Search results

1. S

Drilling into I-beam for stern tie-downs.

Take a 2" piece of flat bar (galvanized or other suitable metal) at the length desired to clear any obstructions and bend it at the required angle to clear the web of the I beam, drill a hole at one end to suit the strap and another at the other end to bolt to the web of the I beam at the...
  2. S

Mudhole location

deleted
  3. S

Fish Bags

deleted
  4. S

Dealer Mark Up

FWIW, in my opinion it would be difficult to give such a broad generalization of a "markup" on new/ nearly new, production aluminum/ fiberglass and custom built boats. Way to many variables to consider between them. Would be like trying to compare production costs/profit margins of an Audi 8L...
  5. S

Boredom Relief

This is what I've been working on to keep myself out of trouble. Just about finished, still sitting on blocks, but need a couple of warm days to spray a couple coats of poly on it once I move it to the garage. Was thinking of spraying it the shop but way to much tenting to protect the tools to...
  6. S

Boat Insurance

Thanks for all the info. Decided on Christie Phoenix. Excellent experience. Even met the President Chris Flint. Had a question about SVIAC membership and he popped out to say hi and showed me the salmon form his recent trip to Port Renfrew. Gave me his card and mentioned to give him a call any...
  7. S

Is it time to make life-jacket use mandatory in boats?

I wear an inflatable all the time and put on as soon as I step onboard. Have been doing it so long I don't even think about it. Making it law I don't believe will help those that won't t help themselves. I wear mine not because I'm not operating safely but because **** happens. That's what we...
  8. S

Boat Insurance

Thanks guys I really appreciate the info. The cost from Boatsmart is about $10 +/- for declared value from what was mentioned. My current insurance from Coast Capital jumped in the last 2 years from 5-600 to 820. Never had a claim. I can understand reasonable increases but this seems a little...
  9. S

Boat Insurance

Hi all, Boat insurance is up for renewal and its increased quite a bit from last year and am looking at alternatives. I've been looking at an insurance product being offered by Boatsmart Assure. They are partnered with McLean & Dickey and underwritten by Lloyd's of London. There product for...
  10. S

325 gallon water storage tank

Hi, Just posted this on Used VIC but if someone is looking for a 325 gallon horizontal leg water storage tank. I have one that is no longer needed. Excellent condition. Cost $819.00 + tax @ Industrial Plastics Victoria. Looking for $550.00 includes 1" ball valve and short length (2') drain...
  11. S

Plastic Mesh Tubing

You could try a welding supplier. I believe there is something similar to what you describe for use over gas/ TIG torch hoses
  12. S

Silver Streak

IMRINC you wouldn't have a couple of pictures of the aft bulkhead door would you? I was thinking of having one installed on mine. Thanks
  13. S

wanted crab traps

Discus could you send me your contact info please? I'm heading into Langford soon and would like to have a look. Do you still have the 2 "new" ones that you mentioned? Thanks.
  14. S

wanted crab traps

Discus, clear out your inbox. Looking for 4. The 2 new ones you mentioned and 2 others if they are in good condition. E-mail me some pics and we will meet. Thanks
  15. S

Lost fuel tank

deleted ..
  16. S

Screen on scotty

Just curious but has anyone ever opened one of these up and see if the batteries can be replaced and then re-sealed or would it be possible to put a zener diode in line and tap it into the retrieve switch? Never need to worry about batteries dying on you if it could be done. If they are not...
  17. S

HDS Help

I was having issues with mine and used the settings described here and am quite happy with the results. http://vimeo.com/15426536
  18. S

Scotty HP downriggers

Talked to I/O and they told me to call Scotty. I called them and they said I could bring them in and they would fix it and do an overhaul at the same time but it would take about a week due to volume. I asked if I could stop by and pick it but he said he would mail the parts to me if I wanted...
  19. S

Scotty HP downriggers

Just finished doing a little maintenance on my downriggers and noticed that the plastic "spring" in the locking tabs that hold the top cover on was broken. This could allow the lock to move into the unlock position. Would hate to see one of these covers fall over the side or lost when...
Back