Search results

1. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

Awesome, congratulations!
  2. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

I suspect that the reason for setting a purchase price cap for rebates was to avoid the poor optics of owners of luxury vehicles being given back tax dollars in rebates, not to incentivise high mileage users. The govt did increase it from 60K to 70K about a year ago, but still it's an arbitrary...
  3. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

Did you drive it yet? You won't be able to resist after that.
  4. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

The only maintenance item of note in the manual is battery coolant system flush, to be performed every 10 years. Annual maintenance consists of 80-point safety check, tire rotation, check washer fluid level, and cabin air filter replacement.
  5. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

Won't spend a cent on brakes in 7 years, regenerative braking means they're hardly used. I'd expect tire wear to be a little faster, though. Heavier vehicle, plus it's so tempting to just put the right foot down often.
  6. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

First, wow! ER for what I paid for an SR! Epic. Faster DC charging, an extra 100 km of range, and 580 hp! The XLT 312A has loads of extra equipment on it that its gas counterpart lacks. Basically everything but leather and sunroof. Great deals on those runout 23s. Energy costs check: $2800/7...
  7. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

The interior mostly looks like a regular F-150, right? I've been working mine like any other of our trucks and it's been great. If there had been the usual choices available, I would have traded rear seat space for a longer box, but the Super Crew/short box combo all there is for now. Driving...
  8. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

Hope is always going to be a bottleneck on long weekends and such - 5 highways converging there. Lineups for gas pumps at peak periods has been a thing for years, so it won't be a surprise to see the same happen with EV. Always tough to get the balance right - do you build your gas or EV station...
  9. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

The truck has received several over the air updates over the past few weeks. Ford's practice is to roll them out to cohorts based on VIN. The first few have made little visible difference, but the most recent one is for the much heralded direct access to the Tesla Supercharger network. This is...
  10. sly_karma

Retaining wall contractor Victoria

Stacked rock like riprap is like opening a hotel for marmots. No, actually, more like marmot condos. Hotels are for temporary stays.
  11. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

I expect mine to last the life of the vehicle. The temp control and management systems on current EVs are streets in front of what's in your laptop or smartphone. Tesla data shows their batteries at 320,000 km average 10-12% range loss, which is 20 years of driving for average Canadians. I'd be...
  12. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

That really is an impressive result for an NCM battery. Hope mine does as well! I charge often and cap it at 90% unless needing all of it for a trip.
  13. sly_karma

What's for dinner tonight ?

Mrs Sly brought out a small container of frozen side stripe shrimp last night. Bonus! I thought we'd eaten the last of the summer's crustaceans back at Christmas. This is even better than putting on a jacket you haven't worn in a while and finding $20 in the pocket! A freestyle "what we got in...
  14. sly_karma

omc 2.5L 120hp and merc 3.0L 140hp interchangeable?

Post has been up for an hour and none of you layabouts have been on to advise OP to pod it and go outboard. Place ain't what it used to be...
  15. sly_karma

Tell Your Best Joke

Oooh, is that a man bun I spy?
  16. sly_karma

Discussing DFO with Pierre Poilievre

Do they have a plan for fisheries that they can share?
  17. sly_karma

EV Guru's help me with the numbers

The study itself covers small and midsize cars and SUVs. And it uses average km driven figures. Think carefully about your vehicle needs and actual daily, monthly and yearly driving patterns and km driven before concluding you are similar to the study parameters. Average annual km driven in...
  18. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

Back from 2 weeks in Mexico. Charged to 90% before I left and then unplugged. Charge level on return: 91%! All I can put this down to is air temp, 0 C at depart, +10 on return. Anyway, it certainly didn't drain any charge.
  19. sly_karma

What's for dinner tonight ?

I caught a couple of Bonita tuna today, about 6-8 lb size. One of them became carpaccio, Mexican style. Freeze the fillets for an hour, sharpen a knife. Slice the fish paper thin onto the nice cold platter. Drizzle with sesame oil and light soy. Scatter finely chopped onion and capers...
  20. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

Oops forgot pic from charging app
Back