Search results

1. M

Looking for a t9.9 prop

buddy spun his prop off his kicker the other day. Looking for used set up. Its off a yamaha 2002 t9.9 . Require the prop and ring deflector If anyone has a used one for sale or knows of one it would be appreciated. 11 3/4 x 9 1/4 thanks
  2. M

injector cleaning

The compressor on my optimax blew a bearing and I now have microscopic alumn particles blown into air rail . Standard procedure for compressor failer is to have fuel / air rails and injectors cleaned and tested. I have installed a new compressor but am looking for reputable place that...
  3. M

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Fished off Oak Bay past the shipping lanes Saturday morning . Right away got a big bend on the rod, turned out to be a large skate . Released that then the other rod Bent over, little more fight in it and it was a large Hali. Unfortunately it Was well over the size limit and was closer to 150...
  4. M

Dog rescued off Juan de Fuca trail

Spread the word to find the owners . Beautiful dog now safe thanks to boating rescuers . https://m.facebook.com/247467542253751/posts/1175171182816711/?refid=18&__tn__=R
  5. M

Old sooke fishing pictures

Great Link , thanks !
  6. M

Old sooke fishing pictures

I came across some photos dated 1905 and 1908 described as Sooke Fish Traps from the British Columbia Archives web site from the BC Museum I wanted to share. I never realized how extensive the fish traps were and how many salmon they pulled out of there. Different times for sure. One could...
  7. M

2018 Sooke Reports

Took my Nephew from Toronto out fishing for first time ever on Monday, could not be any better for him. Flat calm. Two nice wilds in the box, three returned including one pushing 10 lbs +, couple long line releases. Couldn't find any hatcheries. Straight off the head from 450 ' to shipping...
  8. M

2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Any word on how they made out at the boarder ? We are allowed one wild now so I booked a couple days off.
  9. M

Shudder front end 'DEATH WOBBLE"

I have a 97 dodge Cummins , track bar would last a year or two. Upgraded aftermarket track bar kit and steering stabilizer over ten years ago, and no issues since . You can also adjust the steering box to take out some steering slop. I replaced the ball joints, bearing, u joint, brakes...
  10. M

Tachometer Isnt working

DeeJRay, I believe your thinking of speedometer, not tach. :) Oakbayfishin, a lot of motors send tach info from the charge coil and it is a sign you may not be getting proper charging voltage. Put a voltmeter off the charge wires at the engine and if your not getting 13 to 14 volts your charge...
  11. M

Best Motion Sickness Meds

If you really really need it, then Meclizine, but I agree with FishDoc, no medication is best. Sea sickness is your bodies response to conflicting input from your inner ear and visual interpretation by your brain as to where you are in space. When your brain is confused primitive programing...
  12. M

Looking for a dog

http://www.victoriaadoptables.com/ Some great dogs here
  13. M

Bleeding Trailer Brakes

On my actuator I take off the brake oil filler cap and there is a lever inside the actuator I pump with a flat bladed screw driver which pumps the oil through the system.
  14. M

Buying a boat that's not registered. Help!

Start here http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/debs-obs-paperwork-paperwork_boat_licence-3211.htm#a1 You might mean "licence" which is for pleasure craft , different then registered which is more for commercial . Hope that helps.
  15. M

Victoria Reports 2015

love that classic peetz reel !
  16. M

What to do with pinks?

great canned fresh, my buddy did a batch with a drop of liquid smoke for flavour, turned out great. I also brined them and then froze them to smoke another day. worked good.
  17. M

Area 20 Chinook Regs? Update?

Once the notice FN543 expired we revert back to normal regs by default automatically. We're good to go for two springs 45cm and up.
  18. M

Sooke2015

Fished 5am to 2pm Sunday at otter for the morning, then the trap to beachy in afternoon. No springs, did not see much action. Couple of coho released and a bunch of pinks. I was surprised they are here allready, bellies full of krill. What a beautiful day on the water. Went out deep off otter...
  19. M

Sooke2015

ya, you cant trust those current atlas tables in some of the bays like whirl and church rock, the water will be swirling around certain points and at certain locations actually be going in the opposite direction of the general flow. :)
  20. M

Gas prices

I think also they will be low for a long time also . OPEC is trying to squeeze out the shale oil industry. World is flush with oil, USA is almost if not self sufficient all ready, modern technology continues to find reserves unattainable 20 years ago. Opec use to have a lot influence in...
Back