Search results

1. Salmon-slayer

2020 Nanaimo Reports

Same results as unreel. We just missed the high water slack. Lots of fishing getting caught no nets out still fun for the kids though.
  2. Salmon-slayer

ISO old Johnson parts

Looking for some antique parts: thermostat valve body and cover off an 1981 Johnson 90hp outboard in Nanaimo area thanks.
  3. Salmon-slayer

12 gauge shotgun

If your looking for something cheaper can’t go wrong with a maverick 88, there around $250-$300 depending if there on sale. Never had a problem, cheap lots of fun
  4. Salmon-slayer

Mid 90’s Campion explorers stringer lay outs

188 is the I/O models either side of the bilge forward end trace up from the engine mount just below the deck there is a spray of glass over the foam. When wet it starts to bubble up and you can stick your fingers threw it. If that makes sense ? Not sure how the 542 is as I haven’t checked one out.
  5. Salmon-slayer

not Mine just been shopping around for a new boat trophy or explorer but find all the explorers I’ve looked at have wet foam issue nice boats but rotting from the inside out
  6. Salmon-slayer

Hey just woundering if any of you guys have had the floor off a 188 explorer. Curious how far the foam runs beside the bilge and belly tank on eaither side.
  7. Salmon-slayer

2018 Nanaimo Reports

Soon as this weather subsides I’ll be out !
  8. Salmon-slayer

Low Maintenance 3/4 Ton or 1 Ton Trucks

Not sure if you where referring to my comment but my camper is 647kg and don't see my boat being over 200lb tongue weight truck has 2700lb payload
  9. Salmon-slayer

I'm not an expert but the "second gens" are the later year 6L where a lot of the bugs where fixed. Like unreel said if they have been bullet proofed by the right owner all the deletes head studs and exhaust done they are pretty rock sold just from what I've seen with a few friends that have...
  10. Salmon-slayer

I did a bunch of research before I bought mine made a list of pros and cons of diesels vs gas for me and how I use my truck I went with the 6.2 f250 superduty never had a problem knock on wood. dose burn a bit of gas but lots of power no problem with my camper and boat, 2700lb capacity, just...
  11. Salmon-slayer

What Does Your Boat Weigh?

According to there website the 17ft runabout is 1000lb, older one like yours I would guess might be a bit heavier but somewhere in that range. So with your engines and gear I would say you would be well under 3000lb
  12. Salmon-slayer

WTB 22-24' with cuddy

Good luck with it hope you get your rig soon and have it ready for the season it's coming up fast
  13. Salmon-slayer

WTB 22-24' with cuddy

No first hand experience my self but the people I know they used Uship and you get a bunch of bids from company's who ship boats around the USA. Good reviews on the website from people I know.
  14. Salmon-slayer

Double eagle power

I looked at the boat hull was in decent shape but the boat has been neglected for years and didn't have a proper cover on it. Plus the middle cylinder only came back at 20lb
  15. Salmon-slayer

WTB 22-24' with cuddy

Ca.boats.com know lots of people who have gotten boats off of that website. Just find a good surveyor in the area of the boat, some of the ones florida way seem like a good deal but are insurance jobs from the hurricanes. Usually lots of inventory and way better prices then up here. Even with...
  16. Salmon-slayer

Scotty DR Deals

Chandler has a sale usually in may when the reps come down. Usually a Limited supplie
  17. Salmon-slayer

HALIBUT CLOSURE

Iam not against lodges by any means. Have pletty of friends wich have or are guides. I my self would like to do a tuna charter later in the year. Like you said people that don't have the means to get out or have there own boats it's great thing for everyone to enjoy. They are not the number one...
  18. Salmon-slayer

HALIBUT CLOSURE

I think the lodges should have to go on quota. There are a massive commercial fishery.
  19. Salmon-slayer

Double eagle power

The original owner is an old guy who bought it new then repowerd it in 1999 with the Johnson maybe He just kept the same hp which it originally came with. Boat lived in the interior until the past few years. Personally I'm happy with a boat that dose 25kn not winding the engine out the whole time
  20. Salmon-slayer

Double eagle power

Yea I think they did the foam up until the early 90's models. Heard it can be a major issue on a lot of the older ones. this one been trailered it whole life but never know if it has been properly stor d in winter, it's a real shame when you see a nice boat sitting out in the weather
Back