Search results

1. T

Outcast Discovery 10-IR stand up pontoon boat

Selling my Outcast Discovery 10-IR. Comes with a 10# mushroom anchor. I've owned this boat since new. It's a great boat. Only reason I'm selling is because I bought a jon boat a few years ago and never use this anymore. $625 obo Located in Coquitlam.
  2. T

Skidegate or Bella Bella

Sweet. I had no idea it would be prime time. I figured I'd be late for the big fish. Bella Bella it is then. She's staying in Waglisla, but she said we'd move over to Shearwater for the weekend. Thanks. I'm excited about going now.
  3. T

Skidegate or Bella Bella

So my wife took a new job. As part of her new job she gets to travel to different bands or aboriginal businesses in BC and present benefits renewals. She is going to Bella Bella at the end of July and Skidegate at the end of August. I'm not too familiar with the fishing around these areas. I'm...
  4. T

Kamloops Lake Fishing Area

Jacko is fishing poorly this year. Locals aren't fishing it very much. The algae bloom will be coming shortly as well. Roche is fishing good for small fish. The big guys are few and far between since the winterkill a couple years ago. Edith is always fun. Caught them up to 6 lbs. Can get nice...
  5. T

Wanted-16-18 welded aluminum CC

I've got an 1999 Eaglecraft 18' CC. 2006 Mercury 75hp with about with about 450 hrs. Downriggers, GPS/finder, radio, self bailing hull. 2011 Tuff Trailer with new winch. Great ocean boat. Fished in Campbell River, Gulf Islands and lower mainland. Super stable.
  6. T

New Silver Streak

I'm all for the self bailing deck as well. I've got an 18' Eaglecraft CC and love that I can just throw buckets of water on my deck to get rid of blood and any crud that gets on the deck. Have yet to get my feet wet when 2 people are standing in the same corner. Go for the 150hp as well. I wish...
  7. T

Gas prices

Most of the west coast refining capacity is down. That's why the prices are so high. Exxon had an explosion in California, bringing down their 100,000 bpd refinery for at least the next few months. Tesoro is on strike, so their 240,000 bpd refinery is offline. 2 other refineries in Washington...
  8. T

Chevron 87 ethanol content?

I'm not sure what the Chevron Legacy barge has for tankage. I'll ask the question and find out the answer. The marinas I've fueled up at usually offer a mid grade with no ethanol. Ethanol isn't very good for older engines. They weren't designed to handle it and the ethanol dries the gaskets and...
  9. T

Chevron 87 ethanol content?

Chevron has 2 tanks at a station. One with 87 octane with 10% ethanol in it. The other tank carries 94 octane with 0% ethanol in it. The mid grades are blended on site as you fill. It's not an exact percentage, but it works out to 10% for 87, 7% for 89, a little less thasn 5% for 91 and 0% for...
  10. T

Fishing in hawaii

I was staying in Puamana and fishing out of Lahaina. She loved touching the fish. She was quite shocked at how big they were and wouldn't go near them unless she was in my arms. She had only seen salmon and trout up until that day. The captain was quite stoked about getting those spear fish, as...
  11. T

Fishing in hawaii

Here's from my last trip in 2011. 2 short billed spear fish and a mahi mahi. Going again April 11th-25th. Seeing all these pictures is making me pretty excited.
  12. T

Fishing in hawaii

Fished Maui a few times. Mainly out of Lahaina. Fished with Start Me Up a couple of times. They were pretty good. Was really rough the last time out with them. Everybody was getting sick over the side of the boat. Left more fish for me, as I don't usually get ill from rough water. Captain was...
  13. T

All Terrain Tires -- General Grabber vs ???

I had those Dunlop AT20 pieces of garbage on my FJ when I rolled it off the lot in 2006. Rolled it right to the tire shop and got me some BFG ATKO in the 10 ply. Got 95,000 kms out of them. And I do some pretty good off road miles to get some way out of the way 4x4 only fly fishing lakes in the...
  14. T

Letter To Hardy Bros----Am I Dreamin About Potential Market For This Reel?

My buddy is working with Ryobi on building a mooching/centerpin reel based on their lever drag fly reel. I've seen the prototype and I was quite interested. It was a 3:1 gear ratio, so the line really retrieves fast. It will have a very nice lever drag system as well. Once they come to market...
  15. T

NetFlix Canada Questions......

Is your TV a smart TV? A lot of the newer TVs are. My Samsung, I just press a button and it connects through the WiFi in my house.
  16. T

Transporting Salmon Long Distances... Europe

You'd most likely have to ship with dry ice, as westcap stated, or the fish might spoil. Last time I shipped with dry ice, it is a dangerous good. It would need to have appropriate DG labelling and packaging as per IATA standards. You would need it packaged by someone who holds their TDG by air...
  17. T

2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Fished the cap from 8 to 1 today. 18# white spring and a nice hatch coho. Pretty foggy out there in the morning. The run from rocky point was pretty interesting. I can totally see how people can lose their bearings. I could see maybe 100 yds around me, if that. If I didn't have the GPS, I would...
  18. T

Fished the Cap from 8-3:15. Saw quite a few fish caught. We managed 1 jack spring and about a 15 lb red spring. The spring was super chrome. Must have just got there and hadn't turned color yet. Had a few hits, but nothing else stuck. Fished with Waddy29 from this site. Nice to meet you, thanks...
  19. T

Tales From The Tyee Pool.....2013...

My buddy Dave C. sent me pictures on Sunday of his 36.5 lber. His biggest fish to date. What a beauty it was!
  20. T

Fished the cap down to fisheries today from 10 to 3. Got a pink that spit the hook beside the boat and boated a 20 lb white spring. 91' on a green glow teaser head with an anchovie. Was fishing in 100' to 110' of water. Got that fish at maybe 10:30. Then nothing else. Beauty day out there...
Back