Search results

1. Eden Island

23 Hourston factory brochure

I see quite a few questions about the specs on 23 Hourstons, and this brochure may have already been posted, but I couldn't locate it. The surprise for me was the dry weight [5300 lbs]. Other brochures I've seen mention wet weight of 6500 lbs, which lines up with the weigh scale observation of...
  2. Eden Island

Chinook Management Measures - Areas 11 to 20, 111, and Subareas 29-1 to 29-5 - Effective April 1, 2024

The notices are not actually screwed up [although many may disagree with them]. - The first notice ]288] is a general closure and says there will be notices about Mark Selective fisheries. - The next notices give limited openings -- for example, not all of Area 12 will be open -- only...
  3. Eden Island

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

That seems like a reasonable price for a lot of boat -- and I am a diesel loving guy for economy.
  4. Eden Island

Chinook Management Measures - Areas 11 to 20, 111, and Subareas 29-1 to 29-5 - Effective April 1, 2024

Notice 291 - Areas 12-20 - https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=298760&ID=all body of FN 291 is pasted below. See also notices 289 [Areas 121 and 123 to 127], 290 [Areas 28, 29]. It doesn't look like the Coho and Chinook area maps are posted yet -- they...
  5. Eden Island

Full notice - https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=298736&ID=all Body of the notice: Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0288-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Chinook Management Measures - Areas...
  6. Eden Island

2024 Halibut Fisheries Notice

Weird - I found it - https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=298105&ID=all
  7. Eden Island

I'd have a crew mutiny if we gave up any of head, galley, dining table...and, oh yeah, heater.
  8. Eden Island

How could that be enforced?
  9. Eden Island

Believe the limits are the same as last year.
  10. Eden Island

Must watch video by Tom Davis on the Threats Facing the Future of Salmon Fishing

I was impressed with Tom Davis' live presentation and continue to be puzzled why we can't get these messages out in the media. That's what we need if politicians are listening primarily to other voices, and are thinking more about spin than about salmon conservation and the sport fishery.
  11. Eden Island

New Fisheries Notice posted today - full notice at https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=298105&ID=all An excerpt is below, with a few things highlighted: Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Fin Fish (Other than Salmon) Fishery Notice - Fisheries and...
  12. Eden Island

In Hindsight Advice (seeking not giving)

My 16' Skookum took us everywhere - with a bit of planning - Renfrew, Barkley, Clayoquot, Kyuquot, QC Strait and the Broughtons, and 3 times to the Central Coast - Bella Bella, Klemtu, Namu. Even then we had a kicker, but no way to get out of the weather. All that changed when our daughter was...
  13. Eden Island

In Hindsight Advice (seeking not giving)

This is in the realm of advice for keeping your wife as interested as she is now. 1. Don't buy a boat without a kicker [or maybe a C-Tow membership] - she will not love you or the boat if you're drifting - especially near Porlier Pass or some such. 2. Don't buy a boat that doesn't have a...
  14. Eden Island

That's a lot of boat for the money - for the right person.
  15. Eden Island

BC Built Fiberglass Boat Owners Group

He posted a bunch of Hourston rebuilds at https://www.facebook.com/groups/399384209478174/user/100000978232167/
  16. Eden Island

My 23 has been diesel for 18 years, with duoprop. Efficiency is nearly double the original 350 cu in gas with single prop. Maintenance is less. If the guy is actually trying to sell his boat, I absolutely don't understand refusing to share a complete set of pics in the ad.
  17. Eden Island

Tahsis VS Port Hardy

There are a few crowded spots - if you call a dozen or so boats spread over a mile 'crowded'. And a hundred spots that aren't.
  18. Eden Island

Remind us what you're looking for next?
  19. Eden Island

Tahsis VS Port Hardy

Most of my north Island experience is out of Port McNeill, but I have fished Nootka and Esperanza a bit. We've caught four 30+ lb fish in Queen Charlotte Strait in the past few years- plus a couple of halibut ~70 lb a few years earlier when that was legal. I get the appeal of the West Coast...
Back