Search results

1. barkerfam

'98 Pursuit 2870 WA with trailer

Big Picture: USD $58k, located in washington state 1998 Pursuit 2870 WA Twin 2013 Suzuki 250 (363 hrs each) Triple axel loadmaster aluminum trailer with electric over hydraulic disc brakes Lowrance electronics (Chartplotter X 2, radar, thru hull transducer) Little pictures...
  2. barkerfam

Want to buy a NEW boat. Please help!

All, I'm planning on retiring in 2024 and want to buy what is hopefully my last boat. I have owned a 2004 trophy 2002 (17 years) and a 1998 Pursuit 2870 (last 3 years). Must haves: Fiberglass 23-25 feet walkaround/express (need cuddy) NEW Budget around $200k USD I thought I was going to buy a...
  3. barkerfam

grady white 218

All y'all, The new grady 218 is very interesting to me, but im having a hard time imaginig how to mount a kicker. here is a pic of the stern: the port side has the similar shape but no ladder. How would i mount a kicker??? Thanks Howard
  4. barkerfam

troll mode works for port but not starboard

Hoping the acquired wisdom here can help me out. Currently have twin 2013 Suzuki 250s. Per the manual, troll mode should work on both engines. However, it only works on the port. Any ideas where to even start the trouble shooting? Love using it, especially with newbies (1 beep up!) thanks hb
  5. barkerfam

Electrical systems for boats - need help!

Hey there, bigger new to me boat that needs some electrical work. Can anyone recommend a good book that will help me understand how it works and how to fix it? THanks hb
  6. barkerfam

Dexter E/H 1000 pump USD$200

works. just not the right pump for triple axel discs. Buyer to pay shipping, or pick-up. I'm in Everett, WA, USA Thanks HB
  7. barkerfam

Wash down pump stumper. HELP! :)

The story starts with my wash down pump not working on my new to me boat. Jabsco 60 psi. online search. Probably pressure switch. Remove pump. pump runs when switch bypassed. replace switch. now runs when connected to separate 12V battery. I think I’m a hero! wire pump back into boat...
  8. barkerfam

SOLD Single owner 2004 Trophy Pro 2002

2004 Trophy Pro 2002 WA USD$27,000 Selling my baby. Listing here first. Single owner Garage kept, never moored Cleaned after EVERY outing Power: 2004 Mercury Optimax 175 hp. <500 hours, equal compression 2019 Tohatsu 9.9, 300 hours. Electric start and tilt on custom bracket Both run off...
  9. barkerfam

lowrance chip for HDS 12 gen 2 questions

Hey folks, New to me boat with a gen 2 HDS 12 and HDS 7. Canadian boat that has now moved to Everett. Just took it out on its maiden voyage and realized that there is no local map info. Just the big blocky stuff. Old boat had Garmin so can't transfer chip. Navionics makes a "+" and a "platinum...
  10. barkerfam

Old style scotty plug receptacles, free

just pay for shipping from US. if no interest then to the dump they go! Thanks HB
  11. barkerfam

Be thankful!

Beautiful day down in puget sound for our 6 hours of shrimping this year. You read that right! I couldn’t go out due to work but a good friend brought over a few for a fresh dinner! Yum!!
  12. barkerfam

Suzuki engine pre-purchase inspection needed Nanaimo area

Hi folks, Have a boat that I'm going to buy in Nanaimo if engines pass inspection. Twin 2013 Suzuki 250s. I would like to get them checked out by a mechanic in that area. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you, Howard
  13. barkerfam

Boat surveyor recs Nanaimo area

Hi again, Any recommendations for trustworthy boat surveyor in Nanaimo area? Thanks! Howard
  14. barkerfam

GW 282 Sailfish issues?

Hi gang. I Will be up inspecting and seatrialing a 2002 GW 282 this weekend. Any of you have specifics I should be looking for in this boat? Has been recently repowered so not worried about engines. Thank you Howard
  15. barkerfam

Pursuit 255 OS thoughts

Hi all, In my constant search for the next boat, the Pursuit 255 OS checks many of my boxes. Currently have a Trophy 2002 WA, which I love, but am always looking to upgrade. Any firsthand experiences with the pursuit 255 OS out there? Thanks! Howard
  16. barkerfam

Shouldn’t miss fishing store?

Hey there. Currently in Sooke but will be heading south to WA today. Any fishing store that I should go? Some awesome place? Thanks!
  17. barkerfam

WTB red TR3

Title says it all. If you are looking to downsize and have a red TR3 you'd like to get rid of, please let me know. Thanks! Howard
  18. barkerfam

TM185M transducer questions?

Currently using a garmin 1040xs with a 600 watt transom mount CHIRP transducer on my trophy 2002. I fish mainly for salmon, but occasionally for bottom fish. Never fishing deeper than 300 feet. Questions: Am I going to have better resolution with the increased power (kw vs 600w) or just more...
  19. barkerfam

Recs for replacement seats?

Hi all. I'm the original owner of a 2002 (year) Trophy 2004 walk around. It has served me very well and the seat cushions are now toast. I could not find any replacement cushions and when I went locally to have the 4 pieces made I was quoted over $1000 US.:( Soooo, looked online for whole seats...
  20. barkerfam

"calling out" guides

There has been an interesting development in the Haida Gwai reports thread. Summary as follows: Report filed by fisherman whose hired guide refused or at least fought hard to not descend bycatch rockfish, and then pressured the fisherman to keep a too-small-to-be-legal salmon. The reporter...
Back