Search results

1. W

your dream rig ?

Yup...! That's what I did!!! Wyrguy Rick Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. W

Newbie question: pink or spring

Here's a great visual resource that I use and it makes things easier for any Newbies in the boat. http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/points/salmon-saumon-eng.html I just wish they had something similar posted at some of the ramps... Seen too many wild coho and the odd sockeye being cleaned...
  3. W

2015 Alpine Group Juan De Fuca Fishing Tournament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. W

The funny JPEG/GIF/Picture Thread

For some reason, I keep thinking of Lipripper when I see this one!!! [emoji79] Rick Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
  5. W

Marine/RV Batteries

ps: David, sorry for the thread hijack... [emoji79][emoji37][emoji36] Rick Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
  6. W

Marine/RV Batteries

I call the 1, 2, 1+2, off battery switches the 'Old Skool' way of controlling batteries. They were designed before most of the modern electronics we now have that are very voltage sensitive and don't provide ANY isolation at all. I use (and install) the Blue Sea Systems 'Add-A-Battery' kit and...
  7. W

Marine/RV Batteries

Derp cycle can be used for starting... Not preferred though as they are not designed to provide a whole slug of amps in a short period of time like a starting battery is. The CCA (or MCA) ratings don't tell you how 'fast' the battery will deliver the amps, just how much capacity the battery has...
  8. W

Marine/RV Batteries

Dave, what make, size, and type are they? Maybe you can save two for Spike when he heads up to see you? Rick Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
  9. W

kayak fishing 2015

OUCH!!! [emoji79] (but I do resemble that remark!) Rick Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
  10. W

kayak fishing 2015

Tsqd, nice rig but what's the story with the peacock??? [emoji79] Rick ps: I 'found' one of the 7 lb DR balls I'd promised you. Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
  11. W

SeaStar Kicker Tie Cable

It sure is!!! 2012 22' Sea Legend HT...! I'd been lusting after an Arima for years, finally pulled the trigger! (now, back to your regularly scheduled post!) Rick Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
  12. W

SeaStar Kicker Tie Cable

I have one, and I'd NEVER go back to anything even similar to EZ Steer... Best invention since sliced bread and toilet paper! [emoji12] Rick Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
  13. W

what batteries to get???

Yea, they're REAL GOOD batteries... but for $5900 US, they better be!!! [emoji79] Its not as easy as just switching them out for regular lead acid/AGM batteries either... Rick Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
  14. W

What gauge wire to use

I'm not saying that HC aren't making the correct crimps, but with the correct size lug and proper crimp tool, there shouldn't be any 'room' for solder! [emoji37] These are one of the crimp tools that I use for #8 - #4/0 AWG cables. And when you cut the crimp open, it should look like this...
  15. W

What gauge wire to use

Let me know what ampacity (load) that you're planning on running and I can give you the correct wire size. Also, is that 18' the 'one way length' of wire? You want to make sure that you don't have any more than a 3% voltage drop on feeders to panels, that way the total VD to the...
  16. W

Early Spring Flyfishing

Karma... I just tried to send you a PM... Mailbox is FULL!!! [emoji37][emoji16][emoji36][emoji41] Rick Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
  17. W

Favorite Halibut Trolling Set Up

Gord, Trying to respond to your PM's... Your mailbox is full [emoji37] Rick Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
  18. W

Espar Diesel Heater

I can't help you with the polarity question but that connector looks like the female end of a Deutsch connector. European style of similar design to the Delphi Weather Pack connectors that I use for all my bilge or washdown pump connections. This is the Deutsch: Here's the Weather Pack...
  19. W

Blue Seas SI ACR-Battery Switch

The best way is to keep your motor and house loads completely separate. The easiest way I found to accomplish that with the least amount of space usually available is to use two of the larger bus bar terminal strips, one for the main & kicker positive cables complete with an insulating cover and...
  20. W

Blue Seas SI ACR-Battery Switch

The switches with the AFD on them are not for isolation between the house & start batteries. That is an extra switch built in to the main battery switch to disconnect the Alternator Field power to certain types of alternators that require a positive lead to them that allows them to generate...
Back