Search results

1. Osama Bin Hopper

Running from Vancouver to Bamfield September 12 for Tuna Shootout

Any other boats making the journey from the big city to tuna like that day? Some friends rented a 36 foot Silverton for the derby and I'm skippering the rig. Wouldn't mind a buddy boat for the trek!! Leaving from Granville Island early in the AM. Jeff
  2. Osama Bin Hopper

Bamfield lost a great man on Tuesday

Pat, the fella that owned and ran the Bamfield General Store on the west side of town passed suddenly on the boardwalk. Our community is beside itself, many of you had met him, especially if you were with me. Tragic, wrong, horrible. RIP Pat Byers - our town will never be the...
  3. Osama Bin Hopper

Awsome fish and chips in Comox!

At the marina Surfside fish and chips. It's awesome and I'm sure everyone will enjoy the eye candy as well... Reopened for the season yesterday, I can't wait to hit it!
  4. Osama Bin Hopper

Mill Bay area beaches

Hey can anyone recommend a good beach a guy could have a fire and bbq? Don't need facilities, just don't wanna get chased away... Don't know the area AT ALL.. Thanks
  5. Osama Bin Hopper

A different fishery today - Bamfiled sushi night

Well we decided to have a sushi extravaganza over at my place tonight so I'm just getting ready to go meet Jerry and get out on the water. Taking divers to collect rock scallops, urchin and maybe some sea cucumbers. It's nice to do something different once in a while without a rod in the...
  6. Osama Bin Hopper

Who to donate money to - SFI or PSF??

Trying to make some decisions regarding derby proceeds. Without this turning into a shitshow, if I could get a bit of input into which org and why from those familiar... Thanks! Jeff
  7. Osama Bin Hopper

Bamfield tuna shootout - preliminary info release

Preliminary information regarding this years shootout! hold the phone. technical difficulties...
  8. Osama Bin Hopper

Volunteers needed - Bamfield Tuna Shootout

Hey guys, I'm just gonna throw this out there because we could use a few more minds/bodies for the prep/carryout of this years Shootout. We are planning bigger and better and I'm sure that certain skill sets could secure themselves a boat seat at least! Message me directly or respond to...
  9. Osama Bin Hopper

Fundraising Idea for Enhancement - SFBC FIGHT CLUB!!

No jokes, this could work!! We all have a guy or two we'd like to take a whack at on here... So lets do it and make some money for a good cause!! Maybe bury the hatchet for a few at the same time. Have a couple different fistfights, charge some admission and donate it to the cause! No ones...
  10. Osama Bin Hopper

Short notice - 3 bedroom house on boardwalk in Bamfield available this weekend.

Includes private dock, cleaning station. $300 per night. Also just had a major cancellation for mid week fishing, send a note if someone want's to make a deal... Jeff
  11. Osama Bin Hopper

Bamfield tuna shootout!!! September 22 - october 1

Here it is fellas. Lotta chit chat about tuna, lotsa pm's and stuff. This is the dates. We are looking for as many boats to participate as possible. The main objective of the event is to teach and go out in numbers for those who are new to the fishery. Create a safe and fun environment for...
  12. Osama Bin Hopper

China Creek Launch tomorrow

Hey guys, does anyone know if the launch at China Creek is good to go? I have a buddy running his down tomorrow and he'd prefer to go from there than Clutesi. I haven't a clue about this time of year. Any help would be great!!
  13. Osama Bin Hopper

Seafood harvest party

It's that time of the year again! Prawning is getting good, crabs are crawling and the sun is supposed to shine on... So this Saturday (Dec 3) we will be hosting our second annual seafood harvest party. Come down and load your coolers and have a great time with some of the locals...
  14. Osama Bin Hopper

Bamfield reports - Fall and winter 2011/2012

Well, we're halfway into November now, time to start dragging the gear in the mud for those delicious feeder fish. Not to mention that the prawning and crabbing have been heating up the last 10 days or so as well... Will come back to this thread later in the week with some pictures and a...
  15. Osama Bin Hopper

New prawn recipe - Buffalo wing style! so good and so easy!!!

Take some jumbo prawns, peel them but leave the tails on. Skewer the buggers. Sprinkle sea salt, pepper and hot paprika on both sides. Melt a stick of butter and add half a cup of Franks. Baste prawns with sauce prior to and as they cook on the grill (high heat) Flip and baste...
  16. Osama Bin Hopper

Happy Birthday Dog Fuc.... I mean Fog Ducker!!!

LOL!! Hey shitballs, hope you have some great fun on your birthday. See ya in a few weeks. How old??
  17. Osama Bin Hopper

TOONA SHOOTOUT!! - Bamfield September 22,23,24

Ok fellas, looks like it's getting better out there, just in time! We went 8 for 10 hooked yesterday and 13 for 18 today. Took a lot of time yesterday to locate the fish, didn't have a bite until 4:11 pm! Then double header and both popped off right away. Talk about ******' disheartening...
  18. Osama Bin Hopper

Firelight - urgent pm sent

Hey dude I have a spot for you tomorrow if you can get ahold of me in the next hour or so....
  19. Osama Bin Hopper

Bamfield Halibut Derby - May Long Weekend

Hey all, we are going to do a hali derby based out of Mills Landing this May long weekend - May 23, 24 and 25. We will be looking to raise a few bucks to start a chinook net pen release project out of Bamfield Harbour. Cash prizes, gear prizes, fishing trips and accomodations all up for...
  20. Osama Bin Hopper

Bamfield Halibut Derby - May Long Weekend

Hey all, we are going to do a hali derby based out of Mills Landing this May long weekend - May 21, 22 and 23. We will be looking to raise a few bucks to start a chinook net pen release project out of Bamfield Harbour. Cash prizes, gear prizes, fishing trips and accomodations all up for...
Back