Search results

1. F

2019 Port Renfrew Reports

Interesting. I just looked, and it definitely doesn't say anything under "restrictions" that says that there is an 80 cm max. If you scroll down to the bottom, that info was edited on Friday, July 19th at 4:46 pm. All this being said, I could have missed something. FishWish
  2. F

Netting someone else’s fish wrapped on your downrigger

You absolutely did the right thing. Good on you. FishWish
  3. F

Towing a 185 Double Eagle

Thanks for the replies! Useful information and great help for my decision making. Tight lines to you all. FishWish
  4. F

Towing a 185 Double Eagle

Question for you all...I know that I can look at the numbers of boat/trailer/gear weights as well as look at towing capacity...but I am looking to see if any of you have any first hand experience with the following. Any of you tow a 185 Double Eagle with a Tacoma DC 4x4 (4.0L)? If so, how is...
  5. F

Desolation Sound area charter recommendation

I definitely also recommend Powell River Sports Fishing. Dean is awesome! Great fisherman with excellent attention to detail. He will work hard for you. FishWish
  6. F

2016 Powell River Reports

Thunder21, I went out right behind you yesterday, but went to Coho…lots of fish there, but mostly 20-24" jack springs. Fished as shallow as 21 ft and as deep as 201 ft. Only 1 wild coho…keepers were all deeper (180-201 ft) on anchovies. Pretty fun fishing with quite constant action. Went...
  7. F

Project: Second sounder

Yes, it was used/trade in at Harbour Chandler. Here is the piece of Starboard that I routered. This is what I am mounting the bracket to.
  8. F

Fin...I paid $200 for the sounder, but that was just the head unit without a transducer. Once again, Harbour Chandler and their great pricing/customer service. Sir Reel...You are correct. 22ft Sea Sport Sportsman (no head) There is a void on the starboard side behind the grab handle where I...
  9. F

Sorry for double posting :) Here are the pieces that I am installing.
  10. F

Well, I have had my current boat for about 2 years. Awesome boat. Excellent electronics including an HDS8 at the helm with a radar and an Airmar transducer. One thing that has been an issue since the first time that I used it fishing is that I have difficulty seeing the HDS screen from the back...
  11. F

Tuna-Southern Vancouver Island

Kelly, Are you able to troll fast enough with the twin 25 hp kickers, or are you still having to use the main for Tuna? Pretty amazing set up to say the least! FishWish
  12. F

21' Trophy fish holds

Here is what I did when I owned my Trophy...I took this from a post I made last year regarding the same issue. The fish wells and scupper location were a BAD design from the beginning. Any water that would end up in the cockpit ended up in the fish wells, and very little actually went out the...
  13. F

Take a kid fishing - pictures

Excellent fun... Here are mine from this summer :)
  14. F

Winter Harbour Report

SF, Does the front hook just hang free, or do you bury it in the skin also? Thanks for the pics of the setup, FishWish
  15. F

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Andrew P...I tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full. FishWish
  16. F

UV charge box

Did you order it directly from the website? FishWish
  17. F

Hand painted teaser heads

I stick eyes on mine...no paint though. FishWish
  18. F

Inboards

I completely avoided them for a long time. Then I found the perfect boat for me, but the only thing was it had an inboard. Talked to people who had them, and then to a couple of friends who are marine mechanics, and they all spoke very highly of them. Ended up buying the boat, and couldn't be...
  19. F

Striper vs Trophy

I had a Trophy 2002WA for 21 years…1992-2013…bought it new at the Victoria Boat Show at the Memorial Arena…had to wait until spring of that year for delivery, but loved it since the first day I put it in the water. Yes, we did have some issues with the stock Force 120, but it did last a good 10...
Back