Search results

1. bardfromedson

Got an old boat to sell.

I have an old 85 Sea Ox. cuddy cabin. Have not had time to keep it up and running the last few years. It is the old I/O volvo penta drive. Rebuilt 350. decent kicker. needs new batteries and starter and some TLC to get it running. Trailer is great. New wiring, axels, rims, and tires on a...
  2. bardfromedson

Alternatives to banks to finance fishing lodge

We are working on that as well. But I am trying to figure out alternatives if it falls through. Also trying through Canadian banks to see how much we can leverage our properties here
  3. bardfromedson

The place is fully booked to the end of 2022. 60% booked for 2023. Lots of repeat business. 85% of bookings are from outside North America. Still a risky business but solid foundation
  4. bardfromedson

It is going to be a family purchase and someone will be at the lodge full time.
  5. bardfromedson

I am looking at buying a fishing lodge in Central America. The books are good and lots of potential to take it to the next level. The owner mentioned the local bank was not interested in financing another potential buyer. My bank in Canada is not too excited about taking on the project. Anyone...
  6. bardfromedson

tuna fishing

Willie Mitchell just posted an instagram story of getting into the Tuna out of Tofino. I had a trip booked for washington sept 22 that will be a no go. Is it worth lining up a charter in BC that late in sept or not worth it? If so who knows how to get on them? never been and i have the itch.
  7. bardfromedson

Colombia River Walleye

hey. Just read about this fishery. anyone try it before? any places to bush camp in may since all the campgrounds are still shut? thanks
  8. bardfromedson

Tuna in Washington fall 2020

Hey. Was thinking of booking a fall trip for albacore. How late in the year can a guy count on to have a good chance at them? I see some boats book June to November. Is early October usually still ideal to go or when does it normally slow down? I’ve been looking at charters out of Westport...
  9. bardfromedson

Looking for opinions on Dual Console boats

Hello. I am in the early process of trying to find my future boat. I would love a cabbed aluminum fishing boat but will never sell the wife and kids on it. I think my only option is something like a striper 23ft dual console or something similar. still can lounge on the boat, maybe pull a...
  10. bardfromedson

2015 Tuna Adventures

I'm looking into doing a trip to Westport next year. It would be for between 2 and 4 guys. I wanna book early to get the dates that we have. On a tight schedule. Who would you recommend booking with? Best bang for the buck to fish for 1 or 2 days not counting the ride out if we're sleeping on...
  11. bardfromedson

whos hitting up mable lake this year

Do they shut down the whole lake or are you just not supposed to target salmon? Just moved to Vernon and wanted to do a day trip up that way. Wouldn't mind targeting trout if salmon is a no go
  12. bardfromedson

2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

I had the biggest set of pliers on it and couldn't get the barb out. Was jammed on the bone. Just had it cut out and stitched back together.
  13. bardfromedson

Just driving home after 6 days of fishing out of zeballos. Split our time between inshore and offshore. Offshore was best at the T for us. Fish were tight to bottom. Had to fish a minimum of 260 on the DR counter to get hits. Pinicles was dead for salmon but good for Hali's. Picked up 3 real...
  14. bardfromedson

Great post codfather. I got a few pilchard pattern spoons and a few tomics that should work. Might have to add a few black dots as well. Do you prefer glow spoons and plugs below a certain depth?
  15. bardfromedson

Looking for bait and tackle shop

My flight gets in at 930 pm and we're heading up to Campbell river for the night. Leaving early from there to go to zeballos so we might not hit anything that's open.
  16. bardfromedson

Looks like lots of good options. Thanks for the great help.
  17. bardfromedson

My buddies are picking me up in Nanaimo at around 10 pm. They need to stock up on bait and tackle before they hit the ferry. Can anyone suggest some places they could stop close to the highway between Kamloops and Vancouver?
  18. bardfromedson

I'm heading up on July 9th. Plan on fishing offshore most days if the weather allows. Can someone give me some suggestions on spoons and plugs for that area? I don't like fishing bait deep offshore unless I can't get anything else to work.
  19. bardfromedson

Need a safe hotel in Campbell river to park boat

I'm overnighting in Campbell river in July on the way to Esperanza. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel that I don't have to worry about the boat being parked there.
  20. bardfromedson

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/british-columbia/toxic-algae-bloom-off-west-coast-might-be-largest-ever-1.3116914 Anyone have an idea how this will effect the area? I got a trip planned for July 9th. Should I get a back up plan or will this blow through ?
Back