Search results

1. tubber

What are these?

Stuff goes in a pocket, then in an upside down hat on a table, then eventually into a special basket in the designated area. Then every five years I dump it out and put the bead chains, glow beads, hose clamps, tomato ties etc. back where they belong. It's a terrible system, but it's mine...
  2. tubber

Comox Ramp

My Okanagan friend shares a boat with his son and they keep it in Comox Marina. We took it to Esperanza and upon our return found out the launch was closed in Comox due to a festival of some sort we were unaware of. We left him there to stay at his son's house and fix a few boat/trailer things...
  3. tubber

Boccaccio

Can someone direct me to a link or quote about non retention for Boccaccio on a DFO site? I've become well read on the subject during my search, but can only find info about keeping one China, tiger quillback and zero yellow eye. We trolled up a few off Esperanza. Also it seems Yellow eye...
  4. tubber

Hwy 1 to Tsawwassen via 17a

Trying to get to the 11:30 ferry tomorrow from Okanagan. Is the closure/detour on 17a painful or no big deal?
  5. tubber

Too good to be true?

Anyone else getting ads from this Indonesian outboard business? Looks like big savings. You go first then report how it works out.
  6. tubber

November trout fishing is the best they said

I got a few fish on Wednesday. Then the wife had me build some new raised beds on Thursday when I should have put the boat away. Snowy roads and icy ramps now -maybe it's over.
  7. tubber

Polar bear vortex score

My neighbour's dad is moving to seniorland, and won't be hitting the salt anymore, so I was given a couple tackle boxes. There was lots of 70s-90s typical rusty junk like browned out hootchies and giant steelhead tee spoons, but also some useful Tom Mack's, Henry Smith's, flashtails, buzz bombs...
  8. tubber

Kingfisher 2525 fueling

I just spent 3 days on the 2018 or 19 version. All was good but when the skipper was refuelling, he seemed to have a hell of a time putting the nozzle at just the right depth and angle and feathering it to avoid fuel blowing back out. Fill cap is on the back of the port transom and mounted...
  9. tubber

mr3

not mine. seems like a bargain. act fast. https://classifieds.castanet.net/details/islander_mr3_black/4300079/
  10. tubber

Barkley/Ucluelet or Vancouver Sept 5-12?

I keep my boat in Ucluelet and need to decide whether to bring it home after this week's trip, or go once more. Storage is paid to Sept 7. I've never fished in Ukee at that time due to work. Done the Vancouver sockeye thing then and have caught a few springs. I dislike the vibe and crowd of the...
  11. tubber

My bow eye was loose

About 3 days ago I decided to undo, strengthen the attaching point, then re-install my bow eye on the 1977 17' whaler. The boat was painted years ago with a grey primer then an off white that began to peel, especially along the sides where they did not use much/any primer. Well one thing...
  12. tubber

BC Ferries deals

Anyone finding the off hours discounts for trailers this year? My routine of driving through the night to catch a 05:15 ferry to save $70? looks like it might be over. I actually look forward to the peace of the hali anchor nap on the floor of my boat while I try to catch up on sleep. Several...
  13. tubber

Buying Tuna

Coming to the Lower Mainland this weekend for family stuff. Anyone know if there are tuna available at the docks near Granville Island or at Steveston? Thanks.
  14. tubber

fish stock

I like to dress halis and lings and bring them home on ice to avoid any hassles with size/measurements. The problem is you have to deal with the trimmings when garbage day is 4 days away. S0 I scrubbed the heads really well to remove slime and any red bits and threw them and the frames in a big...
  15. tubber

How not to fish

I did well on my last trip, but lost a couple dandies. Pretty sure I had my biggest fish ever on (biggest is 32) and it made a couple huge runs right away. It turned into a long line release when I slowed down, farted around with the other side, let the boat turn itself toward the fish, and...
  16. tubber

Campion boats company sold

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/business_news/article_5980aed4-dd49-11e8-a6c7-975b74c217de.html
  17. tubber

Stuff other people should buy, since you're too busy, broke, or have one.

I'll go first. Some good value here. Owner doesn't know what it is. https://classifieds.castanet.net/details/mooring_bouy/3647666/
  18. tubber

sockeye depth clarification

So if you are running two or three dummies and you post that you got your fish at 50 feet, for example, is that where the fish were on the sounder, where your hootchie was, where your ball was according to the sounder, or what your DR depth indicator says???? A similar question is does anyone...
  19. tubber

I don't get it.

I saw this today while picking up a part for my little motor. Motors were not black or white, but a red colour to match the boat. Doesn't come with rod holders. Sorry no pic. No idea what it would cost. Built to perform, the X-Plode is the pontoon that refuses to act like one. It carves, it...
  20. tubber

B.C. First Nations Fishing Rights - Supreme Court Ruling

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-224196-3-.htm#224196
Back