Search results

1. Peterman

Bulk Salt For "Bait"

Years ago a bought a huge bag 40lbs of Salt. To use for Herring and Anchovies.. Think is was a light blue bag, the OBMG were using them up in Rivers Inlet at their Lodge... I can't remember the brand... What options do we have for bulk salt..? Thanks...
  2. Peterman

WTB: Square Style Prawn Traps

Hi guys, I was looking to buy a some of the square style prawn traps.. with the sloped openings.. Possibly 8 or more.. I know a few guys make them on the Island ... I was hoping to get a good price if I bought few. I know some of my buddies will take some as well.... Does anyone know where to...
  3. Peterman

MR 2 Reel Servicing

Bought a pair of the older Gold MR 2's a couple years ago... used.. Pretty sure the drags need servicing... I believe the cork is glazed on one of them.. Should these go back to Islander in Victoria or can someone do them in the Nanaimo area ? Thanks..
  4. Peterman

Diesel Repairs " Does this sound right?"

So Im not a great mechanic for starters... Ive got 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 2wd I use for towing the boat and landscaping.. It just turned 200,000km, I want to stay on top of the maintenance so Im not hit with a large bill down the road... I ask around and its recommended I take it to Harbour City...
  5. Peterman

New and Use Fishing Gear Nanaimo.

Hi guys, clearing out a bunch of new and used fishing gear.. Prices are negotiable as it would take me to long to list each item.. So reasonable offers will work, or trade for some other fishing gear.. Sorry for the small pictures... We live by Dover Bay High School,
  6. Peterman

Running Cannon Balls 15's vs.18lbs

Just wondering if its worth running 18's over 15's when fishing deep. 150-225ft of water. Ive found that the braided line has made a big difference and even going to 25lbs mainline on the rods... is better than 30lbs.. When trying to keep the "blow back" as small as possible.. Im still running...
  7. Peterman

Ukee Halibut Help

Ive got zero confidence when it comes to finding quality Halibut around or off of Ukee.... I know its a tough one for people to share their favorite areas... but i'd certainly appreciate any help in this area... Ive put some time in.. trying areas that looked good to me on the chart, 220ft...
  8. Peterman

Just Smoked Salmon.com

Interesting site on Smoking Salmon... Trying my first batch right now, hense the site... looks interesting...
  9. Peterman

50lbs Frozen Herring

Is there still a place around Nanaimo where you can buy 50lbs of frozen herring in a box... Tried to find the old thread and failed... Thanks for the help...
  10. Peterman

Boat Storage In Ukee?

Was hoping to leave my boat in Storage (secure) in Ukee for July and Aug, on the trailer.. Just so Im not towing up and down the Island.. I know there's a couple places in town but didnt find a lot of info... Any help would be great...
  11. Peterman

Will this Sockeye gear work ?

Ive missed out on the sockeye fishing for the last few years... and I picked up this gear from a place on the Sunshine Coast that was going out of business..Maybe 5 years ago, but Ive never tried it... Its a gibbs sockeye set... I havent seen it sold anywhere else, looks interesting but will...
  12. Peterman

21.5 Campion Fishing Machine

21.5 Campion fishing Machine in excellent condition Hydraulic Steering t8 with controls 150 Merc Black Max Ready to fish Toilet Anchor Winch Lots of upgrades Really nice boat and great to fish out of.. $ 17,900 Brad 250-390-3316 N.Nanaimo
  13. Peterman

Cheap accomendations in Ukee

Just wondering if there is such a thing as a cheap place to stay in Ukee... Mid-Week specials? Hotels? B&B's?, doesnt need to be fancy just clean... Few guys, while we fish for a few days.. Thanks
  14. Peterman

Podded 20ft Double Eagle

With the addition of the new welded boat Im selling my 20ft podded Double Eagle LOA 22.8ft 1980 Hull $3,400 for the boat (o.b.o.) No Power Aluminum Pod Rocket lauchers/Radar perch Hydraulic steering with new lines and lines for secondary steering Bennett Trim Tabs New fuel filter Battery...
  15. Peterman

Cool Custom's you've seen

While in Ukee a couple years ago.... i saw a guy who took a 22ft Seafearer(Grady) older had the ouboard transom well... He took the well out, squared off the tramsom and put a bracket on for a 250 2-stroke yammy... basically taking a 22ft grady and making it a 24-25ft... You can find older...
  16. Peterman

Prop Shopping Suggestions

Im guessing my 24ft welded will be underpowered with my F200 yamaha and 17degree 3 blade prop.. Id like to try several prop's before committing to one... both 3blade and 4blades as suggested in another post.. Where's a good place to go shopping for props? Thanks..
  17. Peterman

30" Manual Scotty Downrigger

Never used 30" Boom Manual Downrigger... Was on the boat as a spare but never needed it... With SS cable and mounting bracket New $219.00 Asking $80.00 Thanks...
  18. Peterman

Boat Insurance for guys who fish ?

Ive been reading some older posts about boat insurance... seems like lots to consider when your running offshore, and operating in different areas of the Island, ECVI and WCVI etc... So who are the good guys to deal with? in either Nanaimo or Victoria... half the time I end up talking to ppl...
  19. Peterman

I Need a Long Arm Scotty

Just hoping someone is thinking about upgrading to the new Scotties this year... Id be interested in buying a Long Arm Scotty Downrigger in good shape if someone has one... I might be interest in a couple if sold as a pair... and the new style plug would be a bonus... Thanks
  20. Peterman

What Oil Do You Use?.... 05' F200

I've got an F200, 2005 Just wondering if everyone runs Yammy Lube or if there's a better alternative... And where do you like to buy it from?... Parker Marine in Nanaimo seems pretty pricy...
Back