Search results

1. Confused

Thru hull transducer

Anyone mounted a thru hull like this? Pitfalls?
  2. Confused

Halibut Tac

Anyone have any insight into how we made out this year as far as a percentage of allowable TAC used?
  3. Confused

Fishing with more than 1 lure/hook on a line

I was watching one of our local west coast fishing shows as they fished for halibut. They were using spreader bars with a hootchie, which is normal for a lot of people, but they also had what appeared to be a "mudraker" type jig on the spreader bar where most put a lead ball. I was under the...
  4. Confused

Apex lures

Does anyone still use them in saltwater anymore? I do.....always have one down if not using bait. As productive as any other gear that I have, other than bait, and I have a lot of gear. Hardly ever see anyone use them anymore so was wondering why??? What everyone's favourite color? My goto...
  5. Confused

Ball Hitch

So just a curiosity.....do ball hitches get metal fatigue and just snap off at some point? What is the lifespan on one? I imagine there are lots of variables, average load, quality, etc. I have only ever heard of one. And I imagine it is a rare thing, but I do think about it as I tow my 21 foot...
  6. Confused

Scotty downrigger wont stop

Out on the water today and my scotty downrigger will not stop after letting go of the green button. Tap it and it keeps running until it get to the end and the belt jumps off.....did that once. After that I kept trying and just pulled the plug before it got to the top. Maybe the switch????
  7. Confused

Yamaha blowing smoke

I have a yamaha 2002 four stroke that blew some smoke out the other day when I started it. It ran fine, and never persisted beyond starting it. What would cause this? Thanks in advance.
  8. Confused

Haida Gwaii

We are heading over to Haida Gwaii on July 18th and staying for 12 days. I have been there once before but didnt do any fishing other than crabbing. This time I am hauling my boat, a 19ft harbercraft. Most of the threads I have searched on here seem to concentrate on the westcoast, hippa, etc...
  9. Confused

Info on Prince Rupert

Heading to Rupert this Friday. Looking for any info on how the coho fishing is progressing. Is there many halibut close in, just have a 20 ft harbercraft and wife is not too interested in going to far out. Also heard the crabbing is slow, not too many legals. I find that hard to believe...
  10. Confused

Bilge pump

How often should you replace your bilge pump? A number of years, hours, etc?? I would think waiting until it doesnt work would be too long, but really how often should you relpace them? My boat only has one and it is 12 years old, but few hours for a boat of that age(300).
  11. Confused

Rupert launch sites

Where is the best launch site out of Prince Rupert? Preferabley one that I can moor my boat at as well. I have a 19 foot aluminium. Thanks in advance.
  12. Confused

king crab

Does anyone have any experience catching king crab recreationally? Most importantly what type of trap to use?? Fishing out of Rupert. I have a friend that has given me some GPS cooridinates on where to go and what depth and such, but not a suitable trap style. He has a 55 ft boat with a...
  13. Confused

Thunderjet

I am looking at buying a Thunderjet in the next 6-8 months and have been doing some research. Is there anyone here that has, or does, own one similiar to the Chinook or Tyee model, or equivelant? Experiences good or bad? I have been out in a friends a few times and am quite impressed, but he has...
Back