Search results

1. Gomesy

Mobile Marine Mechanic in Greater Vancouver?

Hey SFBC family, I’ve got my boat moored at Lynnwood marina and I am looking for a mobile marine mechanic to help with my 9.9hp Yamaha kicker that won’t start. Been scouring Google but have not had any luck thus far. Any recommendations/referrals would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Mark
  2. Gomesy

Pender Harbour Area

I'm headed to Pender Harbour for the weekend and taking my boat. Just wondering if anyone has any reports or can give me a little heads up on where to try. Thanks I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!
  3. Gomesy

Shipping/Transporting a Boat from the Eastern USA

Does anyone have an idea on how much bringing a 19 to 24 ft boat on a trailer from the East Coast to Vancouver would cost? Has anyone done this? I know you could have a company drive it across or you could ship it or maybe even bring it over via rail? But I have no idea how much it...
  4. Gomesy

Marine Battery Wiring

Hey guys, I currently have a dual battery hook up with a switch, with an outboard engine. I also had a pull start kicker. My problem was that when I was tolling I was only draining the batteries as the kicker didn't have a charging system. I have now purchased a new kicker with a charging...
  5. Gomesy

June 27th Weekend

Hey guys, With the projected Gale Force Wind warning tonight and Thursday, do you know of anywhere on the West Coast that would be alright to go for a couple days?? Ideally I would like to do some Bottom Fishing as well as Salmon Fishing. Originally I was planning on going to Nootka...
  6. Gomesy

Nootka Sound update?

I was wondering if anyone went to Nootka this past long weekend? And if so, how you did? I've got a trip planned for the area at the end of the month. Thanks
  7. Gomesy

1988 Bayliner Trophy

I'm looking at buying a 1988 Bayliner Trophy 2002. Anyone have any information on whether this is a good boat? I thought I heard some people saying to stay away from older Trophies, possible poor design? What do you think? I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!
  8. Gomesy

Nootka vs Bamfield

Hi everyone. I've learned a ton reading all your posts here. Some great tips and information to be had. It's awesome having a forum to allow the recreational fishermen a place to communicate and prove that we are a family. Now to my question. I'm planning a trip to the west coast the...
Back