Hello, I’m curious if trolling is allowed on the outside of Winchelsea island. My chart plotter had a “fishing prohibited” across the area. However I fished that area lots 10-12 years ago and I don’t see anything on the fishing regs. I do recall that there is no prawning along there due to the...
  2. SmokinJoe

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Heading out for 3 days of fishing in Nootka on Saturday. Any recent reports on what is working and where at? Thanks in advance
  3. SmokinJoe

2015 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

I think this is a T-rex hootchie
  4. SmokinJoe

Alberni Inlet 2015

Those socks don't look that healthy....
  5. SmokinJoe

2015 Tofino Reports

Thanks! Sounds like we are going to be fishing out of Poets Nook Area now instead.
  6. SmokinJoe

2015 Tofino Reports

Update on Tofino fishing? Coming up this weekend with a group
  7. SmokinJoe

2015 Nanoose Bay / French Creek

Sounds like the fishing has really slowed down....Contemplating yanking the boat out of Schooner.....What do you guys think? Anyone have much luck out here July or August? I usually go to the west coast but no can do this year.
  8. SmokinJoe

2015 Campbell River Reports

Hey guys, I'm used to fishing out Nanoose Bay. Can you suggest any "go-to" or hot lures/flashers to use up around Campbell River? Thanks in advance
  9. SmokinJoe

Awesome, thanks. It does help.
  10. SmokinJoe

Thanks! So the hump is out towards the south end of Quadra? What about the green can?
  11. SmokinJoe

Hey guys, I've never fished out of Campbell River before but might be coming up to stay at Salmon Point this weekend and potentially more this summer. Can anyone provide any advice on where to get salmon and or Hali? I've read the humps, but where are those? Thanks a bunch!
  12. SmokinJoe

Washed my lures last night at Gerald and Winchelsea. Pretty slow out there.
  13. SmokinJoe

Anyone had any luck in the last few days?
  14. SmokinJoe

Managed to break my drought and nailed a 20 pounder yesterday at Gerald. Green Splatterback at 180. Had another bite but it didn't stick. Good luck
  15. SmokinJoe

Thanks guys!! I'm feeling a bit better but I still want to get out of this drought!! Sounds like there was fish yesterday at French Creek (had a friend post on facebook that they caught 5 there yesterday). Good luck out there!
  16. SmokinJoe

Seeing as I should report all my fishing efforts, not just the times I land fish: Fished Thursday night at the outside of Winchelsea for a couple hours leading up to the 9pm tide change. Not a sniff. Tried Irish Cream, white hootch primarily. Fished Sunday night on the outside of Winchelsea...
  17. SmokinJoe

Got out yesterday for a fish. First day of the year for me and mostly just wanted to get the boat running but we lucked out and nailed a 17! Caught it on an Irish Cream around 160 just outside of Winchelsea.
  18. SmokinJoe

Nootka Sound 2014 Fishing Reports

Spent the 20th-22nd at Critter Cove. Fished Hoiss Point and Camel Rock. Lots of action, most in the 50-70 foot depth on anchovies. Numerous fish in the 18-20 pound range. Also grabbed some coho. Awesome place out there!
  19. SmokinJoe

Nootka Sound 2014 Fishing Reports

Spent the 20th-22nd at Critter Cove. Fished Hoiss Point and Camel Rock. Lots of action, most in the 50-70 foot depth on anchovies. Numerous fish in the 18-20 pound range. Also grabbed some coho. Awesome place out there!
Back