Search results

1. Bifmalibu

Best affordable 7" touchscreen Chartplotter Sonar

Thinking about a better chart plotter sonar. I don't have maps on my current Garmin and want to upgrade to something I can follow contour lines with better. I don't find the Navionics app on the iPhone is cutting it. I think a 7" is going to be about as big as I can fit and really all I want to...
  2. Bifmalibu

Big Chief power cable

Hey. Anybody have a power cable for a big chief(probably little chief as well) I could borrow? I've got a batch in the brine and planning to smoke tonight only to discover my cord is missing to my big chief. Probably still packed away in a box from the last move. I'm in Nanaimo. Thanks!
  3. Bifmalibu

Trophy XL 11' heavy casting rod and Shimano Calcutta 700S with power pro

I used this a handful of times on the Fraser back when you could bar fish. Those days are over and I'm on the island in Nanaimo now. 350$ OBO. I come to the mainland from time to time.
  4. Bifmalibu

Thoughts on Shimano Technium TNC X80H for Halibut

I have two of these rods. What is the consensus on using them for Halibut? They are classified as a Sturgeon rod.
  5. Bifmalibu

Gibbs Half Jig Hooks

I've been trying out the Gibbs half jigs. I removed the trebles because of all the undersize fish around but I don't like how my hooks are sitting on the split ring. Any suggestions? Could I remove the split ring and pinch a hook right on the ring on the jig? Would it affect the way it drops?
  6. Bifmalibu

Boat ramp lights

Hey Folks! When you're on the boat ramp and it's dark out, please turn off your headlights. It's tough to see backing down the ramp while getting blinded. Tight lines!
  7. Bifmalibu

WTB Kicker with charging

Looking for a good running 8 or 9.9hp, 20 or 25" with charging capability. Thanks.
  8. Bifmalibu

I need a better transducer

I've got a Garmin sonar and it's fine except the transducer sucks for fishing the chuck. I think it's designed for lakes. Are the airman p66 still the go-to for affordable 'ducers?
  9. Bifmalibu

Knot for braid to gangion?

I'm struggling to get a good knot between my DR braid and the tuna cord. Any suggestions? I have nightmares of gear plummeting to Davey Jones locker.
  10. Bifmalibu

From the BCWF today....

The B.C. Wildlife Federation encourages immediate action from our members, followers, and all Pleasure Craft Licence holders in Canada: The consultation period for the proposed regulatory changes ends at midnight TONIGHT. The Federal Government has proposed amendments to Small Vessel...
  11. Bifmalibu

Propping an Arima 17

Ive been out a couple times now and seem to be maxing out my Merc 90hp around 5K rpm, according to vessel view mobiles tach. I think I should be in the 5800-6k range. Current prop is stamped D 3x13x19R(M). Any suggestions? Thought I heard a bit of cavitation when trimmed up. I don't think...
  12. Bifmalibu

WTB 3000lb rated trailer in good shape

Looking for a trailer for my 17' Arima. Looking for 3000-3500lb capacity. On the island. Thanks.
  13. Bifmalibu

BC Building Codebook 2018

Hey. I have to write an exam that requires the code book. I've looked on Marketplace, craigslist, the public library....no luck. I am not permitted to use the online code book during the exam and I need a hard copy. Anybody have one they'd lend, or rent to me? I'm in Nanaimo, but up and...
  14. Bifmalibu

Any electricians in Nanaimo? Small side job$$$

Hey. Looking to get a heat pump connected to a panel and disconnect to outdoor unit. Please send me a message if interested or know of a guy... thanks!
  15. Bifmalibu

Starboard supply

I'm looking to upgrade the old wood panels on my Arima with 1/2" starboard. Anybody have a good local source, LML or island? The place I bought it from in Coquitlam, back in 2012(?) doesn't seem to be there anymore.
  16. Bifmalibu

Gotta hillbilly my way through an outboard lift.

Hey guys, trying to get an outboard swap accomplished this weekend and I don't have the proper outboard lifting eye. Engine is a 2016 Mercury 90hp (360 lbs). Does anybody know what size and thread pitch these three bolts are? If I can find something that matches the 3 bolts I can make this...
  17. Bifmalibu

Seastar Cylinder, Baystar helm and hoses

I have a Seastar cylinder in good shape 400$ Baystar helm and hoses(I think 16') also in good shape 250$ Located in Nanaimo, I come to the lower mainland about once a month. Message me with your phone number and ill text pictures. Thanks!
  18. Bifmalibu

What do you think about these?

Thinking about one of these https://www.vevor.ca/boat-steering-kit-c_11482/hc4645h-front-mount-hydraulic-outboard-marine-steering-cylinder-suit-for-up-to-150hp-p_010204407660 to go with my Baystar helm. 90hp Mercury 4stroke is the engine. I'm sure it would work fine, anybody see any reason why...
  19. Bifmalibu

Thinking about a mini split, looking for help$$

I'm considering a mini split to help with the coming heat. We are planning to sell this house eventually, but it will help keep us cool until then and should be a selling feature, especially if trying to sell during the heat this summer. I'm looking at the Senville units and it seems they...
  20. Bifmalibu

Any shortcuts to Thrasher rock from Nanaimo?

Hey wondering if there are any passable short cuts to get out to thrasher or if its just better to go around from Brechin past entrance island way?
Back