Search results

1. tubber

Below waterline primer

Rayvon knows. However, I re-gelcoated much of my old hull, but on the transom there were so many old époxy screw patches it wouldn't cure in a few spots. I sanded that section and sprayed a few coats with a can of Krylon from Lordco that matched the colour.No primer. It's been there 4 years...
  2. tubber

What's for dinner tonight ?

Finally got around to trying out the Christmas present paella pan. First effort was a B+. Just chicken and a few Argy shrimps for protein. I'll see if I can run over a rabbit once the mountain lakes open.
  3. tubber

What’s the setup for flylining livies?

I used a tiny silicone bobber stop, a free sliding bobber, a tiny rubber core weight and a squid last year. The current or a short cast gets the bobber stop through the guides and you're fishing the depth you want. Same setup for livies would work.
  4. tubber

Setting up Bauer prawn traps- poly rope?

18 inch loops will work. Just big enough to pass the whole coil of the 150 foot piece through the loop. Put some red or yellow electrical tape 10 feet up to warn you the join us coming. You might have to muscle it past the Scotty puller but probably not. Some people pull the whole works by hand...
  5. tubber

3.14159265...Day.
  6. tubber

port eliza lodge

I've been in end of July 2022 and first week of August 2023 as BYOB. Offshore opened Aug 1 in past years. Ferrer Point closes July 15 I think. We had great fishing both times. Food was good in 2022 and excellent last year. Basic accommodations but perfect for me considering the reasonable cost...
  7. tubber

Connecting Cable to Mono on Downrigger

If you're dead set on cable and mono, protect your crimped cable loop with thin tubing, then weave your mono through that loop so it becomes a double (or triple) loop before crimping the mono. Btw, if you are using cable, you could just use the plastic stops on the cable to stop the downrigger...
  8. tubber

In Hindsight Advice (seeking not giving)

Here's free advice: don't ask questions about a specific boat you are interested in or these sumbitches or the lurkers will buy it out from underneath you.
  9. tubber

Chinese style ginger soya halibut and fried rice.
  10. tubber

Want to buy a NEW boat. Please help!

Congrats. Big screen and a phone with Nav app for backup is my vote.
  11. tubber

Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

Bottom water only, and not too much, keep lights within a few inches of upper leaves and adjust as they grow.
  12. tubber

Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

We have eggplants, spinach, peas, fava beans, radishes, cabbages, broccoli, fennel, leeks, lettuces, and some flowers on mats, under lights, in cold frames, on a window sill, or in the soil. Going back to -7 again though. We also have a blue oyster tribute to The Last of Us on the dining room...
  13. tubber

Boat Insurance...Prices are up

What about maiming someone else? In the fog, at the dock/ramp, buddy falls overboard doing something dumb. Who pays liabilities and lawsuits?
  14. tubber

Gear For Sale! Rods, Reels, Traps

I'm going to be in the RC neighbourhood March 9/10 if I can help. I'll have my truck.
  15. tubber

2024 Tuna Adventures

Since it's just chatter, and I don't know anything, I'd swap out one guy for more reserve fuel and be very happy with 1-30 fish for a first trip.
  16. tubber

Tuna Fishing Fuel Consumption per day

I've been reading and talking about tuna: gear, spreads, troll speed, bait stops, jigging, safety, ice, water temps, chlorophyll, fuel, ice, fish storage, etc. for 15 years. I'm still not ready to go in my own boat as a first trip. Keep learning.
  17. tubber

Vancouver Boat Show 2024

For those who can't make it, HC has some good online deals in their Boat Show Flyer. Despite this chat gpt gibberish, 7.49 for a flasher is ok: Gibbs Commercial Green Flasher - Prism Tape The Gibbs Commercial Green Flasher with Prism Tape is a fishing flasher designed for both commercial and...
  18. tubber

Wanted 23-27' boat 100k max

Might be worth a drive up for a bs session and look if Chris B still has the same boat at Tofino Swell.
  19. tubber

Wedding Venue (Lodge etc) in Lower Mainland?

https://www.expedia.com/lp/flights/yzt/yvr/port-hardy-to-vancouver
Back